Enchanting percentages rigged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enchanting percentages rigged

I had 80% chance to enchant my lvl 40 ring, which cost 15k and failed 5 times in a row
    this has happened many other times to me with other items
    i think they got the enchant % percentage wrong because i ALWAYS get failed if its under 50% never succeed and when its 70%-90% i always fail.

has this happen to anyone else?

it also has a 20% chance to fail you just got unlucky

Comment

i usually fail at 70% BUT more success at 60%
      Mellisan of S3 Worg Lair out ( for good i hope..no more fun in arena 4v4 mean no more fun in wartune* since in patch 5.1 R2 decide to match campers with lvl 70++ ( win some-lose some* still no fun at all). Cya our beloved friends ( and dont expect meeting ANY of us in any other R2 games*WILL NEVER HAPPENED )

Comment

Its 100% luck based unless its at 100%, if you cant get it done at lower than 100% start working on lvl 9 luck stones. I've succeeded 5 times in a row with no luck stone and a 10% chance to succeed.
        Chrono - Assistant Guild Master of Uncharted - [S10] Termini Cliff

Comment

even if you have 99.99%, you still have chance to fail. if its not 100%, its all depend on your luck.

Comment

If you count the number of times you SUCCEED when it's a low percentage, I think you'll see similar number of occurrences too (I hope it's not skewed!)
            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by milkybrah View Post
              I had 80% chance to enchant my lvl 40 ring, which cost 15k and failed 5 times in a row
              Not sure why you are whining about this.

I was enchanting my L55 PvP gear, and it had a 90% chance to succeed and I failed 3 times in a row, which cost me 150k x 3 = 450k
              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                Not sure why you are whining about this.

I was enchanting my L55 PvP gear, and it had a 90% chance to succeed and I failed 3 times in a row, which cost me 150k x 3 = 450k

YOU should be whining as well. Something that has a 90% chance to succeed should not fail 3 times in a row, can it happen yes. But I think we all know that it happens WAY more often than it should, and I know that when enchanting level 15 stuff you can get successes on 40% but on your level 30 and 40 gear you will fail way more often than you succeed. My limited research on my own gear shows that over all your chance of success is 37% on any enchant with less than 100% (using my level 45 PvP gear)

Comment

I agree, there is absolutely no truth in the percentages used in the game.

Comment

Allright I guess I'll explain this again since I can't find the last thread I posted on to link.

When something says it has a % chance to succeed they are using a "Random Number Generation" (RNG) program to decide whether or not you fall into the success or failure bracket. This means they designate a specific number range for failure and success based on the % chance.

Let's look at a 50% chance as our baseline:

The easiest way to picture this is a coin flip which means you have only 2 possible generated numbers (1 and 2). Regardless of which number you select for success or failure there are still only 2 numbers. Now if you flip a coin 10 times you will rarely end up with an even split of results (5 heads - 5 tails) and more often than not you will get one result 2-3 times in a row. It isn't until you get to much higher iterations that the numbers start to even out and become close to 50% (usually 53-47 or so)

Now most random number generation programs have to be adaptable based on mitigating factors (such as luck stones). So they can't simply be based on the 50%/2 possibilities model otherwise they wouldn't be able simulate a 70/80/90% chance. What this means is that they are programed to generate a number randomly between 1-100.

Ok next step we'll look at that same 50% chance with a 100 variable range. So the easy way is to say 1-50 = success and 51-100 = failure. Since there is a much larger range of numbers that could decide the success or failure it takes exponentially more iterations before things start to even out (usually 1000s of iterations) and you are much more prone to having streaks.

Finally we'll bring it to the 90% chance. so using the same 1-100 model as before that still leaves 10 numbers in the string that can cause failure. While this is decidedly small it does NOT in any way make it impossible for those numbers to appear even in streaks.

Ask any person who has ever played Dungeons and Dragons and they will go on and on with stories of how the dice turned against them and they rolled 1s repeatedly or about hot streaks where they were rolling 19s and 20s all night long. The only difference between that and this system is you can actually SEE the result when rolling dice which removes the ability to say that something isn't right. My only suggestion is that R2 make the RNG program transparent so that people will, once and for all, be able to SEE their terrible luck rather than crying foul.
                    Patryn
                    Twisted
                    S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                    "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

love how people try to explain to concept of probability whenever someone talks about how obviously wrong the % are.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshLeo77 View Post
                        love how people try to explain to concept of probability whenever someone talks about how obviously wrong the % are.
                        If you can't actually SEE the results besides a success/fail how can it be obvious? Have you kept detailed logs of enchanting results using all factors of success/failure over several hundred or thousand attempts? We're dealing with statistical probability here you can't just say "I didn't get the expected result 3 times in a row it must be wrong".

I love how people will disregard a logical and detailed statement because it doesn't fit their belief that "something must be wrong".
                        Patryn
                        Twisted
                        S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
                          If you can't actually SEE the results besides a success/fail how can it be obvious? Have you kept detailed logs of enchanting results using all factors of success/failure over several hundred or thousand attempts? We're dealing with statistical probability here you can't just say "I didn't get the expected result 3 times in a row it must be wrong".

I love how people will disregard a logical and detailed statement because it doesn't fit their belief that "something must be wrong".
                          Actually, Yes I have. I currently have quite a detailed SS with just under 500 enchantment attempts ...but you weren't to know that ...because you were so busy showing how intellectual & righteous you are.

I bow to your greater knowledge and encourage more lectures as you seem so keen.

Comment

let them whine all they want.. afterall its just a cheap(no offense) enchant..

soon they will feel the need to enchant using lvl9 luck stone with 100% chance success.. they will think twice in enchanting at a 90% that cost over 500k

Comment

Originally posted by WelshLeo77 View Post
                              Actually, Yes I have. I currently have quite a detailed SS with just under 500 enchantment attempts ...but you weren't to know that ...because you were so busy showing how intellectual & righteous you are.

I bow to your greater knowledge and encourage more lectures as you seem so keen.
                              1. Right because giving a detailed explanation so that people can understand how a system works is to be frowned upon. It's completely impossible that I may have just been explaining for the benefit of the community so they would know that a % chance of success NEVER means it's even close to guaranteed and they should do everything they can to stack the deck in their favor.

2. How about you SHOW your detailed Screen Shots showing percentage success chance and results plugged into a spread sheet to show how "obviously" wrong the %s are rather than just saying you did it. Or are you too good for that? Are 3 line responses the most effort you are willing to put in to debate or prove something?

3. Absolutely nothing in my explanation was "righteous" it was simply stating the way RNG works and how you can't expect to show proven results with just a small control sample.

that is all
                              Last edited by FarrelBrown; 08-25-2013, 06:29 PM.
                              Patryn
                              Twisted
                              S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Working...
                              X