Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Findings] Bats do 2 rounds of attacks for every 1 of the player's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Findings] Bats do 2 rounds of attacks for every 1 of the player's

If this is a bug as later found, please put it into the bugs and support section. Thanks.

Good day, my fellow gamers and forum members. I want to bring up an interesting topic that has gotten me at a curious scale. So, I was venturing about in some of my dives (most are new ones where I haven't played or got an anchor character on) doing my own thing. First dungeon, kill some wolves, finish the quest, get the exp and reward. Farm a bit to get it going (terms of EXP and management) as well. Walk around in Cloud City, find yourself magically on a horse when you turn 16, and then hitting your first MPD when you're 20 so you can make your own equipment to be used.

All this was great until you come across one enemy that will frustrate you to no end: bats. You feel you can take them on with your AOE attack and will hit you for once on a return hit. However, this wasn't the case as they get to land 2 attacks each onto you (first the entire group of them, and then again from the group) before you can land another hit on them. You looked at your status section to see if they cast something that would give them a 2 attack advantage and nothing is on screen for such. Even with the stun (which delays you for one round), they manage to get double the attacks in (4 from each this time) before you get to fire of again, thus wasting precious HP down to a hair before you can finish the last one off.

To this date, this is the only mob that will do the 2x special on a team. No other mob does this. So, I am wondering what makes them so special to have two attacks per round (one from each and then repeat again from each after) than any other mob? Is it a bug? Or something else?

Weigh it in, boys and girls.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

These bats are doing this since the very beginning of the game. You'll mostly find them only "early-game" where they are a pest. Not a big problem nowerdays because it is very easy to get strong enough to defeat them but in the early days, where we scavenging the game for some more BR it was hard. :P

My guess for this type of mob with their behaviour (2 attacks in one round of wich one is stun) were designed to throw in some kind of 'wall' for the player in order to encourage to grow some more before taking on the "harder" parts of the game. This because you only find them in the form as lower level mobs.

Another 'prove' of this theory is that these bats are also the first mobs you have to deal with when you have aquired your first eudeamon. The first fights in Bounty Targets are started off with thise bats and thus with their horrible set of attacks making it hard to get the much needed Blood of Zeus.

After you get stronger these bats are popping up less often till you've reached the point that they never be in a battle. For SPD and MPD that usually is around lvl40 to lvl45 and for the bounties it is after the 5th boss (correct me if i am wrong).

Comment

If it's one thing I like doing in a fire fight is to count the number of bullets fired from someone's gun before they get to reload. Yes, they are a pest to get 2 waves of attacks in on a non stunned person. But, you might be right. It might be something where it prepares the players to much difficult content later on. When I first played WT in 2013, it was hard to get through because of the fact nothing was around to help anyone to develop (remember the diminishing exp when you're over a certain mob level for solo, catacomb, and MPDs?) their character without spending. I left for the year for Shadowbound. I came back by 2015 when I hear there were new things that WT made, but this time I came with four of my own.

The Fearful Fayes of the past were bad enough (Cata 50 to 100) as it is, but these little buggers do take the cake. On higher levels (bounties), I do not have to face them anymore. Thankfully.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
      X