No announcement yet.

Rebalance The GAME!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure of the patch number (1.6 IIRC) but there are BG's separated by decile as well as multiple times per day (10 - but only the first 2 count).

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post

World boss split well that already exists but its not lvl based but player amount based like 1 room will only take a small number of players

also in world boss if other players are getting 5% then u should be able to do so too if u can't then it means ur a lowbie then u should level up if its ur guildies then tell them to level up too

well thats 1 way of looking at the problem but the most simplest explanation was already given by SirCyrus the fact is 7 roads don't want it to happen and r2 will not make it happen

but personally i don't see why lowbies even think of joining the higher lvl server

since we don't have a trade system it really makes no sense in a lowbie joining a old server rather than a new server but thats what i think

as for idea 2 i agree 100% +1

I have wandered around in this forum and have seen u answer and coment on many treads and as it seams in this part that i have cut out for u is telling us what u realy think about new players.

In other posts u have written about BG u say that the players should go to a server that fits there timezone.

Well i think it's imposible if u can't join a old server. As it is right now the game is lagging and is straining the original server, if u put more on it now the server will crach and the game is no more.

And if u have no new players then the game will die slow and painfully. Old players quit and your own intresst in playing the same players all the time will make the game boring.

Give the new players a chans and u will have a game where u meet new friends and an better oponent.

And that about gamers joining late is something that the owners of the game should be proud of, if we (low lvls) did not join then the game wouldent spread and be as populare as it is now.

Btw:
      To the original tread poster im on your side and have the same opinion as u have in this matter.

P.s. And yes i know that my spelling is bad. D.s.

Comment

Originally posted by R21022579 View Post
        I have wandered around in this forum and have seen u answer and coment on many treads and as it seams in this part that i have cut out for u is telling us what u realy think about new players.

In other posts u have written about BG u say that the players should go to a server that fits there timezone.

Well i think it's imposible if u can't join a old server. As it is right now the game is lagging and is straining the original server, if u put more on it now the server will crach and the game is no more.

And if u have no new players then the game will die slow and painfully. Old players quit and your own intresst in playing the same players all the time will make the game boring.

Give the new players a chans and u will have a game where u meet new friends and an better oponent.

And that about gamers joining late is something that the owners of the game should be proud of, if we (low lvls) did not join then the game wouldent spread and be as populare as it is now.

Btw:
        To the original tread poster im on your side and have the same opinion as u have in this matter.

P.s. And yes i know that my spelling is bad. D.s.
        Ok what i think of new players sure they should find server fitting their time zone but it doesn't mean they should join OLD SERVERS join new servers cause anyway there are 3 to 4 server with 4 time zones released weekly

also the old players don't quit like u think sure the server does tend to die out for a period of time yes my server went through that but after some time everything just balance itself out

i am in S2 best time zone for me and my day to day life

lag is common and its a must cause when u join a new servers its obvious u will enter a new environment sure u may or may not have done the same thing but u get new people new guilds new teams so on and so on so when things are new its not gonna be alright in 1 or 2 days u need to continue playing for weeks and once the new server gets to balance itself u will have less lag i went through the same thing too '

the players will come and go and old servers doesn't need new players thats fact it just needs some active players thats players who will be active and at the

weather its old or new players it doesn't matter but usually u recommend new players to join new servers cause it will be VERY hard to catch up to the old players who are way more stronger than they are thats why lowbies should NEVER join old servers

i don't think bad of them in fact i want whats best for them and i feel the best thing is for them to join new servers WHICH FITS THEIR TIME AND DAY TO DAY LIFE STYLE
        Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
        [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinrwager View Post
          i can honestly say that all your counter-points were 100% hypothetical assumptions...and carried no weight as a valueable response...did you even read what i posted?
          just cause the top archers on my server are getting close to 5%, and im having a difficulty getting my 1% now doesnt mean im a lowbie..
          my server was just merged with server 32, so its a lot more active now.
          THAT is why its difficult for me to get 1%, where i was getting 2%-2.5% on my server before the merge.
          And WB should be split by level, solely because of the rewards that the people in the top 3 get from the WB.
          if its the same person always winning WB, Katniss on s13, and Lanatas or SirJopet on s29, then they will surely have the most powerful troops, because the reward for being in the top 3 of the WB is quite large. and thats 3x in a day.
          it leaves no room for the lower levels to get their troops up.
          If the WB was split by the same level ranges as the BG, then at least others will be able to gain decent amounts of daru and get their troops up.

and seriously your replying to his great suggestion about cross server MPD, with nonsense. pure nonsense, **** about how you feel it will be weird...
          were here to discuss cold hard facts about the direction of this game, we dont need you spewing your personal opinions that are supported by 0 fact.

and then you try to say that the BG isnt made for lowbies, HELLO DID YOU MISS THE POINT ENTIRELY!?
          the thread is called "REBALANCE THE GAME" a balanced game would suggest lowbies have an equal chance. so there is no reason for an event to be aimed towards higher lvls, "crusaders" and higher as you said.

and what does a trade system have to do with a lowbie joining a new server?
          when i was a lowbie on a new server (3 different new servers) there was no trading system....so why is that a requirement for a lowbie to join an older server?

AND you obviously misunderstood the cross server BG thing, that doesnt mean it would be 1 server vs another server in BG.
          that just means it would allow people from all the servers, join into a BG together. The players level would decide what BG they went into, Not the server they are from...
          and BG rewards as they are now, was the only good way to get insig before they added all this stuff...
          i was a lowbie back then, and now the BG is unchanged still, but according to you its not meant for lowbies? Even though that USED to be the ONLY way for anyone to get honor and insig?

seriously how can you even say that **** that its not for lowbies? lol, if it wasnt for lowbies, they wouldnt have the BG splits lvl30-39, and lvl40+

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact is, people like to try and become powerful, if they split the game up more so that rather than a complete competition for the entire server, it was a competition for level gaps on each server. THen in turn they would create more layers of competition, enticing everyone to spend a little more, or play a little more.
          On an established server, you wont want to dump all your money into the game if the top players are all 20 levels higher than you.
          However if it was split up with level groupings what you would have is...
          A top player in the lvl30-39 range
          a top player in the lvl40-49 range
          top player in the 50-59 range
          and a top player 60+

that now makes 4 layers of competition rather than just 1.
          if you were lvl30 and there were people lvl60, if you thought you could be the most powerful for your level range, that would motivate you to spend some $$, because power and rankings motivate avid gamers. maybe you arent the strongest on the server, but you can be the strongest of your level range, and once you are into the next level range, you will be able to see where you stand against the current top of that level range, and the others that are in that level range.
          In this sort of format you can have a lvl35 who doesnt buy balens who gets really close to being the top of the 30-39 range, without buying balens. That person, because of how close they are, might decide to buy balens at that point.

but a lvl35 who just looks at the giant mountain to climb, that is the level gab between him and the people ahead of him, will just lose interest and move to a enw server or a new game.
          but by having level ranges, it adds tiers to the mountain...
          like turning the mountain into a staircase.
          If u have hard time getting a better score than what ur merged server gets then it means ur a lowbie

once merged both servers hold same percentage of rank so if say ur merged server has a better archer than urs then its obvious they are on a higher scale that means ur server is not in their lvl so to them ur all lowbies a lowbie and high rank player are based on point of view its got nothing to do with who is stronger

just because someone gets more gold or daru doesn't mean ur lowbies will not get what they should get sure the WB dies fast but thats a issue has a solution which i am supporting

also the warriors reward and the last hit reward is gold not daru so what they always get is what they will always get but gold is used for guild skills astrals and more so thats a + point

also cross server MPD have u ever seen that in any MMO RPG browser based strategy game?if u have then ok well i still find it weird cause thats what i feel

cause instead of asking ur guild to join u on ur MPD runs why make it cross server event? MPD is a dungeon its not a event so i pretty much doubt it will become a cross server it maybe a good idea to u but i feel its weird

before u say something is nonsense first try to understand how it would work

besides for something like this to happen 7 roads must implement it like memory said

lowbies joining old server without trade is not wise choice cause without trade system its hard for lowbies to power up fast thats my reason of saying why lowbies join older server

i said GB was not for lowbies i didn't say BG

BG is battle ground and GB is guild battle
          learn what i am saying

ur the one who misunderstood my point

cross server BG is is even more hard to make if all players from different servers could join in

now if it was like 2 different servers to pile in players on 1 team and fight each other then it should be easy to make but all servers pile players based on time zone and lvl of server well it will cause alot of problems starting with need for more room for BG since 15 players on each team and 30 players in each room but making it server wide and level baased wow that will be hard to make since it needs to be permitted by 7 roads again
          Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
          [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Fact is, people like to try and become powerful, if they split the game up more so that rather than a complete competition for the entire server, it was a competition for level gaps on each server. THen in turn they would create more layers of competition, enticing everyone to spend a little more, or play a little more.
            On an established server, you wont want to dump all your money into the game if the top players are all 20 levels higher than you.
            However if it was split up with level groupings what you would have is...
            A top player in the lvl30-39 range
            a top player in the lvl40-49 range
            top player in the 50-59 range
            and a top player 60+

that now makes 4 layers of competition rather than just 1.
            if you were lvl30 and there were people lvl60, if you thought you could be the most powerful for your level range, that would motivate you to spend some $$, because power and rankings motivate avid gamers. maybe you arent the strongest on the server, but you can be the strongest of your level range, and once you are into the next level range, you will be able to see where you stand against the current top of that level range, and the others that are in that level range.
            In this sort of format you can have a lvl35 who doesnt buy balens who gets really close to being the top of the 30-39 range, without buying balens. That person, because of how close they are, might decide to buy balens at that point.

but a lvl35 who just looks at the giant mountain to climb, that is the level gab between him and the people ahead of him, will just lose interest and move to a enw server or a new game.
            but by having level ranges, it adds tiers to the mountain...
            like turning the mountain into a staircase.
            interesting idea except you have new servers that have about 200-300 people showing up to WB fights. what will happen is the same people will stay at lvl 29/39good spots to get what 500k for 1st (or whatever the reward is). what they need to do is give a gold bonus for hitting certain marks say 10k damage is 500g bonus, 100k is 5k, 1m is 50k ect or something like that. that way it gives the small guys something to shoot for that is achievable cause the way it's set up your pretty much always getting 1% bonus or you never are. or another option is something called FS (fair share) = (hit points of World boss) divided by the # of participates. the different rewards could be 1/10 FS (for new smaller guys) 1/2 FS, 1 FS, and 2 (or 5) FS but the great thinga bout FS is it doesn't discriminate against big servers like 1% of the WB hp does against servers with 700+ people at the WB compared to a new one that gets 300 people to show up. but it still lacks the problem of the top players hit high FS marks while the low lvls get little marks.
            Last edited by vondy; 12-31-2012, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Well all in all there needs to be some changes, and whomever to do it needs to do it quick, cause this game is going down the toilet fast, and they(whomever is responsible) are responsible, we pay to play, which means money in their pockets, and supposed better game development. I have yet to see any improvement to this game. All they do is add more servers, and stuff to the game, instead of fixing existing issues. Hence why the forums for suggestions, etc. Do they really look at the problems in game as a whole, or just use the forums for all of us to vent off our fustrations!
              Last edited by Ketis; 01-02-2013, 09:10 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Comment

its EASY to level up fast on an old server..... just get the old timers to help u with your dungeons, voila u should have no problem passing every dungeon with max points and max experience.
                Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

This is my very first post on the forums, but the constant overlooking of some very important issues with the game have begun to desgust me. And so i am bringing this, hopefully, to some peoples attention that can do something about it.

So recently wartune released the very much looked forward to patch, which included mounts, wings, gem conversion, lvl55 sets.
                  all these awesome additions to increase everyones power. Making all the strong people, STRONGER.
                  Being the dedicated player i am, i was very VERY enthusiastic about this release. And it has been quite enjoyable. Especially the guild battles.
                  However, i am also a leader of TheAsylum on s29, and i have to voice some complaints which are pretty fricken obvious..

To be honest, i think its unacceptable for these points to have been over looked, like they were. And FOR SOO LONG.

First of all,

The Battleground (a couple of points here)
                  1. The rewards for BG are stupidly low and almost no point of doing them anymore cause of how high the rewards are for GB and GA now. And so low for BG. The insig reward should be adjusted.
                  the only thing worth while about BG is the Honor gains. Which brings us to the issue in topic 2.

2. The BG has 2 seperate area's...1 for lvl30-39, and a 2nd for lvl40+
                  Well on my server we have people approaching lvl65 and they are still in BG's against lvl40 players. How is this fair for those lower levels?
                  THey will never be able to gain honor, they will simply get farmed and lose interest. AND QUIT THE GAME.
                  It seems obvious to me that since you released a new armor set, ultimately creating a large gap between the strength of a lvl45 and the strength of a lvl55. You Should have split the BG a 2nd time, for lvl 30-39, 40-49, 50+
                  evening the field and actually making it fair for the lower level people.
                  When you eventually release a 65 set, the BG should be split a 3rd time, lvl30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+

The World Boss (1 major point)
                  The World boss event should be split into 2 or 3 of the same bosses for different level ranges. much like the BG
                  When you join a server close to the launch date, this isnt an issue cause everyone is close the the same strength, and everyone has a chance to get decent rewards from the WB.
                  However now, again, my server has people almost lvl65, the WB lasts about 15-20mins now instead of an hour. And the top hitters are getting %5 or more DMG on the WB.
                  All the low level people have NO CHANCE to get anywhere near %1 for the warrior rewards. And they dont have enough time to get any decent gains.
                  Ultimately making it impossible for new players. Cause they will have a huge disadvantage with their low level troops.

You added voucher/balen boost to the WB, and gave the world boss the super move to limit the dmg of the higher levels...and increase the rewards of those willing to spend balens or vouchers. But This was not nearly enough.

The fact of all of this is that, you, the creators of this game, rely of new players to bring money into the game so you, the creators of this game, can drink your espresso and live stress free.
                  Making the game so completely unbalanced, so that it makes low level players not want to continue playing, ultimately means you arent making your money.

And your genious idea to keep creating new servers to counter this, isnt going to keep working either. Ive played other games that did the same thing, like Infinite Realms. Look up the history of what happened to that game. Its gone.
                  You dont have to keep making new servers in an attempt to make it fair for new players, cause we want new players to come to our server too...

Its really simple, and i think your development team is over complicating the whole process.
                  Just balance the friggen game, using the suggestions ive made, and the others ive read on the forum.

Its all right here infront of you, the complaints, and the solutions.
                  Now do something.
                  Before this game fizzles out like the others

Antihero & Venchance
                  Founders of TheAsylum
                  Server 29

if none of these simple solutions have occured to anyone on your development team, i strongly urge you to message me so i can personally hold your hand through the process...maybe getting a new team would be a good idea.
                  Cause i can assure you, im not the first, and certainly wont be the last, to realize these issues..

and you can believe me, it causes lots of players to quit the game.
                  I know this, cause running a guild means that people send you their personal complaints when they quit.

Your company could potentially make a lot more money...if you were better organized.

from what ive been reading on the suggestions, many many things go ignored.
                  i can see people literally claiming that R2 doesnt give a **** about the gaming experience.

And i think i agree with this...
                  but even if its true, and noone at R2 or 7 roads care about the gaming experience.

i know that both of your companies care about 1 main thing
                  MONEY

and get any financial advisory to look at your system how its setup, and anyone of them, even if they were fresh out of college, could tell you that you guys are doing it wrong.
                  This game is making very minimal money, compared to the stress on the servers. I know it must cause stress on your servers to run so many seperate servers.

There is a high potential for monetary gain on this game, but the system needs to be reorganized...in such a way that inspires player loyalty.
                  Player loyalty comes from people feeling like they have a chance to be powerful, or just from sheer enjoyment of the game.

new players will never feel that its possible to become powerful with how this system is.
                  and many maNY People are and will continue to lose interest, because the game is not enjoyable to them, because they get bullied in events.

again, ask your financial advisers, about the most important thing in any business...its repeat customers...
                  this system does not allow much room for repeat customers...other than the top players....which is 100 people on the rankings, but way less than 100 of them are actually buying balens. maybe the top 30 of those top 100 are actually buying balens...
                  many of the remaining 70 (according to my ranking list) have already quit, or are just playing for free. Which wouldnt be as easy for them if they werent members of my dominating guild.
                  so you get thousands of people joining a server in its first week, but only 30-50 of them stick around and become repeat customers?
                  these statistics are horrible.
                  HORRIBLE.

balancing the game will increase that by 100% at least, or more. It has potential for each server to have infinite gains, because balancing a server for new players actually makes it inviting for new players.
                  Which means at any point in time, you could gain another loyal customer to a server.

its not quantum physics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1275876685063.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1663886

always whine. try creating your own game

Comment

Divided cross-BGs are coming, guys 'n' gals. Way down the road but it's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                      You can give feedback on anything. Feedback is compiled and sent forward to the devs to sort out. Some of the feedback on the game mechanics does help evolve the game, so don't be afraid to post.

Suggestions are more for events and things you'd like to see in the game. There's been lots of little changes to the game based on suggestions, but nothing that changes the game itself.

The point is, feedback is good, even the negative feedback. Suggestions are good too. You never know when a suggestion or feedback will be accepted by the devs and agreed on by all parties. However, pointing the finger at R2 for things they are not the sole developer on or for things they just cannot change unless the original version decides to change it too, only serves to stall threads rather than help the thread evolve into something that can be passed up the chain.
                      i dont really think you or R2 is in the position to try and deflect the heat off of them, they accepted the responsibility of hosting this game, and we the players who are stuck playing here instead of Kongregate or ************ should feel like there is actually a support section, where they get responded to and know that they have been heard.
                      Majority of people as from what you can see in peoples replies dont understand that 7road owns the rights to this game, i however did make note of that in my post, and i realize that the dev team works for 7road.
                      But that being said, i know that the business relationship between 7road and R2 would have to be strong enough that there could quite easily be some serious discussion on game mechanics that would increase player interest, player longevity, and profit margins.
                      I mean lets be realistic here..
                      S29 - Bloody Coliseum
                      IGN - VenChance
                      Guild - TheAsylum

Comment

Originally posted by R24979779 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]31037[/ATTACH]

always whine. try creating your own game
                        do you know anything about coding? or are you just here to troll?
                        actually judging by your response you probably read 1/4 of what i wrote and couldnt comprehend it so you skipped it and decided to troll, like the ****** you apparently are.
                        S29 - Bloody Coliseum
                        IGN - VenChance
                        Guild - TheAsylum

Comment

Originally posted by vondy View Post
                          interesting idea except you have new servers that have about 200-300 people showing up to WB fights. what will happen is the same people will stay at lvl 29/39good spots to get what 500k for 1st (or whatever the reward is). what they need to do is give a gold bonus for hitting certain marks say 10k damage is 500g bonus, 100k is 5k, 1m is 50k ect or something like that. that way it gives the small guys something to shoot for that is achievable cause the way it's set up your pretty much always getting 1% bonus or you never are. or another option is something called FS (fair share) = (hit points of World boss) divided by the # of participates. the different rewards could be 1/10 FS (for new smaller guys) 1/2 FS, 1 FS, and 2 (or 5) FS but the great thinga bout FS is it doesn't discriminate against big servers like 1% of the WB hp does against servers with 700+ people at the WB compared to a new one that gets 300 people to show up. but it still lacks the problem of the top players hit high FS marks while the low lvls get little marks.
                          if someone stayed at lvl29/39 to try and farm the gold/daru from winning WB all the time, they would be stuck with a certain troops type...the only thing they could do is waste daru on leveling up weak troops...and if they left their troops the same level, and saved daru, then whats to stop another person from also spending money, the same amount or more, and leveling their troops higher so that they become the top hitter for the rewards? Lets not forget that at lvl29-39 it would only cost $100-200 (or more depending on the server) to be a top hitter..
                          Also something to consider, which would be a solution to your mentioned problem. Is that the rewards would be less for the top hitters of the lvl29 range, than the 39...and so on...the troops are cheaper, so thus the rewards wouldnt have to be the large 150k daru and gold that the top hitter gets from WB...it could be a fraction of that for the lvl29, but it would still be worth paying $$ for to get the advantage. But then people who choose to stay at a lower level might actually fall behind because they wont be earning as much Daru. So then when they finally think they are ready to go up to the higher tier, they will be getting pwned by a bunch of people with lvl45 Knights, to his 35Gyphons, or whatever..
                          even the 1% reward could increase for the level tiers.
                          S29 - Bloody Coliseum
                          IGN - VenChance
                          Guild - TheAsylum

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                            Remove world boss buffs. It's a voucher and balen sink.

Maybe it's time you guys care slightly less about money and more about players.
                            quit bickering you get vouchers easily its not hard to obtain so just earn it then use it too boost up your stts then you can probably make 1%

Comment

Working...
                            X