Cheat Report Section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheat Report Section

Well cheating here is becoming more and more blatant daily, I would like to suggest a cheat report section on forums that anyone can post, but only mods/admins can view these posts. Of course in this section you would need to follow a guild line such as

Server - your server
    Character in question - name of char you think is cheating
    Evidence - ss or videos showing them cheating

Let me know what you all think, thanks

Best place for such things is in a ticket at http://tickets.r2games.com with everything you've listed above.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Rather than cluttering up CS with tickets dont you think a medium here like the forums would be a good solution?

For example, many of my guildies have submitted tickets on a particular cheater, yet he/she is still running around increasing his br/matk/mdef/pdef from the bug still ingame. So tickets have not worked, they have many other issues to tend to 1st. Wouldn't setting 1 or 2 g.m's to investigate a cheat report section be more efficient?

Posts without proof could simply be ignored as they are not CS tickets, posts WITH proof could be investigated and cheaters eliminated much more swiftly.

Maybe im crazy but in the last game i played when a report cheater section came around, you could tell a difference

Comment

couple of issues with the suggestion and its based around personal experience......

I was a admin in another game, so yes I have been behind the scenes, I know how it works....and I know just how much of a headache, admin have to deal with... and yes we had a forum where reports / issues from the main forum, were moved.... it hit 170 pages in the first 3 days, and thats with 50 posts per page.. it took 4 weeks to get through all the reports and missing info and details, cos each one was read, checked and sorted....

and of those 8000+ reports, 53 of them contained actual info that was usable, 300+ all reported the same player that had already been cleared by the admin ( the guy was a high level casher ) over 600+ of them were accusations without any real proof other than screenshots that showed no cheating or issues or were copies of conversations outside of the game, which were useless as we needed to be able to prove the issues IN the game... and well over half of them were complains about the game, other players, issues that had been dealt with already ( forum advertisers etc ) etc

so if you have proof of cheating that is actual proof of cheating, not something you decided, was cheating, file a support ticket.....
        Last edited by Ratty_Da_Nom; 12-22-2012, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Nom View Post
          couple of issues with the suggestion and its based around personal experience......

I was a admin in another game, so yes I have been behind the scenes, I know how it works....and I know just how much of a headache, admin have to deal with... and yes we had a forum where reports / issues from the main forum, were moved.... it hit 170 pages in the first 3 days, and thats with 50 posts per page.. it took 4 weeks to get through all the reports and missing info and details, cos each one was read, checked and sorted....

and of those 8000+ reports, 53 of them contained actual info that was usable, 300+ all reported the same player that had already been cleared by the admin ( the guy was a high level casher ) over 600+ of them were accusations without any real proof other than screenshots that showed no cheating or issues or were copies of conversations outside of the game, which were useless as we needed to be able to prove the issues IN the game... and well over half of them were complains about the game, other players, issues that had been dealt with already ( forum advertisers etc ) etc

so if you have proof of cheating that is actual proof of cheating, not something you decided, was cheating, file a support ticket.....
          Wow just hearing how much of those annoying posts the admins and mods looked at i kinda feel soo sorry for them

even if they are getting paid for it its still a stressful job

as for my own view

i really don't see a reason for making a system which the ticket system already covers up so -1
          Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
          [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Even if its still a task that takes a long time on the forums, you don't think it takes twice as much time to respond to a ticket? An anonymous report section that DOES NOT require a response will take less than 1/2 the time of going through actual tickets, which require attention, every single one with a response.

Situation A -
            Ticket comes in, they must review it completely and provide a response. This goes for EVERY SINGLE ticket filed, whether it be valid or not. Time is spent on a response.

Situation B -
            They view a forum post, either requirements are met for investigation or the report is disregarded, no response needed.

Everyone saying against it apparently doesn't realize, its taking up a ticket queue and requiring a response, which slows down cs. CS HAS TO RESPOND TO EVERY TICKET. Now we can simplify the issue by making an anonymous report section which requires no reply.

As someone who was an ingame enforcer in another game, I tried the "pm" me route... I was flooded. So much I couldn't keep up with it. Thats the situation of CS regarding cheaters at the moment. I eventually got the admins to open a cheat report section which I could view and moderate, let me tell you, it was like night and day. Not only could I simply browse a single forum, I didnt have to take the time to respond to every single message.

Saying just file a ticket is a response that will keep the hackers free without harm and investigation, cs just doesnt have the time to get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Nom View Post
              as an admin of another game you should know that all those posts would have been sent to CS without a forum section, requiring the same amount of time plus the time of a response. So literally your logic is flawed...lets flood cs with tickets they have to respond to instead of making an anonymous forum section that requires no response. Either way the headache is there, one just requires you to reply...common sense applied here

Comment

Here's the thing... Only staff can look into account issues. Even if there was a special reporting section, it would be staff- not forum mods, we don't have access to ingame stuff because we are not staff- who would have to sift through every report, in addition to the mountain of tickets they already have to deal with. It wouldn't be one or two people only working on just forum reports- the task would be mounted on top of their current workload.

In terms of efficiency, it doesn't make sense to split up where things are reported. Not to mention, no response at all will just have everyone screaming about it being useless to post in the section simply because a player they feel should be banned is still playing. This will lead to more tickets being sent asking if the forum report was looked into..
                New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

And honestly they auto respond to every ticket with a generic responce and they only deal with tickets as they find time to do so. Excepting mods and such to point them in the direction of important issues as they come across them. I posted tickets over a month ago for week 1 events and if not for a mod Id still be sitting and wondering if Id ever get them. Now I believe maybe I have shot at it at the least.
                  IGN: Suffer

Guild: Rebelz

Class: Warlock lvl 58

Server: S5

Comment

I have a couple of characters on two different servers. The last few days I've noticed that after I've used 2 city protection tokens for 16 hours of protection before I go to bed. In the morning I've been noticing that I have been plundered in the morning long before protection wears off. I don't have a screen shot of the first one I noticed but I have taken screen shots of all the rest since. I don't know how they can
                    attack while disregarding city protection and I don't wanna know. I have been playing this game long enough to know when somethin is wrong.

Server: 171 Jadespawn Bog Server: 74 Darton Fortress
                    My Character: Legolas420 My Character: BobJob
                    In Question: Merpati, and Lowella21 In Question: heathen29, Mikuru, and Obligation

Obligation is the first one I noticed and as I said I did not think to save a screen shot as I did with the rest. I DON'T believe in cheating, and I know it will get players banned. I use city protection tokens so I
                    can't be plundered, so I am irritated at the fact that I am being plundered anyway.

I have also noticed the city protection you get from being plundered does not show up with all your buffs on the main screen, the only way to tell that is to go to the wilds. You will notice from the screen shots
                    I have inserted that I still have about an hour of city protection token left. I would appreciate if these players could be investigated for cheating so there can be an end to this particular cheat.

Ok I was wrong I cannot attach the screenshots, the computer won't let me do it for some reason. I do have the screenshots that I can attach in an E-Mail if it is required for action to be
                    taken. Thank you for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                    X