Rebalance The GAME!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebalance The GAME!

This is my very first post on the forums, but the constant overlooking of some very important issues with the game have begun to desgust me. And so i am bringing this, hopefully, to some peoples attention that can do something about it.

So recently wartune released the very much looked forward to patch, which included mounts, wings, gem conversion, lvl55 sets.
    all these awesome additions to increase everyones power. Making all the strong people, STRONGER.
    Being the dedicated player i am, i was very VERY enthusiastic about this release. And it has been quite enjoyable. Especially the guild battles.
    However, i am also a leader of TheAsylum on s29, and i have to voice some complaints which are pretty fricken obvious..

To be honest, i think its unacceptable for these points to have been over looked, like they were. And FOR SOO LONG.

First of all,

The Battleground (a couple of points here)
    1. The rewards for BG are stupidly low and almost no point of doing them anymore cause of how high the rewards are for GB and GA now. And so low for BG. The insig reward should be adjusted.
    the only thing worth while about BG is the Honor gains. Which brings us to the issue in topic 2.

2. The BG has 2 seperate area's...1 for lvl30-39, and a 2nd for lvl40+
    Well on my server we have people approaching lvl65 and they are still in BG's against lvl40 players. How is this fair for those lower levels?
    THey will never be able to gain honor, they will simply get farmed and lose interest. AND QUIT THE GAME.
    It seems obvious to me that since you released a new armor set, ultimately creating a large gap between the strength of a lvl45 and the strength of a lvl55. You Should have split the BG a 2nd time, for lvl 30-39, 40-49, 50+
    evening the field and actually making it fair for the lower level people.
    When you eventually release a 65 set, the BG should be split a 3rd time, lvl30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+

The World Boss (1 major point)
    The World boss event should be split into 2 or 3 of the same bosses for different level ranges. much like the BG
    When you join a server close to the launch date, this isnt an issue cause everyone is close the the same strength, and everyone has a chance to get decent rewards from the WB.
    However now, again, my server has people almost lvl65, the WB lasts about 15-20mins now instead of an hour. And the top hitters are getting %5 or more DMG on the WB.
    All the low level people have NO CHANCE to get anywhere near %1 for the warrior rewards. And they dont have enough time to get any decent gains.
    Ultimately making it impossible for new players. Cause they will have a huge disadvantage with their low level troops.

You added voucher/balen boost to the WB, and gave the world boss the super move to limit the dmg of the higher levels...and increase the rewards of those willing to spend balens or vouchers. But This was not nearly enough.

The fact of all of this is that, you, the creators of this game, rely of new players to bring money into the game so you, the creators of this game, can drink your espresso and live stress free.
    Making the game so completely unbalanced, so that it makes low level players not want to continue playing, ultimately means you arent making your money.

And your genious idea to keep creating new servers to counter this, isnt going to keep working either. Ive played other games that did the same thing, like Infinite Realms. Look up the history of what happened to that game. Its gone.
    You dont have to keep making new servers in an attempt to make it fair for new players, cause we want new players to come to our server too...

Its really simple, and i think your development team is over complicating the whole process.
    Just balance the friggen game, using the suggestions ive made, and the others ive read on the forum.

Its all right here infront of you, the complaints, and the solutions.
    Now do something.
    Before this game fizzles out like the others

Antihero & Venchance
    Founders of TheAsylum
    Server 29

if none of these simple solutions have occured to anyone on your development team, i strongly urge you to message me so i can personally hold your hand through the process...maybe getting a new team would be a good idea.
    Cause i can assure you, im not the first, and certainly wont be the last, to realize these issues..

and you can believe me, it causes lots of players to quit the game.
    I know this, cause running a guild means that people send you their personal complaints when they quit.

Your company could potentially make a lot more money...if you were better organized.

from what ive been reading on the suggestions, many many things go ignored.
    i can see people literally claiming that R2 doesnt give a **** about the gaming experience.

And i think i agree with this...
    but even if its true, and noone at R2 or 7 roads care about the gaming experience.

i know that both of your companies care about 1 main thing
    MONEY

and get any financial advisory to look at your system how its setup, and anyone of them, even if they were fresh out of college, could tell you that you guys are doing it wrong.
    This game is making very minimal money, compared to the stress on the servers. I know it must cause stress on your servers to run so many seperate servers.

There is a high potential for monetary gain on this game, but the system needs to be reorganized...in such a way that inspires player loyalty.
    Player loyalty comes from people feeling like they have a chance to be powerful, or just from sheer enjoyment of the game.

new players will never feel that its possible to become powerful with how this system is.
    and many maNY People are and will continue to lose interest, because the game is not enjoyable to them, because they get bullied in events.

again, ask your financial advisers, about the most important thing in any business...its repeat customers...
    this system does not allow much room for repeat customers...other than the top players....which is 100 people on the rankings, but way less than 100 of them are actually buying balens. maybe the top 30 of those top 100 are actually buying balens...
    many of the remaining 70 (according to my ranking list) have already quit, or are just playing for free. Which wouldnt be as easy for them if they werent members of my dominating guild.
    so you get thousands of people joining a server in its first week, but only 30-50 of them stick around and become repeat customers?
    these statistics are horrible.
    HORRIBLE.

balancing the game will increase that by 100% at least, or more. It has potential for each server to have infinite gains, because balancing a server for new players actually makes it inviting for new players.
    Which means at any point in time, you could gain another loyal customer to a server.

its not quantum physics.
    Last edited by TheAngelito; 12-27-2012, 05:10 AM. Reason: Edit function is always available. Posts merged.

yeah thats correct nc anti u have so many points there wish it will be added to the patches

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinrwager View Post
      This is my very first post on the forums, but the constant overlooking of some very important issues with the game have begun to desgust me. And so i am bringing this, hopefully, to some peoples attention that can do something about it.

So recently wartune released the very much looked forward to patch, which included mounts, wings, gem conversion, lvl55 sets.
      all these awesome additions to increase everyones power. Making all the strong people, STRONGER.
      Being the dedicated player i am, i was very VERY enthusiastic about this release. And it has been quite enjoyable. Especially the guild battles.
      However, i am also a leader of TheAsylum on s29, and i have to voice some complaints which are pretty fricken obvious..

To be honest, i think its unacceptable for these points to have been over looked, like they were. And FOR SOO LONG.

First of all,

1. The rewards for BG are stupidly low and almost no point of doing them anymore cause of how high the rewards are for GB and GA now. And so low for BG. The insig reward should be adjusted.
      the only thing worth while about BG is the Honor gains. Which brings us to the issue in topic 2.

Well on my server we have people approaching lvl65 and they are still in BG's against lvl40 players. How is this fair for those lower levels?
      THey will never be able to gain honor, they will simply get farmed and lose interest. AND QUIT THE GAME.
      It seems obvious to me that since you released a new armor set, ultimately creating a large gap between the strength of a lvl45 and the strength of a lvl55. You Should have split the BG a 2nd time, for lvl 30-39, 40-49, 50+
      When you eventually release a 65 set, the BG should be split a 3rd time, lvl30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+

The World boss event should be split into 2 or 3 of the same bosses for different level ranges. much like the BG
      When you join a server close to the launch date, this isnt an issue cause everyone is close the the same strength, and everyone has a chance to get decent rewards from the WB.
      However now, again, my server has people almost lvl65, the WB lasts about 15-20mins now instead of an hour. And the top hitters are getting %5 or more DMG on the WB.
      All the low level people have NO CHANCE to get anywhere near %1 for the warrior rewards. And they dont have enough time to get any decent gains.
      Ultimately making it impossible for new players. Cause they will have a huge disadvantage with their low level troops.

You added voucher/balen boost to the WB, and gave the world boss the super move to limit the dmg of the higher levels...and increase the rewards of those willing to spend balens or vouchers. But This was not nearly enough.

The fact of all of this is that, you, the creators of this game, rely of new players to bring money into the game so you, the creators of this game, can drink your espresso and live stress free.
      Making the game so completely unbalanced, so that it makes low level players not want to continue playing, ultimately means you arent making your money.

And your genious idea to keep creating new servers to counter this, isnt going to keep working either. Ive played other games that did the same thing, like Infinite Realms. Look up the history of what happened to that game. Its gone.
      You dont have to keep making new servers in an attempt to make it fair for new players, cause we want new players to come to our server too...

Its really simple, and i think your development team is over complicating the whole process.
      Just balance the friggen game, using the suggestions ive made, and the others ive read on the forum.

Now do something.

Antihero & Venchance
      Founders of TheAsylum
      Server 29
      I agree with this 100%.

Comment

Remove world boss buffs. It's a voucher and balen sink.

Maybe it's time you guys care slightly less about money and more about players.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Totally agree with all the above points. It's not rocket science what needs to be done and yet...it's not getting done at all. There are simple solutions that have been voiced that would make this game infinately better and inspire players to stick around and ultimately spend more money. I'm not going to get a soapbox here because there's no need but I will voice my opinion here.

Group Arena-Making GA a cross server event was certainly a step in the right direction however it does still require some tweaking. Mainly the random join feature. At this point it truly is random and that's a problem. When a lower lvl player get consistently put in groups much higher than them that's a problem. It hurts the higher lvl players and it hurts the lower lvl players. Simple solution here would be to just make lvl tiers for the random join feature. No fuss, no muss and you alleviate the problem. Overall though GA is the least of the problems.

Battlegrounds-There's so many posts on this subject I don't need to clarify this issue. Battlegrounds are seriously broken. Fix them. Level tiers and cross server bg's would do the trick.

MP Dungeons-As time goes on and new servers continue to be added the old ones slowly wither on the vine and die. Make MP dungeons cross server so it would be much easier for your playerbase to find groups for the dungeons they need to run no matter what level.

Guild Battles-The theory is sound but in practice GB's are turning out to be just a waste of time. Fix the exploits but without doubt the best thing you could do for GB's is to bring more people into your older servers. Active servers would alleviate alot of the problems with the Guild Battles.

Server Activity-Again, so many posts on this subject. Stop making new servers. The game does not need them and the company does not need them to make money. Daily new servers are a short sighted way to make money that will ultimately be the downfall of Wartune. Merge the servers you have, increase the activity of the remaining servers. Implement the changes that need to be made and give the playerbase at least a chance. When players think they have a chance, even if it does mean taking the hard road, players will stay...and even if they do not invest hundreds of dollars the first week, a long term player who becomes invested in his toon will pay money but Wartune does not give players a chance to become invested in their toons and it's a big mistake.

World Boss-^^^ Look at the above post. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Cash Shop-A definate point of contention here I know but honestly if Wartune would make the fixes and balance their games I really don't think they need all the pay to win options that they have now. With a more balanced game and a game that might actually have some longevity, players would be more than willing to spend on cosmetic items and items that simply made things a bit easier rather flat out purchasing a win. Let players pay to blitz, let players purchase different armor sets (purely cosmetic), purchase more bag space, implement a dye system that costs cash...there are tons of possibilities.

Wartune could be a great game....will it be though?

That's up to the powers that be.
          Last edited by R25959667; 12-26-2012, 05:56 PM.

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

Comment

The big issue about alot of this is the speed at which the team is able to translate and implement new code that they recieve from 7Road. Realitysquared Games (R2) is simply a host for wartune, they purchased the ability from 7Road to host wartune. R2 does not have the ability or the rights to make changes to the game without 7Road's consent without facing legal action.

R2 is waiting on the code to implement new brackets in BG in order to fix the issues that are going on now. WB will most likely not change as from what I gather 7Road has no interest in this happening. I'd like to see some of these changes myself, except the server merging lol, My server if merged with the wrong server would create a massive uproar as our server is one that doesnt spend as much as other servers and would cause alot of our players to quit. Wise and more carefull merges can be beneficial, that I do agree with lol.
            Chrono - Assistant Guild Master of Uncharted - [S10] Termini Cliff

Comment

Ok first let me tell u a few flaws in ur idea

BG reward is not low infact its good cause the insignia and honor rate in GB was not made for the lowbies with low honor but for crusaders and above to get some honor since crusaders and above have over 25k honor points to increase their honor and also they will lose their honor if they get beaten in BG so u see the GB was meant more for them and less for the lowbies but yes it is there for the lowbies too

as for GA u get alot of insignia from it but which is reasonable
              why?

for those who cannot attend the BG and GB this is the only way they will get insignia true at some point of time they will have to do GB or BG to get honor but for the new comers its basically not needed

if u add the insignia reward of attending GB,BG,GA then u will have alot of insignia which is needed in the higher lvls

example 10k insignia just to get a mount and the crusader and knight crusader medallion which only lasts 7 days and costs way more than what it should be is quite a bargain

thats what GB and GA an increase in BG reward is not needed but wanted i don't see many complaints asking for it either since many players have adjusted to the game already
              so personally i don't see a reason in r2 increasing the reward in BG but it is wanted so i suppose its good

World boss split well that already exists but its not lvl based but player amount based like 1 room will only take a small number of players

also in world boss if other players are getting 5% then u should be able to do so too if u can't then it means ur a lowbie then u should level up if its ur guildies then tell them to level up too

well thats 1 way of looking at the problem but the most simplest explanation was already given by SirCyrus the fact is 7 roads don't want it to happen and r2 will not make it happen

but personally i don't see why lowbies even think of joining the higher lvl server

since we don't have a trade system it really makes no sense in a lowbie joining a old server rather than a new server but thats what i think

as for idea 2 i agree 100% +1

also

Originally posted by R25959667 View Post
              Totally agree with all the above points. It's not rocket science what needs to be done and yet...it's not getting done at all. There are simple solutions that have been voiced that would make this game infinately better and inspire players to stick around and ultimately spend more money. I'm not going to get a soapbox here because there's no need but I will voice my opinion here.

Group Arena-Making GA a cross server event was certainly a step in the right direction however it does still require some tweaking. Mainly the random join feature. At this point it truly is random and that's a problem. When a lower lvl player get consistently put in groups much higher than them that's a problem. It hurts the higher lvl players and it hurts the lower lvl players. Simple solution here would be to just make lvl tiers for the random join feature. No fuss, no muss and you alleviate the problem. Overall though GA is the least of the problems.

Battlegrounds-There's so many posts on this subject I don't need to clarify this issue. Battlegrounds are seriously broken. Fix them. Level tiers and cross server bg's would do the trick.

MP Dungeons-As time goes on and new servers continue to be added the old ones slowly wither on the vine and die. Make MP dungeons cross server so it would be much easier for your playerbase to find groups for the dungeons they need to run no matter what level.

Guild Battles-The theory is sound but in practice GB's are turning out to be just a waste of time. Fix the exploits but without doubt the best thing you could do for GB's is to bring more people into your older servers. Active servers would alleviate alot of the problems with the Guild Battles.

Server Activity-Again, so many posts on this subject. Stop making new servers. The game does not need them and the company does not need them to make money. Daily new servers are a short sighted way to make money that will ultimately be the downfall of Wartune. Merge the servers you have, increase the activity of the remaining servers. Implement the changes that need to be made and give the playerbase at least a chance. When players think they have a chance, even if it does mean taking the hard road, players will stay...and even if they do not invest hundreds of dollars the first week, a long term player who becomes invested in his toon will pay money but Wartune does not give players a chance to become invested in their toons and it's a big mistake.

World Boss-^^^ Look at the above post. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Cash Shop-A definate point of contention here I know but honestly if Wartune would make the fixes and balance their games I really don't think they need all the pay to win options that they have now. With a more balanced game and a game that might actually have some longevity, players would be more than willing to spend on cosmetic items and items that simply made things a bit easier rather flat out purchasing a win. Let players pay to blitz, let players purchase different armor sets (purely cosmetic), purchase more bag space, implement a dye system that costs cash...there are tons of possibilities.

Wartune could be a great game....will it be though?

That's up to the powers that be.
              cross server MPD !!!!..... lol thats weird

well i am in the first EST server ever made and i don't have a problem finding my MPD team

God is easiest to since its soo easy to find players but my fac is Badlands nightmare cause i just love the kawaii second boss the one with the spike ball hehehe he is just plain cool since his armor is just too awesome to miss out hehehe

i personally don't find a reason for a cross server MPD and even if i did i can see it will probably not happen cause if u look at it ur asking r2 to make a MPD which is usually run with and by ur guild mates and make it into a cross server event well thats just plain weird seriously i find it really weird if the MPD was a event then sure maybe well even then "MAYBE" but a multi player dungeon well no not gonna happen no no no

BG cross server well i can find some flaws such as less player for each server

think about it lets say we have 1 server on each side all are 15 players on each team which is 30

right now we have 30 players of same server participating and thats balancing things out but if u make it cross server then r2 will need to add more BG rooms cause the player count is more than before but still its a good idea it just needs some heavy tweaking which can probably be done after new year or something

quick join feature in GA "AGREEE" the quick join must be tweaked +1 to this

as for the cash shop thing well kinda messed cause lack of detail but yea i suppose it could work

i personally wanna see the VIP via balens system and the price of balens in cash shop reduced cause the shop in chinese version and the shop here have some major difference yes i did look into the money converter
              Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
              [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                Ok first let me tell u a few flaws in ur idea

World boss split well that already exists but its not lvl based but player amount based like 1 room will only take a small number of players

also in world boss if other players are getting 5% then u should be able to do so too if u can't then it means ur a lowbie then u should level up if its ur guildies then tell them to level up too
                do u mean the wb split already exists in the chinese server? cause in my server i always see the same people dominating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinrwager View Post

First of all,

Now do something.

Antihero & Venchance
                  Founders of TheAsylum
                  Server 29

Total Agree ,would be a good game if they got there butts in ta gear and stopped talking about adding things and do something for a change!.

Comment

We'll r2 must fixed the lagged before juicing-out our hard earn money.
                    Guild [INFINITY]
                    Guild Position: MEMBER
                    Class:knight
                    Username:GreatPaul
                    Lvl:60
                    server: Duskin Arena

Comment

Originally posted by R23209055 View Post
                      do u mean the wb split already exists in the chinese server? cause in my server i always see the same people dominating it.
                      i said rooms are split but everyone shares the same WB u may not see the person on the ranking board in ur room cause he maybe in another room

there is only 1 WB at that point of time but the rooms are split thats to make sure the whole server doesn't end up making a lag
                      Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                        i said rooms are split but everyone shares the same WB u may not see the person on the ranking board in ur room cause he maybe in another room

there is only 1 WB at that point of time but the rooms are split thats to make sure the whole server doesn't end up making a lag
                        that explains y when it says im in the top ten, and then end up in 18th. Well anyway, this does not effect the health of the wb, damage done by both rooms still goes to the same wb.

Comment

Originally posted by R23209055 View Post
                          that explains y when it says im in the top ten, and then end up in 18th. Well anyway, this does not effect the health of the wb, damage done by both rooms still goes to the same wb.
                          ohh sorry the mistake ranking thing yea thats bug it happens alot in my server

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

There are upcoming divisions in BG but it's down the road a bit.

Comment

totally agree with stop making new servers and merge existing ones... I play in s57, a bit more thaN a MONTH old and it is already showing signs of being dead.... ppl stop playing.....
                              I also agree that if the game was more player oriented than quick money oriented, it would last long, cause it clearly hasd a lot of potential.... but lets face it, usually with these kind of browser ames, its a rip offf.... they appear for a couple of yrs, make as much money as they can and then shut down.... the developers then go on to selling new games...
                              hasnt anyone wondered why wow goes on for a decade? cause they always respected the players...

Comment

Working...
                              X