Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Wartune Game Design vs future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartune Game Design vs future

Food for thought

Has anyone thought of the recent changes with the Patch 7.0 that dropped, that there really is no new content?

You have a few new things to do like Eudaemon Signet, or Endless abyss, but those aren't really great quests.

R2 keeps giving us things to do to boost battle rating but thats about it. Theres no new mpd quest.
    Battleratings are over 40m now, with HST, and Eudaemon Signet, we can expect it to go over 50-60m.

Its only use is just for PvP, and given the state/ design of current Battlegrounds its a semi dead event.

Basically there was no change in events to make the game more fun, its raises the need for people throw their money for nice to have things. (That keep in mind, will be available and free)
    Is R2 even trying anymore?

Or do they want you to move towards Wartunes 2.0 (under another name)
    We've seen Crystal Saga 2, League of Angels 2...

Its as someone posted for the new R2Game Demo Testing:
    "we dont want new games, we want that u take care of those what we do play and these kind of games are lame anyway.
    DO SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT ON OLD ONES, DONT CREATE NEW SCRAP ONES."

Over the years of time I had given suggestions as well as trying to implement designs that could make the game more fun and bring balance, the developers just won't listen (or read). Most of the time, it would be excuses on how something could not be done just because there's not enough to go around. Well, at 19+ platforms that host WT, what's their excuse now?

Day in and day out, I had been reporting, along with others, about the performance issues and the lack of adequate testing. Each time I see a maint notice, I only see minuscule items that could be fixed overnight with a simple code change (and check) that makes me kind of wonder what they are doing for the entire week.

If this game was made to what the players were saying over those years, it would be one of the top sellers on the planet that everyone will never get enough of playing.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post
      Basically there was no change in events to make the game more fun, its raises the need for people throw their money for nice to have things. (That keep in mind, will be available and free)
      Is R2 even trying anymore?

Or do they want you to move towards Wartunes 2.0 (under another name)
      We've seen Crystal Saga 2, League of Angels 2...

Its as someone posted for the new R2Game Demo Testing:
      "we dont want new games, we want that u take care of those what we do play and these kind of games are lame anyway.
      DO SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT ON OLD ONES, DONT CREATE NEW SCRAP ONES."
      I get where you're coming from, but remember that R2 is not a developer. R2 publishes games created by developers. The addition of new games has nothing to do with existing games, as each of those games has a different development company that creates it. It's up to the developer to maintain their game, whether that be to add content or fix bugs. There's only so much R2 can do about that, and most of the time it's through sheer persistence.

Mei mentions there's 19+ platforms hosting Wartune. It's not that many publishers, but R2 isn't the only company that publishes the English version of the game. There's also several other languages with this version. What might be in majority favor on this platform might not be something the overall majority wants, or it could be outside of the scope of what the devs want or are capable of doing, or since Wartune isn't the only game 7Road is working on it's not the top priority.

Regardless, I think it's amazing this game is as old as it is and still doing pretty well.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Meikura, Memorylane is correct, we're dealing w/ R2 as a publisher, so all those tickets that we file, and suggestions and complaints that are posted. Very little make headway to the developers.

Thats' probably one of the biggest problems with Wartunes, as great as wartunes could be. The content is lacking compared to other MMO's.
        (While spending is just as high or even higher than other MMO's)

I would say as for myself, as a player the content is subpar, i think many people that still play are here because of the community/people.

Many people would say everything else is a grind.
        We have lost many players because the game has become routine.
        Ares, Athena, Imperial, Outlands, Venus are common and frequent, the events have lost its flair.

The things that you do on the devotion list/ hot events minimally improve your battle rating over (along) time.
        There are no true quests any more. The last probably was when Elemental Forest and Class Advancement to knighthood came out.

You can drop not play the game for a year and drop $1000 and catch up in a few weeks.

We see that Battle rating has been going up, but is there really even a point?
        • Yes, if you heavily into PVP and fighting people, so ofc this strokes people's egos as they dont want to lose to <personA> so they'll spend.
        • You dont need 40, or even 50m br for any of today's quests. You can probably do everything you need to do at 15-20m BR.
        Thats why with the Patch 7.0, do people need merged eudaemons/ Willpower? The answer is no.
        If you want to throw money at it for some reason, go ahead, theres no quest that requires it.

There is very little to strive for in the game, because there are no impossible quests, battle rating will always go up as long as you are willing to sink in balens.
        But someone will always outspend the next person.

If MMOrpg is supposed to be heavily PvP focused, then wouldnt some people be better off playing games like Injustice and spend money buying gears there?
        At least you wouldn't have to spend $60-80k like some people have.

It seems that true MMOrpgs have ongoing story content.

As of today with Patch 7.0, there is no story content.

Comment

Im playing a lot of MMO and all of them is PvE oriented like WoW,FF XI,Seal online etc,and i agree with takashi that the game get boring now with basically nothing much to change especially this patch,hot event is the same cycle each month only those new hideous BR event is new and only top 3 can get the reward not for majority of players to enjoy, as for R2 has no power over the patch and game development i dunno about that tbh because i believe they has the power to give suggestion or at least give us a new event for most of us to enjoy not this same thing for almost 1 year now.

Comment

With everyone, I agree. This game's beginning to become like it was in the first few years: mundane and repetitive to the point nothing can be done without waiting for the next days to get somewhere. Event rotations (on most) I already got on my device or in my mind, so I can be gone weeks at a time if I wanted and only show up for the ones I want to do.

What really killed me is that Top 3 BR event, because it felt like a slap on the face of those who do not spend like Bill Gates but toiled their time in showing their hard work throughout. Where's their reward for such? Oh, yeah, it's in the form of some cheap (and possibly useless) rewards.

Over the years, players have made various suggestions on how to fix the game or how to make it better. To this date, the suggestions are going in from one ear and out the other as the devs will only put things that will make it not fun anymore.

Comment

Remember wayyyyy back when, when there used to be a story that went along with the solo dungeons? Back when Yaros was supposed to be a threat to Balinor or some such thing? Guess they just got lazy.

Comment

Yep, killed him off two sectors before not knowing if the threat is already gone (the two groups of dungeons after).

The devs were really lazy on such.

Comment

If you look at the forums posts of what people write
                  • Glitches in this
                  • Broken in That
                  • People camping
                  • Unbalanced Event
                  • Limited Rewards
                  • Spawn camping, bullying
                  • Broken Group Arena Points
                  • Things are expensive
                  Is this how a game is supposed to function? Especially one that's embarking on it's 5th year?

I know this game does have a higher demographic of 50+ year olds playing the game, with a limited-fix income.
                  The social aspect is important to them for the game, and which is why sometimes some of them do spend quite a bit of money on the game.
                  However if the game continues to have the same reported issues that never get fixed, and a player community that is leaving the game, those who are considered elderly will take their money elsewhere, which is begs to ask the question, what is there left in Wartunes besides senselessly battle rating building (balen dumping)?

What can we expect in the next Patch? (Since devs from R2 aren't the ones creating the content)

Comment

I've been on some games where they close down after a year of operation. A player would play and say to themselves, "oh this game is great, I want to play some more".

Hype year for this game, Wartune, was in 2015 where it not only have content for those of us who wanted to get somewhere (I left the first time around because the game is mundane; no way to grow, not even grinding for exp/items as soon as you're over a certain range, the exp for that dungeon drops until it's 0 for the attempt), but the events were great (unlimited) in giving back returns for what we used up, thus making saving items a good thing to look forward to. When they started to take stuff away, it's when I started to lose interest, but kept it going because of friends and some things I love doing while playing.

The Rave Event was one of those I take kindly as I nearly burned my retinas in trying to get to 200 all across the board, until I come up with a method (to my madness) for solid 200's for the event, in which I had no problem doing; 250 and 300's weren't something I would want to shoot for as I am not a game slave. Now, it's 250 to get the same amount of fun coins (that's where I looked to compare the past with the current) at the expense of staying nearly all day on it. Even with the new ways of getting devotion, I was on my way towards 200 before even joining up the Group Arena. Some people do not understand that if I did Group Arena for the 15 devotion points, I still have 35 to gather from which another 15 comes in 90 minutes (Eud Arena) after I get my third team through GA. If I had only one team, it's still almost 2 hours I have to wait to grab the points, then I have to find 20 points elsewhere after that. I stopped doing the Rave Event after the first day as I told myself, "I am no slave, I have a life, and I have things to do that do not involve playing the game".

Even the old devote system (100 as the max anyone can get for the rewards) was realistic where it has options on how a player would want to play their game. They can be at every event/thing it throws, or they can just do one of the chain (WB for example; morning or evening) events and still get the devote for the group.

If the devs continue to be lazy in not being proactive with their issues and/or player situations, this game will suffer the same fate as the rest. Ideally, I want this game to live on through the years as it's the only source (beside Mobile Strike) for some fun (no other game in the R2's arsenal has it close than Wartune; all other games are Day-O with the side scrolling anime action, which is not a big thing with me).

Comment

you are talking about r2.
                      They dont really care about what we or you want.
                      Ask anyone and they will tell you that they just want to milk you from your money.
                      i mean they can't even fix a simple bug that has been on for god knows how long... (group arena start button sometimes just goes full cancer)

Comment

Can't really put all the blame on R2 since they do send out our suggestions to the devs when possible. I do not get how a company that designs a game not have adequate time for testing and/or fixing. I would be out of a job if I turn in stuff like this (or out of business since I do provide network access to folks within my zone).

Comment

7road running dry on ideas .. sometimes its better to step backwards, and take good things from past.. like unlimited parts of some events.. maybe could get rid of that balen/ bound balen dividing as people playing game and earning them are not worse than people paying..

Comment

AleshaS421, the balens/bb was a can of worms back then, and doing that now would be the same.
                            Whales would end up complaining about their value of their dollar vs F2P players.

There is no balance to the game, the main premise of the game for them is generate revenue.
                            The figured why give players things for free, when we can charge them.
                            Even if they went back to an unlimited method, you'll end up with the debate between whales and non-whales about the value of their dollar.

The game is just imbalanced, and R2 over the years never planned or implemented safe guards to keep the game growing.
                            • Lack of parity in battle grounds for level 80
                              • Because a 10m BR enjoys going into BG for a quest, just to get smashed by a 46m BR knight
                            • Lack of design construct for new knighthood to run Titan Temple
                              • They cant get Titan runes without running titan Temple, which means they wont be able to survive.
                              • Many new knighthooded players dont even have merged sylphs to help them.
                              • Or in some cases, if theres a team of 2 or more friggas the fight is impossible.
                            Because as long as money came in, the game would still be turned on.

Thats why i question the game design, if you ever play any other R2 games, the lifecycle of those games go on for about 2-3 years, before a new version gets hashed out.
                            We've seen this with crystal saga, league of angels, and in many ways some of the new games that look like abit out of the wartune drawing board.

This game was once great, the first 2 years
                            What made the game great was the player community.
                            When it became all about the money, you created a divide, and that divide only gets bigger because there is no such as a cap on battle rating or spending.

I remember even when we did spend it wasn't impossible for non-spenders to be competitive, which made them feel apart of the game.

Right now you could probably guess a F2P player in the game is capped at most 20m BR without spending. While a spender or a Whale right now is almost 50m BR.
                            When you have all these events, Ares, Athena, Imperial War, Battle Grounds, Group Arena: You need a player community to fill the roster.
                            But:
                            • when a 15m complains about bullying or spawn camping in BG, they wont return to that event.
                            • when group arena matches you with the same opponent 5/15 times in a day, you wont likely do GA
                            • when the rewards for Ares, Athena aren't great, you wont show up to the event

Due to the heavy focus on getting people to balen more, its alienated alot of players.
                            Right now the game is leaning towards high br, and mostly high spenders. Eventually spending will slow down for some, and with that attendance will fall off, because for many players they can afford vip, sc and maybe a few extra balens. If the game continues to put things that forces people to bleed their bank accounts dry, many players will not bother to login.
                            Even it new players come in, eventually become knighthood'd, they'll just get stomped on in those events above, because there is no separation allowing them to grow. Which would deter them from participating in events.

Server merges, and new server launches were supposed to help the situation, however many of the little people get left out or push aside, because in the end its always about power.
                            Thats how you end up with a guild like Twlight dominating imperial war.

Everything right now is on a cycle like Meikura says, and spending is predictable, as well as events.
                            We used to have breaks for class wars, titan wars, guild battle, etc., we also had hot events breaks of maybe a week or so. Everything is being shoved in our faces, with even more devotion quests.

All of the above are some of the reasons why maybe these well known, and probably well like players quit months ago (chilimack, rae7, cyprus)

Without improvement and balance to events, at the current rate this game will see a change in its player base dwindle by end of year.

Comment

Long ago, on a different game from a different publisher/developer, I used to spend for such. In its first years, the game was great, support was top notch, and the people were having fun. However, things become laxed after another year was placed on the bracket. Support dwindled, the content was stale, and people were leaving each day. All that money I put forth in being an "arms dealer" to many has vanished away. It was then I made a promise to myself that I will never spend foolishly for another game.

I don't know. When I looked back then and now (with respect to Wartune), I see those who spend just because they "want it" before everyone else. New clothing, new mount, a shining new title so they can inflate their BR a bit more. Competitive spenders will spend to surpass one another.

When new servers open, players spend because they want to be on top. They have a 30-day window (as opposed to several months back then) to blow through a minimum BR (by their mind) so when a merge happens, they will feel empowered to pass someone who is already at the top on the old server. When a merge happens, top guilds will kick off their weaker players just to make room for the highest BR ones, so that way they can win Imperial War/Post Grab/Central Crystal War and get a better ranking than when they were before a merge happened.

I have my own beliefs on why I don't spend, and when I see a game that once offered something of a great way went south by offering skimped rewards, it makes me feel there is no point in continuing to play. I only stay now for the company I keep, and for some events (that remained) that I liked doing. Once those elements are gone, my units will rest eternally.

This game has a lot of potential in being the best MMO of all time. However, if all these nerfs keep happening and the important bugs are not fixed (sorry, but translation errors and items that were not reported that have no impact on a player are not considered important), then this game will never reach that mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X