This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
    It's unethical but it's allowed. I asked in one of the official channels. Interestingly enough, Aryatrueheart hasn't stated if she abuses the guildmember cooldown exploit to guildhop. I'm sure it'll be a "no" but I wonder what a DB engineer would say if asked.
    Yes, we kick members to transfer guilds. There is nothing listed that kicking members froma guild so they can join another guild is an exploit. Sorry I had not mentioned that. I didn't think about saying that because no one asked, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeye1 View Post
      Yes, we kick members to transfer guilds. There is nothing listed that kicking members froma guild so they can join another guild is an exploit. Sorry I had not mentioned that. I didn't think about saying that because no one asked, haha.
      It is if said kicked member joins any guild in less than 24 hours.

Comment

Don't really matter if it is an exploit or not, but it doesnt change the fact that it is an abuse of power. They could simply allow the #1 guild create 3 guilds and let someone manage it and when fighting against the #2 guild, they could easily kick and join their other guild and prevent the #2 and or #3 guild off the list and allow the #1 guild to win with their 3 guilds.

Comment

It's obviously an exploit since it is obvious this was not intended and gives a big advantage.

Comment

I think an easy way to solve this would be, you can't join a Guild battle within 48 hours of joining a new guild right? Or that time could be extended slightly to further prevent abuse. It wouldn't be unfair because it would apply to everyone right?

Comment

Originally posted by R24675921 View Post
              Don't really matter if it is an exploit or not, but it doesnt change the fact that it is an abuse of power. They could simply allow the #1 guild create 3 guilds and let someone manage it and when fighting against the #2 guild, they could easily kick and join their other guild and prevent the #2 and or #3 guild off the list and allow the #1 guild to win with their 3 guilds.
              Unfortunately, though I see the plight at hand, the guildmember cooldown exploit is considered an exploit and the information should be disseminated as such. Therefore R2, at will, can issue any sort of detriment against any account that uses it. Will this happen? Unsure.

You're concentrating on the ethics. I agree as this type of gameplay smacks of inherent same-sided collusion.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                Unfortunately, though I see the plight at hand, the guildmember cooldown exploit is considered an exploit and the information should be disseminated as such. Therefore R2, at will, can issue any sort of detriment against any account that uses it. Will this happen? Unsure.

You're concentrating on the ethics. I agree as this type of gameplay smacks of inherent same-sided collusion.
                While I understand your argument. There is no where that it is posted that this is an exploit of the game that is against any form of rules. If it is, post a link to the place where the rule is stated.

Furthermore, if they did not want someone to be able to join a new guild and participate in a guild war as such, it wouldn't be allowed, for the same reason that a player can't join two guild battles in the same day.

So there are no rules against it, and the game design allows it... Doesn't sound like an exploit.

Also, it has been two days since I opened a ticket with R2 asking for their response on this issue, and they have not replied (just as a side note).

Comment

Originally posted by AryaTrueheart View Post
                  While I understand your argument. There is no where that it is posted that this is an exploit of the game that is against any form of rules. If it is, post a link to the place where the rule is stated.

Furthermore, if they did not want someone to be able to join a new guild and participate in a guild war as such, it wouldn't be allowed, for the same reason that a player can't join two guild battles in the same day.

So there are no rules against it, and the game design allows it... Doesn't sound like an exploit.

Also, it has been two days since I opened a ticket with R2 asking for their response on this issue, and they have not replied (just as a side note).

even that said, you realise what you are doing is un-ethical, and unfair to others? and you don't care about that? shows how selfish you are, in making the game not fun for anyone else, what wil you do when everyone stops fighting you? what happend when you have no more enemys? then your own guild members start too drive out slowly too, people enjoy guild battles, take that away, and a small player-base leaves too.
                  Character name: Silence

Class: mage.

Server: 490.

Level 44.

Comment

I'm sorry I can't agree with that...

Comment

Originally posted by Galvon View Post
                      even that said, you realise what you are doing is un-ethical, and unfair to others? and you don't care about that? shows how selfish you are, in making the game not fun for anyone else, what wil you do when everyone stops fighting you? what happend when you have no more enemys? then your own guild members start too drive out slowly too, people enjoy guild battles, take that away, and a small player-base leaves too.
                      So beating Deathblock and making them go 3-1 is unethical, when they were going to go 3-1 in the end anyway against us? Their number of wins didn't change.

It was unethical to make the guild battle a closer fight rather than a slaughter? The fight with the merge was closer than any fight previously because we had less than half the members of before. No other fight has gone to time with Serenity. No fight has even come close to reaching 40 minutes.

If your argument is that we are removing the fun of a close guild battle, then you are off a bit, since this was the only close guild battle that the server has had with Serenity.

If you are saying it is unethical, rather, to move guilds for the purpose of our own guild winning our own war... then no, I have no sense of ethics. Because I firmly believe fighting for our own guild (which a sister-guild is), is 100% ethical.
                      Last edited by AryaTrueheart; 12-21-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

So beating Deathblock and making them go 3-1 is unethical, when they were going to go 3-1 in the end anyway against us? Their number of wins didn't change.

It was unethical to make the guild battle a closer fight rather than a slaughter? The fight with the merge was closer than any fight previously because we had less than half the members of before. No other fight has gone to time with Serenity. No fight has even come close to reaching 40 minutes.

If your argument is that we are removing the fun of a close guild battle, then you are off a bit, since this was the only close guild battle that the server has had with Serenity.

If you are saying it is unethical, rather, to move guilds for the purpose of our own guild winning our own war... then no, I have no sense of ethics. Because I firmly believe fighting for our own guild (which a sister-guild is), is 100% ethical.
                        it's fine, you can justify it all you want but in the end, don't blame others, when guild battles die out because of your own strategys, and your forced to be merged with a stronger server, that wil possibly bully you down like you've done in this guild battle.
                        Character name: Silence

Class: mage.

Server: 490.

Level 44.

Comment

R2 games has acknwledged this as a exploit as it is using a function in the game in a unintended way a the top Guild in my servr did this same thing a few weeks ago and were told in no uncertain terms that if it happened again that they would be dissolved so its obviously not something they want happening.
                          Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                          It's not against the rules or cheating to switch guilds to participate in guild battles. If you wish to suggest that a cooldown timer for being kicked from a guild be instated, please post that in the suggestions & feedback section.

The mount in question is a 7 day mount that goes the guild leader of the winning guild. They don't need to be the guild leader or still be in the guild- it's theirs for 7 days.

Since there are no actual bugs posted in this thread, I have moved it to Game Discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by sarconwindsong2002 View Post
                            R2 games has acknwledged this as a exploit as it is using a function in the game in a unintended way a the top Guild in my servr did this same thing a few weeks ago and were told in no uncertain terms that if it happened again that they would be dissolved so its obviously not something they want happening.
                            exactly, but it wouldn't matter if Jesus himself came down from the mount and laid it out in no uncertain terms they would say it isn't against the rules because they haven't fixed it.. YET. They are working on it is what we were told. And Arya... bring it. Make sure you don't run in BG we'll keep you and your bully *** tangled up so other players can gather shards.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

actually your info is incorrect, deathblock normally finish in the top 4.... only twice have they ended up out of the top 5, the time that they faced serenity in the second round, and this time when you left your guild to go with hogwarts.....

that is why deathblock would have been fine with hogwarts joining with serenity as it would have NOT changed the finishing postions.... but what you did, put deathblock out of the top 5.....

only twice has serenity done this, the first time they lost to deathblock.... so your speech about looking after hogwarts, rings false, as if you really gave a rats butt about hogwarts, you would have it a lot more and with hogwarts facing other guilds.....

no matter, what way you try and justify it, nobody is fooled... there is no valid reason why you had to leave the number one ranked guild to join a guild that was ranked out of the top 10 at one stage, to help them, when it would have been of a bigger advantage to pull hogwarts into your guild for the final fight......

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Nom View Post
                                actually your info is incorrect, deathblock normally finish in the top 4.... only twice have they ended up out of the top 5, the time that they faced serenity in the second round, and this time when you left your guild to go with hogwarts.....

that is why deathblock would have been fine with hogwarts joining with serenity as it would have NOT changed the finishing postions.... but what you did, put deathblock out of the top 5.....

only twice has serenity done this, the first time they lost to deathblock.... so your speech about looking after hogwarts, rings false, as if you really gave a rats butt about hogwarts, you would have it a lot more and with hogwarts facing other guilds.....

no matter, what way you try and justify it, nobody is fooled... there is no valid reason why you had to leave the number one ranked guild to join a guild that was ranked out of the top 10 at one stage, to help them, when it would have been of a bigger advantage to pull hogwarts into your guild for the final fight......
                                Hogwarts hasn't lost to any other guild other than Legaia and Deathblock since REL disbanded (though with them reforming I don't know who will win at this point). Also Hogwarts has never been out of the top 5.

I plan on helping them against Legaia, and seeing how they do against REL for a week. Again, I consider Hogwarts a part of Serenity having founded the guild with that intention.

Comment

Working...
                                X