Merge S52 with another active server!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merge S52 with another active server!

Sage Hall [S52] needs a server merge badly! I see we have maybe 70 active (do all their dailies, dungeons, etc, not just login) people a day on this server. Only 2 top guilds left, that fight each other 1 day a week. The rest of the week no one logs on or does much. It is hard to find groups for dungeons, because there is not a large amount of people to pick from.

Please merge S52 with another or several active servers, so we can continue to enjoy the game!
    Last edited by Siyeon; 12-28-2012, 03:17 AM.
    Stellvia | Archer Lvl 60 | [S52] Sage Hall | GM of RAGE

I'd like to see cross-server Guild Battles.

I think our server is fine overall. It's still fairly active from what I've seen.

I think if Guild Battles weren't single-server it'd quell a lot of issues with that. As a Co-GM of RAGE, I'd like more competition
    Archer | (s52) Sage Hall | RAGE

Comment

They should merge you guys with us over here at s50 Hereafter. I think it'd make for some great competition imo lord knows we need it here. We're basically in the same boat population wise if what you say is true and as far as GBs go every other guild merged to form one guild to try and beat us in GB and they still failed.

Pwncakes
      s50 Hereafter
      lvl 59 Mage
      Assistant GM of Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by R24978087 View Post
        They should merge you guys with us over here at s50 Hereafter. I think it'd make for some great competition imo lord knows we need it here. We're basically in the same boat population wise if what you say is true and as far as GBs go every other guild merged to form one guild to try and beat us in GB and they still failed.
        RAGE and Demonz do well and are good competition on our server, but it makes the rest of the week kind of slow, not to mention other guilds just get stomped. They need a low(ish) player cap to guilds, as well imo. That way if there is a merge, people won't just go and join the guilds that end up #1 and #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokket View Post
          RAGE and Demonz do well and are good competition on our server, but it makes the rest of the week kind of slow, not to mention other guilds just get stomped. They need a low(ish) player cap to guilds, as well imo. That way if there is a merge, people won't just go and join the guilds that end up #1 and #2.
          i agree. the number of guild members per guild should be capped. so that when a guild is full, they will make a new one, grow with it, thus give more competition in the long run. if not, everyone will just cramp up the 2 strongest guild & the rest of the guild will slowly die out.
          I don't need a plan.....just a goal, the others.....will follow on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Siyeon View Post
            I will probably end up quitting in a week or two if we are not merged, I am bored. I am the G M of the #1 guild on this server, and asking for a merge.
            Way to go with your blackmailing.
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Yea our week is the same basically only playing for how far we can push into Necropolis and our daily BGs. I wish all the merged guilds were more competition but when you have 5-10 high lvl balen users in 1 guild even with their full 50person GB roster its still a blowout. I give it another couple weeks before whats left of the server leaves for a new one or just quits entirely.

Comment

Yea our week is the same basically only playing for how far we can push into Necropolis and our daily BGs. I wish all the merged guilds were more competition but when you have 5-10 high lvl balen users in 1 guild even with their full 50person GB roster its still a blowout. I give it another couple weeks before whats left of the server leaves for a new one or just quits entirely.
                The issue is not with the lack of competition, but with every glory-hunter joining the #1 guild on the server. With the top 5 balen users in the guild, it attracts people who wants quick success. If your guild is more selective with the number of people you recruit, then you can provide competition.

What makes you think that with server merges, the same thing will not happen again?
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                  The issue is not with the lack of competition, but with every glory-hunter joining the #1 guild on the server. With the top 5 balen users in the guild, it attracts people who wants quick success. If your guild is more selective with the number of people you recruit, then you can provide competition.

What makes you think that with server merges, the same thing will not happen again?
                  The same thing is likely guaranteed to happen, really.

In RAGE, we've been very selective about who we've let into the guild. Stellvia and I made sure we didn't mass recruit the server, even after the largest guild, Wolfpack, disbanded.

Even now we have 95 members, most of which are inactive or low(er) levels. We are currently recruiting again, but only because we're starting to lack in numbers and levels.

Comment

Way to go with your blackmailing.
                    How is this blackmail? Please explain. I think most people that get bored end up quitting, I am getting to that point unless something changes. Some of my older members came back, that might change things a little, but our server could use some more competition.

In RAGE we have a few people that are top balen users, but we purposely didn't recruit some other strong players to join our guild so there would be competition. However, everyone went and joined DEMONZ and now we are severely outnumbered in Guild Battles. We have maybe 30 people to their 50. We haven't been defeated yet in GB, and when we do I won't be upset, but I can't even recruit people so we can match their numbers.

On my friends list, at any given time, there are no more than 70 people online, and I have pretty much the top 200 people on my list.
                    Stellvia | Archer Lvl 60 | [S52] Sage Hall | GM of RAGE

Comment

Originally posted by Siyeon View Post
                      How is this blackmail? Please explain.
                      Anything which goes along the lines of: "If you don't do this, I will do this" has all the ingredients of blackmail (or emotional blackmail, so as to speak). It's only a matter of extent.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by Pokket View Post
                        The same thing is likely guaranteed to happen, really.

In RAGE, we've been very selective about who we've let into the guild. Stellvia and I made sure we didn't mass recruit the server, even after the largest guild, Wolfpack, disbanded.

Even now we have 95 members, most of which are inactive or low(er) levels. We are currently recruiting again, but only because we're starting to lack in numbers and levels.
                        If the same thing is likely to happen, then what makes you think that a server merger is the solution?

Server merges make some people happy but I would dare say that it makes MORE people unhappy.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

We have always been very selective and even went as far as ceasing all recruitment when the announcement of Guild battles were first made to combat people bandwagoning. We did that to try and keep our server somewhat alive/balanced because any retard could see what the future had in store if we just let people in.

As far as repeating the cycle it's inevitable imo as that is the nature of all games. All we have done by shutting down recruitment and forcing the other guilds to merge into one is slow the guaranteed death of our server.

Comment

If the same thing is likely to happen, then what makes you think that a server merger is the solution?

Server merges make some people happy but I would dare say that it makes MORE people unhappy.
                            Who said I thought the server merger was the solution? I didn't. I didn't make this thread, someone else did.

I said that if there is to be a server merger, they should also institute a cap on guilds so that way high ranked guilds with tons of members can't recruit a ton more (of the people who are merged). It'll just make it to where the top two stay the top two.

Of course it seems like this would be common sense, but I guess not because they haven't instituted a hard cap on guilds.

I think that cross-server guild battles would be more of a solution, than anything else.

Comment

We have always been very selective and even went as far as ceasing all recruitment when the announcement of Guild battles were first made to combat people bandwagoning. We did that to try and keep our server somewhat alive/balanced because any retard could see what the future had in store if we just let people in.

As far as repeating the cycle it's inevitable imo as that is the nature of all games. All we have done by shutting down recruitment and forcing the other guilds to merge into one is slow the guaranteed death of our server.
                              I do know what is going on on this server. As much as I've keep track of it, recruitment wasn't shut down completely. Level 45 and above players still get to join the guild.

By the way, guild battle is NOT the only thing players can look forward to in the games. I believe there are many other competitive aspects of the game. Like you said, beating necropolis. There's also new things to look forward to.
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                              X