This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
    You are indeed wasting your time because you still cannot get or just ignore my point which I emphasized very clearly.

Number 1 guild steamrolls EVERYONE except number 2 guild and even then it is not competitive. And when I mean steamroll I mean ganking 3 or 4 people in the graveyard for 40mins or no one shows up at all. That is why you may as well just afk for 40minutes and half my guild does unless for the number 1 guild and last week we faced in the first round so EVERY SINGLE VICTORY for the rest of the week including the final one was like I said above. That is beyond ridiculous.

I understand your last concept about investment very clearly but it has nothing to do with my point I have been making, though part of my point shows that ones investment is hindered unless you are in top guild which is why everyone flocks to it and leaves all the other guilds. Final winner gets big reward which is incentive enough for people to flock to the top guild. I don't know their numbers but obviously there is a reason you are ignoring for everyone to join it since guild battle is when my server changed towards this direction.

Guild battle is broken and should be removed for the reasons I have mentioned until they fix it. At least for my server S61 as other servers may have better competition.
    Removal of the guild war system does nothing but hurt the top 16 guilds anyway, In S10 we have one guild that beats everyone, alot of guilds don't show up mainly because their players arent online, the ones that do, still show up. Yes, its a pain to be told "Your going to lose the guild battle against "Insert Guild Name Here" but suck it up, you still get around 400 honor and insigs for losing. If a guild chooses to not show up, then they could very easily clear their participants list and keep the other guild from gaining any prize until the final rank rewards. On S10 we have like 3-5 active/semi active guilds that show up and fight for their lives, The major issue is the matchups are prescripted. My guild beats every guild but the Rank 1 guild, and has every week, up until after part 2 of the update we would take rank 2, well now we take rank 3 because every week we get matched with the number 1 guild on friday. It sucks, but we still make the most of it. The system is not entirely broken but there are people figuring out how to exploit it which is the problem.
    Chrono - Assistant Guild Master of Uncharted - [S10] Termini Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrale View Post
      ON S2 there are 5 competitive guilds, out of the 16 that show up. Only time you get a decent fight is when you fight the #3-5 guilds, if you go up against the #1-2 its a complete steamroll. The #2 guild gives the #1 somewhat of a fight, but what your saying its imbalanced because Guild A either worked harder, or B. put more cash into the game that the other guilds so they should be penalized for how they are strong? The GVG is about PVP, which favors the strong over the weak. What your asking for is like saying the stronger guilds should somehow be penalized for being able to do what they do....that itself is just plain stupid. War favors the Strong over the weak, it has always been that way. Either you need superior strength, or Superior tactics...I mean you could even just have plain dumb luck.
      And this game needs to stop enabling one guild to get so far ahead. At least your server has more than 2 strong guilds. It is unbalanced because the game allows for too many people to fight for one guild and all the other guilds get swallowed up. Not because someone works harder or spends more cash. Thus competition is destroyed and I have already had people in the top guild who moved there saying they are losing interest because they win all the time and guild battle is no fun anymore since all the other guilds got smaller and smaller. I have also had the number 2 player in the server who was in the third top guild a while ago saying to me that it is no fun as the top guild has gotten so strong and the competition is gone when my guild (number 2 broke up) and I joined a different guild than his (#3). A few days later he joined the top guild. Open your eyes, a lot of players are complaining about this on the forums.

And SirCyrus stop with the suck it up argument. I pay money for this game and want return of my investment like many people here. And yes I can go find another game blah blah blah, I won't accept that argument.

If so many people are complaining and people have been leaving the game and this is a reason since people have told me they are quitting because of it then it should be addressed.
      Last edited by R24877577; 12-20-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R24675921 View Post
        I think we're a bit off track here. This thread was about how the #1 guild hopped from their guild to another guild to prevent a top 2 guild from getting rank 2 or 3. I'm lost, where were we?
        According to seniors, it's allowable to do this if all players wait the intended 24 hours after getting kicked.

I am inclined to agree with the suggestion of (mostly) locking players in guilds for the week although even that scenario has a notable issue as well.

Comment

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
          And this game needs to stop enabling one guild to get so far ahead. At least your server has more than 2 strong guilds. It is unbalanced because the game allows for too many people to fight for one guild and all the other guilds get swallowed up. Not because someone works harder or spends more cash. Thus competition is destroyed and I have already had people in the top guild who moved there saying they are losing interest because they win all the time and guild battle is no fun anymore since all the other guilds got smaller and smaller. I have also had the number 2 player in the server who was in the third top guild a while ago saying to me that it is no fun as the top guild has gotten so strong and the competition is gone when my guild (number 2 broke up) and I joined a different guild than his (#3). A few days later he joined the top guild. Open your eyes, a lot of players are complaining about this on the forums.

And SirCyrus stop with the suck it up argument. I pay money for this game and want return of my investment like many people here. And yes I can go find another game blah blah blah, I won't accept that argument.

If so many people are complaining and people have been leaving the game and this is a reason since people have told me they are quitting because of it then it should be addressed.
          I've paid money on the game too, instead of trying to put words in my mouth why don't you spend the time reading what I actually said. I never sucked up to anyone, I presented my thoughts on the subject, never said anything about going and finding another game, so therefore your point on that is invalid anyway, not to mention I'm spending money on this game too! I was saying that if a guild has few active members and doesnt want the other guild getting the rewards they can pull all the people on the participation list meaning the other team gets zero rewards for the battle that day for taking a "victory." Yes it breaks guilds up, but its bound to happen with players coming and going. I'd still like you to present a more concise and detailed reason as to how this system is "Broken" and why it needs removed when its working as intended but there are people exploiting certain aspects of it, the system itself is not broken, there are however loopholes that need closing. As for the massive shifts in power, its going to happen, people are going to want to join the #1 guild because of the feeling of safety and superiority. My other comment was about how the guild match-ups are starting to become more and more scrypted, especially once you get to the top 8 and top 4 especially.
          Chrono - Assistant Guild Master of Uncharted - [S10] Termini Cliff

Comment

You just told me to suck it up explicitly, so I am not putting words in your mouth. Telling someone to suck it up means the only alternative is find another game and some people do say that on this forum, even if you did not say this but your comment naturally means it.

I presented a concise argument a few posts above but I will say it again in better wording

1. Name me another game or sport where a guild battle or team match up is implemented where not everyone flocks to the top guild/team.
            2. We show up and have the option to afk for 40mins and everyone present gets far more honor and insignia than they can in an hour of battleground where they have to work hard even though some players go afk but then their team has a chance of losing as a result and the difference between a guild battle in rewards is enormous. We make an effort to fight tower wasting health and troops or fighting the 1-3 players showing up, the reward is the same if we do or don't, and the same for those on our team that afk. Yeah this doesn't seem right...
            3. 50 maximum participants, second most active guild on my server (one I am in) gets 30 tops. Don't know how many the top guild fields.
            4. Feeling of competition is lost and players leaving the game or server as a result, not attracting new players.
            5. Players in the top guild get bigger rewards and so their players gain faster gear widening the gap with everyone else.
            6. When guilds only get 1 competitive battle a week if that out of 5 and the rest are no shows or 1-4 show up so basically the same thing then yeah there is a problem.
            7. I haven't even gotten into the argument about players guild hopping which this thread is about.
            Last edited by R24877577; 12-20-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I just don't see why they don't put a cooldown on JOINING a guild before you can participate in a GB. Seems the easiest way to work around this type of stuff...

This happened in S1 once that I am aware of, but have not seen (or noticed it) since. Our top guilds are all pretty fiercely competitive, in the best sense, so I think most of the shuffling that has taken place due to the introduction of guild wars has (mostly) settled. Is there a dominant guild on our sever? Yes. Havoc can claim the top spot all they want. Does it take them the full hour to beat our guild? Yes it does.

We are normally ranked in the top 3-5, depending on the order of who we draw. Getting half the insigs and honor rewards from the battle is secondary to fun we have when fighting the top guilds on our server. That is what is most fun to us. Who cares about the top spot? The point is to have fun. While it can not feel good to have the short end of the stick in such a battle, especially when you are that much lower ranked of a guild, reaching the number one spot over a guild full of spenders probably isn't a goal that is within your natural reach right now anyway. If they implemented something like a participation cooldown (like 48 or 72 hours or so), then it would stop the immediate rule bending into grey areas of guild battling.
              ChieftainRez
              Knight
              VictisHNR
              [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Actually GW fits right in with the theme of the game. Cash players get the best rewards. Since 90% of the biggest spending cash players are in the best two guilds they continue to get the best rewards. Server merges are the only thing that will balance it out and even then you will only have 2 and possibly 3 (if the two second ranked guilds merge they might be able to form a third) competitive guilds. As one person put it R2 farms money like people farm honor in the BGs. Your options are quit or deal with the fact there is only one competitive guild on the server and if they have enough alts they are going to have a second guild that is probably the second strongest. I sincerely doubt R2 cares that their top cash players are exploiting a loophole. They might say they do to placate people, but as long as people keep paying no way it will change.

Comment

Originally posted by R24365771 View Post
                  I sincerely doubt R2 cares that their top cash players are exploiting a loophole.
                  They do. It's just a question of when i will be fixed as this exploit shortchanges them more cash.

Comment

Originally posted by J0hnyB View Post
                    Omg how can you say such a thing. They can fight 2 times in same guild war , in same day. this is an exploit and should be punished with ban how is done in every game. Omg better dont give any answer then giving such answers.

so let me get this straight, you are blaming the system for people kicking and joining another guild? and HOW do they participate in 2 GB? don't all GB start at the same time? so are you saying they finished their GB First , within that same hour they go join another GB that haven't ended yet? is that what you are trying to say? most of the time.

or are you saying the guild got 100 players and they split their forces by kicking 50 players who join another guild and get reward for it and then those player come back to their #1 guild? if that's the case why don't they just make 2 guild?

awhile ago, we had about 80+ online during GB and all we could have said was we are taking the first come first serve and took those people to GB and rest just better luck next time. while some of the left and join other guilds and that's about it.

i don't see anything here as been an exploit.

all i heard is this

- OMG Exploit, BAN THEM ALL, they are joining 2 BG on the same day...

my question? how? they finish 1 GB first and get kicked right away and join 2nd Guild and join in GB again? that must be some some cordination... and the 2nd GB just seem to always last longer? ...to kick 50 player and then add them in and add them to participating list, is a task in itself while DURING BG... that's some good coordination there...

or are you trying to say something else here I'm not understanding...?
                    Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

oh yes, that is a sneaky little exploiting trick there. The cooldowns should be applied whether a person is booted or simply leaves. That way it can guard against this sort of behavior. What a terrible thing to do that really takes away from the spirit of the game. I feel bad for all of you on that server, it certainly is sad and speaks volumes of personalities. Perhaps there needs to be a cool down for AFTER you join the guild not being able to participate in the Battle. You cannot join in the battle for 48 hours after joining.
                      Last edited by tjake601; 12-20-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

war mercenary ! :S
                        i bet there will be no guild hopper when they implement CD system even if got kciked , and some badass officer might troll member that they dont like by kicking them D=
                        [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
                        NasrulEyo
                        Mage
                        Havoc

"I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
                        U can submit a here
                        My guide

Comment

Originally posted by 御萧xXLJXx View Post

so let me get this straight, you are blaming the system for people kicking and joining another guild? and HOW do they participate in 2 GB? don't all GB start at the same time? so are you saying they finished their GB First , within that same hour they go join another GB that haven't ended yet? is that what you are trying to say? most of the time.

or are you saying the guild got 100 players and they split their forces by kicking 50 players who join another guild and get reward for it and then those player come back to their #1 guild? if that's the case why don't they just make 2 guild?

awhile ago, we had about 80+ online during GB and all we could have said was we are taking the first come first serve and took those people to GB and rest just better luck next time. while some of the left and join other guilds and that's about it.

i don't see anything here as been an exploit.

all i heard is this

- OMG Exploit, BAN THEM ALL, they are joining 2 BG on the same day...

my question? how? they finish 1 GB first and get kicked right away and join 2nd Guild and join in GB again? that must be some some cordination... and the 2nd GB just seem to always last longer? ...to kick 50 player and then add them in and add them to participating list, is a task in itself while DURING BG... that's some good coordination there...

or are you trying to say something else here I'm not understanding...?
                          Yeah you are missing something. The #1 guild sent members to another guild to take out the number 2 guild cause they didn't want the number 2 guild gaining insignia to complete level 55 sets cause that puts them once again on equal footing. They plotted to keep people from getting stronger out of fear. They planned it and tried it two weeks in a row. R2 says it's an exploit.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Like I have said in other threads, have players locked out to one guild for guild battle a week. So if you fight for one guild on monday you cannot fight for a different guild that week as you are locked out to them.

Sucks for those that get kicked from a guild but it would help prevent a lot of exploiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
                              Yeah you are missing something. The #1 guild sent members to another guild to take out the number 2 guild cause they didn't want the number 2 guild gaining insignia to complete level 55 sets cause that puts them once again on equal footing. They plotted to keep people from getting stronger out of fear. They planned it and tried it two weeks in a row. R2 says it's an exploit.
                              Wheres your proof that R2 stated its an exploit theres nothing I found on these forums stating that by an R2 staff member just because a staff member says it on there game doesn't mean it applies to R2 staff they may not see it as an exploit and if they did wouldn't it be fixed fast or at least stated here on R2 forums that it is an exploit, so until R2 says its an exploit here on there own forums its a tactic no matter how much you hate it which I'm not a fan of it either its a tactic and not an exploit until we see proof that an R2 staff member says it is an exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
                                that's not what the others said..

Finally someone explain things to me..

so #1 guild send their goons to guild #3 so guild #3 can beat #2 for #2 spot? ...
                                normally a guild will stay #1 unless most of their strong players decide to quit, even if they didn't try this "trick" of theirs....

most #1 guild on their own server don't do this thing you speak of... because they can dominate pretty much the #2 without much trying.

sound like your #1 guild does extra work for nothing... if they can send some member over to guild #3 and beat #2, why don't they just beat #2 normally anyway. the only benefit i see is just to keep #2 from taking that #2 spot which is just some soul crystal loss...that's about it.not much.

it is kind of underhanded but if they choose to be that way, and that shows what kind of player they are...

also, sometimes this happens where the #1 guild will face #2 guild on Wednesday already, so you would lose the 2nd round already anyway...

i don't really see it as an exploits, rather than just some evil players doing their evil plans...

ie: If a group of strong players on one server decided to camp lv. 60 mines or they decided to camp guild #2 player's lv. 60 mine. all they do would stay and take over any lv. 60 mines that #2 guild have. they kind of monopolized the gold income then. this is kind of evil and they would keep the #2 guild from gaining gold. next thing you know, you would ask g.m. to ban people from been able to camp mines.... i don't know why they do this they just must have extra time on their hand or just for kicks and just plain "eviil" like the above example of keeping #2 from getting #2 spot? and #2 can NEVER gain stronger than #1 because we all progress at the same rate or so, not like #1 guild is going to stop growing and wait for you...

see what I'm doing here?
                                Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

Working...
                                X