No announcement yet.

Rebalance The GAME!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's something else that GM's could do, which would be great: communicate more with the community, tell us the infos you get from the devs, and the things you talk to them about... a GM was doing that in a game I played and everyone loved her, because we felt we could actually change something... almost like we could ask things to devs ourselves. Even if our suggestions are refused, that's fine, at least we know what's going on.. but no, we dont know a thing.

Comment

Im agree w/ the post of Dustinrwager. a really concerned player of this game. nice voicing out antihero ^^. Aslieh of s29 mem. of Asylums guild.

Comment

Maybe you should add another BG time as well, this is because some people might not be able to make it to the BG at the current times set. So maybe there should be two time slots like GA, and then a limited amount of attempts for each player.

Comment

I support Pwanaage proposal, some ppls maybe can't join 1 BG can join in other time, just like cross arena

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnaage View Post
            Maybe you should add another BG time as well, this is because some people might not be able to make it to the BG at the current times set. So maybe there should be two time slots like GA, and then a limited amount of attempts for each player.
            another BG time will not happen which has been told by many others cause when r2 makes the timing they have to follow their contract with 7 roads and if they try pushing it then it will be like group arena the reward will be split in 2 and people will be doing work 2 times more to get a reward they used to get
            Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
            [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

all excellent points that i couldn't agree with more. i'd just like to add something that your post implies but doesn't talk about directly: the game encourages strong players to prey on the weak. sure, survival of the fittest is great but bg is a great example as to how that can frustrate players to the point of quitting. in addition to or as an alternative to rebalancing the game in the various arenas, perhaps you could make it less attractive for a lvl50 to continually harass the lvl41 by only giving the 50 a smaller percentage of honor than would be gained by winning against another lvl50 or higher. also, give the lower level player an incentive as well, perhaps a bonus for surviving so many rounds against a much higher player instead of just taking points for losing a battle they didn't want to fight and had no chance of winning. same thing with the quest that requires you to attack another player. instead of a flat 10%, give a higher percentage the closer they are in level to the person attacking. from a programming standpoint, this might be an easier solution than rebalancing the whole game, which might only need an additional column or two added to a few database tables to take into account the levels (and/or br) of the players and adjusting the payouts at the end of the battle accordingly.

i have no problem with there being items that can be purchased to make a character stronger, but wouldn't it be a more exciting game if it encouraged the "titans" to fight each other rather than eat the "little people" all the time?
              Last edited by R26326601; 12-29-2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                Ok first let me tell u a few flaws in ur idea

BG reward is not low infact its good cause the insignia and honor rate in GB was not made for the lowbies with low honor but for crusaders and above to get some honor since crusaders and above have over 25k honor points to increase their honor and also they will lose their honor if they get beaten in BG so u see the GB was meant more for them and less for the lowbies but yes it is there for the lowbies too

as for GA u get alot of insignia from it but which is reasonable
                why?

for those who cannot attend the BG and GB this is the only way they will get insignia true at some point of time they will have to do GB or BG to get honor but for the new comers its basically not needed

if u add the insignia reward of attending GB,BG,GA then u will have alot of insignia which is needed in the higher lvls

example 10k insignia just to get a mount and the crusader and knight crusader medallion which only lasts 7 days and costs way more than what it should be is quite a bargain

thats what GB and GA an increase in BG reward is not needed but wanted i don't see many complaints asking for it either since many players have adjusted to the game already
                so personally i don't see a reason in r2 increasing the reward in BG but it is wanted so i suppose its good

World boss split well that already exists but its not lvl based but player amount based like 1 room will only take a small number of players

also in world boss if other players are getting 5% then u should be able to do so too if u can't then it means ur a lowbie then u should level up if its ur guildies then tell them to level up too

well thats 1 way of looking at the problem but the most simplest explanation was already given by SirCyrus the fact is 7 roads don't want it to happen and r2 will not make it happen

but personally i don't see why lowbies even think of joining the higher lvl server

since we don't have a trade system it really makes no sense in a lowbie joining a old server rather than a new server but thats what i think

as for idea 2 i agree 100% +1

also

cross server MPD !!!!..... lol thats weird

well i am in the first EST server ever made and i don't have a problem finding my MPD team

God is easiest to since its soo easy to find players but my fac is Badlands nightmare cause i just love the kawaii second boss the one with the spike ball hehehe he is just plain cool since his armor is just too awesome to miss out hehehe

i personally don't find a reason for a cross server MPD and even if i did i can see it will probably not happen cause if u look at it ur asking r2 to make a MPD which is usually run with and by ur guild mates and make it into a cross server event well thats just plain weird seriously i find it really weird if the MPD was a event then sure maybe well even then "MAYBE" but a multi player dungeon well no not gonna happen no no no

BG cross server well i can find some flaws such as less player for each server

think about it lets say we have 1 server on each side all are 15 players on each team which is 30

right now we have 30 players of same server participating and thats balancing things out but if u make it cross server then r2 will need to add more BG rooms cause the player count is more than before but still its a good idea it just needs some heavy tweaking which can probably be done after new year or something

quick join feature in GA "AGREEE" the quick join must be tweaked +1 to this

as for the cash shop thing well kinda messed cause lack of detail but yea i suppose it could work

i personally wanna see the VIP via balens system and the price of balens in cash shop reduced cause the shop in chinese version and the shop here have some major difference yes i did look into the money converter
                i can honestly say that all your counter-points were 100% hypothetical assumptions...and carried no weight as a valueable response...did you even read what i posted?
                just cause the top archers on my server are getting close to 5%, and im having a difficulty getting my 1% now doesnt mean im a lowbie..
                my server was just merged with server 32, so its a lot more active now.
                THAT is why its difficult for me to get 1%, where i was getting 2%-2.5% on my server before the merge.
                And WB should be split by level, solely because of the rewards that the people in the top 3 get from the WB.
                if its the same person always winning WB, Katniss on s13, and Lanatas or SirJopet on s29, then they will surely have the most powerful troops, because the reward for being in the top 3 of the WB is quite large. and thats 3x in a day.
                it leaves no room for the lower levels to get their troops up.
                If the WB was split by the same level ranges as the BG, then at least others will be able to gain decent amounts of daru and get their troops up.

and seriously your replying to his great suggestion about cross server MPD, with nonsense. pure nonsense, **** about how you feel it will be weird...
                were here to discuss cold hard facts about the direction of this game, we dont need you spewing your personal opinions that are supported by 0 fact.

and then you try to say that the BG isnt made for lowbies, HELLO DID YOU MISS THE POINT ENTIRELY!?
                the thread is called "REBALANCE THE GAME" a balanced game would suggest lowbies have an equal chance. so there is no reason for an event to be aimed towards higher lvls, "crusaders" and higher as you said.

and what does a trade system have to do with a lowbie joining a new server?
                when i was a lowbie on a new server (3 different new servers) there was no trading system....so why is that a requirement for a lowbie to join an older server?

AND you obviously misunderstood the cross server BG thing, that doesnt mean it would be 1 server vs another server in BG.
                that just means it would allow people from all the servers, join into a BG together. The players level would decide what BG they went into, Not the server they are from...
                and BG rewards as they are now, was the only good way to get insig before they added all this stuff...
                i was a lowbie back then, and now the BG is unchanged still, but according to you its not meant for lowbies? Even though that USED to be the ONLY way for anyone to get honor and insig?

seriously how can you even say that **** that its not for lowbies? lol, if it wasnt for lowbies, they wouldnt have the BG splits lvl30-39, and lvl40+

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact is, people like to try and become powerful, if they split the game up more so that rather than a complete competition for the entire server, it was a competition for level gaps on each server. THen in turn they would create more layers of competition, enticing everyone to spend a little more, or play a little more.
                On an established server, you wont want to dump all your money into the game if the top players are all 20 levels higher than you.
                However if it was split up with level groupings what you would have is...
                A top player in the lvl30-39 range
                a top player in the lvl40-49 range
                top player in the 50-59 range
                and a top player 60+

that now makes 4 layers of competition rather than just 1.
                if you were lvl30 and there were people lvl60, if you thought you could be the most powerful for your level range, that would motivate you to spend some $$, because power and rankings motivate avid gamers. maybe you arent the strongest on the server, but you can be the strongest of your level range, and once you are into the next level range, you will be able to see where you stand against the current top of that level range, and the others that are in that level range.
                In this sort of format you can have a lvl35 who doesnt buy balens who gets really close to being the top of the 30-39 range, without buying balens. That person, because of how close they are, might decide to buy balens at that point.

but a lvl35 who just looks at the giant mountain to climb, that is the level gab between him and the people ahead of him, will just lose interest and move to a enw server or a new game.
                but by having level ranges, it adds tiers to the mountain...
                like turning the mountain into a staircase.
                Last edited by Dustinrwager; 12-30-2012, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Warcurse View Post
                  There's something else that GM's could do, which would be great: communicate more with the community, tell us the infos you get from the devs, and the things you talk to them about... a GM was doing that in a game I played and everyone loved her, because we felt we could actually change something... almost like we could ask things to devs ourselves. Even if our suggestions are refused, that's fine, at least we know what's going on.. but no, we dont know a thing.
                  i whole-heartedly agree with this post...
                  it is honestly pretty stupid that R2 doesnt have any set moderators for their servers...
                  my server has went without a moderator for months...
                  R2 just gets R2Dinah and R2Storm, who arent even real representatives of R2 Games, they are just 2 players who were given titles, and a role to do the daily quiz on new servers. From what i hear they were given free stuff, like VIP or whatever...
                  What kind of **** is that?
                  so not only do you have over 90 servers that arent moderated AT ALL,
                  you lie to new players and make them think that there actually are G.M's or moderators who are here to help.
                  But when you ask R2Dinah or R2Storm a serious question, they either ignore you, or they dont know the answer.
                  they know nothing, BECAUSE THEY DONT MEAN JACK ***** TO THE COMPANY, AND DONT REPRESENT DIDDLY SQUAT.

a game this large needs moderators, simple as that.
                  not 2 players who are given gifts to dress up and act like moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                    another BG time will not happen which has been told by many others cause when r2 makes the timing they have to follow their contract with 7 roads and if they try pushing it then it will be like group arena the reward will be split in 2 and people will be doing work 2 times more to get a reward they used to get
                    why would they have to work 2x harder to get the same rewards?
                    im sure they will be getting double rewards if there are double the BG's
                    and they arent working any harder...they are working just as hard, just at a different time.

but yes all the weight of this game is on the shoulders of 7 Road.
                    we should move our complaints to the forum of 7 Road.

Comment

i agree with the bg being split into level 40-49 etc i started playing a while ago and i choose a europe server which turns out was one of the oldest s5 i enjoyed playing the game so got myself wings and played non stop to level up got to lvl30-39 bg thought it was pretty cool so leveled to 40 then joined and first bg i was just farmed by lvl65+ and this happends every bg they kill all gaurdians and sit outside the base so u cant even leave to get shards because they attack u straight away and most of the time anyone crusader or higher dont attack each other incase they lose honor so they just kill lowbies im level 45 now but still die in a few hits i am losing interest fast as no sign of a level cap being implemented so even if i do level up they high players are just gonna do the same and still be 20 levels higher than me i could start on a new server but then i lose my wings and other stuff i have got i enjoy playing the game and would like to keep playing and i think this will be one of the easiest ways to make the game more enjoyable. people are saying you should start on a new server for new players but im sure most new players wont know a thing about the game and most of the problems like this you dont notice till lvl40 and by that time u dont really wanna waste the time u have put in and go and start all over again such a simple fix will keep alot of players enjoying the game and putting money in

Comment

Well it's no surprise that R2 have screwed up this game, many players are disgruntled, etc. I do hope they relook over everything they have done, and ask themselves "Why did we do this?" I give this game till mid 2013 b4 it goes bottoms up, and there being only minimal players on it(means you'll be losing money by then R2). So please read, reread suggestions at top, please for once in your miserable wannabe gaming lives read these forums!

Comment

Originally posted by Ketis View Post
                          Well it's no surprise that R2 have screwed up this game, many players are disgruntled, etc. I do hope they relook over everything they have done, and ask themselves "Why did we do this?" I give this game till mid 2013 b4 it goes bottoms up, and there being only minimal players on it(means you'll be losing money by then R2). So please read, reread suggestions at top, please for once in your miserable wannabe gaming lives read these forums!
                          You do realize that R2 cannot rewrite the game as it does not belong to them, right? That the game is provided by license and partnership to be hosted on other platforms, and that 7Road has to approve such changes that would change the game for all platforms involved?

Just getting a bit tired of the blame going to R2- they didn't write the game, they can't change most of it. You can go to the original version of the game's forum and express your disgruntled point of view there if you wish. It would be more effective.
                          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                            You do realize that R2 cannot rewrite the game as it does not belong to them, right? That the game is provided by license and partnership to be hosted on other platforms, and that 7Road has to approve such changes that would change the game for all platforms involved?

Just getting a bit tired of the blame going to R2- they didn't write the game, they can't change most of it. You can go to the original version of the game's forum and express your disgruntled point of view there if you wish. It would be more effective.
                            Ok.

What are the things that R2Games are allowed to change then?

And what is the purpose of the "suggestion and feedback" subforums?
                            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                            [No longer logging in]

Comment

agreed

i agree very much ....

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                                Ok.

What are the things that R2Games are allowed to change then?

And what is the purpose of the "suggestion and feedback" subforums?
                                You can give feedback on anything. Feedback is compiled and sent forward to the devs to sort out. Some of the feedback on the game mechanics does help evolve the game, so don't be afraid to post.

Suggestions are more for events and things you'd like to see in the game. There's been lots of little changes to the game based on suggestions, but nothing that changes the game itself.

The point is, feedback is good, even the negative feedback. Suggestions are good too. You never know when a suggestion or feedback will be accepted by the devs and agreed on by all parties. However, pointing the finger at R2 for things they are not the sole developer on or for things they just cannot change unless the original version decides to change it too, only serves to stall threads rather than help the thread evolve into something that can be passed up the chain.
                                New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
                                X