Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

End of Imperial War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Imperial War

As the season of Imperial War closes, and at least a week before the next one opens.
    (Notice how R2 gives us a break from these cross server events)

I think many of stated that the design of imperial war is better than the previous cross server guild battle on the basis that it is better management of lag.
    Other than that the event is fairly geared towards motivating people to spend up, as with many other aspects of the game.

Without server rebalancing, the competition has gone stale, or imbalance.
    The premise of a round robin fighting is so that any guild at any point can take out another guild given the opportunity, but as i mentioned in another post changes made by publishers that R2 had no control over joined an Imperial War 2 weeks after the session has started.

As of today you can see the final results, a guild-server that has 1.5-2x the power of the nearest guild, and 30k more pts, which is 2x 15000 per IW battle.

Until things change you can predict that the guild ranked #1 today will win the next Imperial War contest.
    Because it will take almost 2 guilds of over 1.4billion br to be combined to make IW competitive.

Whomever is incontrol of rankings needs to rebalance servers-guilds.

The game is in its 5th year and we have these design issues. smh.

Attached Files

To be frank, I am happy with the folks I got for my match ups. Although, there should be a parameter for a guild facing another that is a "no show" to end with a much lower point count (say at 10000) regardless of time in wait so people won't have to wait for the fight to end.

However, there should be other things that could make this event worthwhile. Having things one sided is going to make it stale really quick.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

I happy for you Meikura.
      It just seems that based on my previous post and ending of this imperial war session that because of the round robin, that you'll see the #1 ranked guild 2-3 times a season, and probably end up losing over and over again.

The gap between servers-guilds is apparent, and would require multiple servers to merge in order to keep things competitive.
      (Because we know there is no such thing as disbanding servers/guilds)

This imperial war just highlights that there is no competitive balance to imperial war, the other guilds ranked 2-10+ yes there is.

If this is how Wartunes is managed or lack there of, many people wont do these cross events.
      • Imperial War costs money to be competitive (Having Whales, Buffing the guild, or having extra attack/move energy)
      • No Hard cap on # of participants (Any number of players or alts can join, which can hold more towers, claim more yarnas coins, and disturb multiple times on a treasure hunt, this also means that people are encouraged to run alts, or pilot other people's accounts because compared to Cross Server BG the lag is minimal)
      • The novelty of these events wear down to boredom because R2 increased the frequency to quarterly compared to the old Cross server guild battle which seemed maybe once every 3rd of the year.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that it does get one sided to the last few weeks of a season where that one guild will wind up being #1 at every go. I am contemplating on taking a break from it as well since the only things I get to do (of fun aside from chatting/mingling with the crowd) are Tara Temple, Spire, and Magic Square (for the weekly mount training events) with my units. My Saturdays will start to take their toll as I am doing things in the real life that sometimes I could not make it for such an event. In the times I do make it, most of the time I would get "no shows" that one fastest bout is about 40 minutes with me using 3 energy stones (each) in the first minutes of the event to get all the posts in and doing the treasure hunt thing.

I liked the "no cap" thing for one reason: everyone that is in a larger, more active guild, can enter and claim the benefits without asking to be added on or being shunned just because of their BR. Long ago, when I first played (on only one character), only 50 people can enter Guild Battle so I am always left out because I just started to play (so my BR wasn't as high as everyone else). When CSGB made its debut, it was also limited but managed to get my first team in for it. Chaos War was a different story because only 40 players from a server are only able to get in, thus giving the rest of us the shaft when the TOP player is friends with his/her own guild and throws out the enemy or non-famed guild participants regardless of high BR.

Personally, I would love to see a thorough matching system via bracketing: All the high BR guilds matched together in one bracket, all the other mid-level guilds matched through certain milestone brackets, and those who are in the "wee low BR" range to be matched in a class of their own. However, there should be a catch (and probably would tick off those would-be guild jumpers): once a guild is registered, it can withdraw if it is fully disbanded. At that same token, every week, the guilds should be rematched (at the current Saturday's fight, not reset, not before or after) every week (Sunday should reallocate the guilds through a "graduating" process of transferring from one bracket, a low one, to another, mainly a higher one). It can be determined through a percentage of an increase within the milestone range of brackets.

Physically, if you joined a race with a Yugo to race with other Yugos, you will be allowed in such a race. If you come later with a Charger, you know you can't race with the Yugos because a Charger is much faster and powerful than a Yugo, so you are booted to the next race with Chargers or vehicles with similar specs and power to race. And if you come to a Charger race with a Lamborghini, you will be booted once again to a race with other Lambos.

However, the devs' mindset of "one size fits all" will be the downfall of this game (and events like these) since players are going to get tired of being fed to the Cliffords and getting nowhere without spending real cash.

Comment

I agree with your post.

This game is already waning. Some whales have protested spending, stop spending, and/or stopped playing.

Thats why I mentioned in my other post is that there is no exciting and fun quests.

Novelty of events die instantly because you can over-cash it to death.
          Even now people are "investing" their money in those new Willpower Eudaemons, yes your battle rating can increase from 35m to 50m great.
          But the real trap you can spend infinite money on this game, and get no where, because there will be someone out that that will always outspend you, and there is no content that matches your spending. Even just like battlegrounds, if they know you're name is associated with 50m br+, they wont stay.

To your point, they should provision matching system based on br.
          Imperial War, BG, Athena, Ares would all benefit.
          And it should flag your guild if it exceeds the br cap for lower tier if you try to nerf your way into that bracket.
          R2 would only claim theres not enough groups/people to parse into seperate groups, but I think the reality is if you dont parse now, your player community is probably not bothering w/ the event, and eventually not with the game anymore.

These events are over scheduled cross server events are dying.

The problem is that there are no devs, R2 just re-publishes someone else's game, so they don't have any insight on the direction of the game. They just see whether or not there's a cash flow.

Maybe its time to do as others, and look for fun elsewhere..

Comment

I would agree very much. When I played Shadowbound (another R2 hosted game) years ago, they had bracketing for PVP where if a person exceeds the level for such, they get booted into the next bracket. I know it can be done when it comes to managing and matching guilds; just the devs are too lazy to look into such.

Hell, if they had some sort of matching management going for everything Wartune has going, many people would not leave or skip such. Anyone can do a PVE content to a certain degree. Most are in for the PVP value, and without such, everyone is going to go and find that fun spot somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post
              I agree with your post.

This game is already waning. Some whales have protested spending, stop spending, and/or stopped playing.

Thats why I mentioned in my other post is that there is no exciting and fun quests.

Novelty of events die instantly because you can over-cash it to death.
              Even now people are "investing" their money in those new Willpower Eudaemons, yes your battle rating can increase from 35m to 50m great.
              But the real trap you can spend infinite money on this game, and get no where, because there will be someone out that that will always outspend you, and there is no content that matches your spending. Even just like battlegrounds, if they know you're name is associated with 50m br+, they wont stay.

To your point, they should provision matching system based on br.
              Imperial War, BG, Athena, Ares would all benefit.
              And it should flag your guild if it exceeds the br cap for lower tier if you try to nerf your way into that bracket.
              R2 would only claim theres not enough groups/people to parse into seperate groups, but I think the reality is if you dont parse now, your player community is probably not bothering w/ the event, and eventually not with the game anymore.

These events are over scheduled cross server events are dying.

The problem is that there are no devs, R2 just re-publishes someone else's game, so they don't have any insight on the direction of the game. They just see whether or not there's a cash flow.

Maybe its time to do as others, and look for fun elsewhere..
              Takashi, I have often thought the game is waning, there are always some whales protesting with many who stop spending and/or quit. This has always been the case and will probably continue to be the case.

Yep, many people will now be pouring their cash into Willpower euds, as they did with melded sylphs, seems some people never learn that eventually everything in game will be cheaper and/or for free, but many do not wish to wait, their choice entirely, of course and I do not hold that against them.Yep there is ALWAYS going to be someone who outspends you, hence the reason I will not spend huge amounts - I do spend and consider myself a light- medium casher (depending on my bank balance lol).

By all means go and look for fun elsewhere, I did for 8-10 months, found something fun, but soon became bored with it and returned.

My simple advice is do not be a whale, do not be a huge casher. Its the big cashers who will often get bored quickly and leave. They get bored of always defeating 90% of their opponents in BG with 1 hit. They find MPDs boring as there is no sense of achievement because you do not have to use strategy to defeat the bosses once you reach a certain level. If all the achievements are gained with cash there is little satisfaction in getting a new piece of gear, or finally winning a melded sylph, or getting the materials to upgrade your eud or sylphs gear etc. Most people play games for the sense of fun they get from finally defeating lvl 24 of spire, or completing BI or DDL. They enjoy trying to work out the best defense to use against a certain boss or inventing a strategy to defeat some MPD. All that is lost for the huge cashers, which again is their choice and I do not hold that against them.
              Too often in this game people look to what they do not have instead of what they have achieved with little or no money. My advice to anyone looking to enjoy this game is simple - dont be a huge casher, work to get what you need, the sense of achievement is far better AND it will be a far longer time before you get bored of the game and quit. Chances are there will be a new patch with new achievements come before that happens. Stop worrying about having your butts kicked in BG and/or arena and just do what you can do and enjoy it.

Comment

Thanks. At least someone saw the textbook answer when it comes to spending, and pretty much is where all the imbalance is at. If I were to balance a game in terms of coming up with a rough estimate of those who play for free versus those who spend to get a "quick fix", I would look to your post for such numbers as they reflect the number of people who can He-Man/She-Ra their way out of the rest.

It took me nearly a year (on and off times) before I can see my units passing 24 on Spire Normal. That was really an achievement for me as I did not spend for any of my units. And yes, if people spend just to get a boost ahead of the rest, soon enough it will die as others will either catch up to them or they will feel bored with what was given (patches detailing new content).

Comment

I wanted to update this post with the new imperial war results. Just to show how broken the system and lack of management by R2 and the devs.
                  And how participating in imperial war is just pointless and a sham since 1st place is impossible.

Comment

Took a look, and yeah, it's pretty much one sided. Between 1st and 2nd, the difference was twice the amount in BR. I guess we will keep seeing that for each season.

Comment

Working...
                    X