No announcement yet.

Fix your damn classes - or at least re-balance them so everyone has a chance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix your damn classes - or at least re-balance them so everyone has a chance

I was recommended this game by a friend just before Christmas, and I've enjoyed many aspects of it - even going as far as forming a guild - and I was all set to purchase some Balens to see how they would improve the game. At that point another player advised me to scrub my character and start again from scratch.

The problem? I had chosen to be a warrior - and as every player now knows, that's tantamount to calling yourself a victim or sacrificial pawn.

Here's the issue. Archers and mages can attack faster, hit harder, and absorb almost as much physical damage as a warrior of the same level - and that's just the base statistics. Once you add all the extra bits those two classes become stupidly - almost unfairly - powerful.

So here's the question for the developers. Are you going to fix this at some point, or do you expect people to continue playing the game when they know their preferred class has no chance of winning?

At this point I'm still willing to play the game, but until the balance is fixed I won't be parting with my hard-earned cash to see what Balens can do for me.

It's difficult to counter your post since the knight does have quite a few current intrinsic faults that no amount of Balens will overcome. However, if you work at it, knights can be feared - at higher levels of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeon75 View Post
      I was recommended this game by a friend just before Christmas, and I've enjoyed many aspects of it - even going as far as forming a guild - and I was all set to purchase some Balens to see how they would improve the game. At that point another player advised me to scrub my character and start again from scratch.

The problem? I had chosen to be a warrior - and as every player now knows, that's tantamount to calling yourself a victim or sacrificial pawn.

Here's the issue. Archers and mages can attack faster, hit harder, and absorb almost as much physical damage as a warrior of the same level - and that's just the base statistics. Once you add all the extra bits those two classes become stupidly - almost unfairly - powerful.

So here's the question for the developers. Are you going to fix this at some point, or do you expect people to continue playing the game when they know their preferred class has no chance of winning?

At this point I'm still willing to play the game, but until the balance is fixed I won't be parting with my hard-earned cash to see what Balens can do for me.
      I don't know about that. In GB/BG, I've seen high level knights ransack high level archers and mages. It's all dependant on how much money and time you're willing to invest in the build/game. And since you're not willing to do so, the outcome is your post. Archers and mages could post the same thing about balen powered knights.

Comment

Most people argue that Knights are overpowered around 55+ and everyone seems to agree that they are more of a grind than other classes at lower levels and take a bit to catch up. You need patience with a Knight if you wish to really compete. At around 55 they really start to dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
          Most people argue that Knights are overpowered around 55+ and everyone seems to agree that they are more of a grind than other classes at lower levels and take a bit to catch up. You need patience with a Knight if you wish to really compete. At around 55 they really start to dominate.
          ... if they were funded equally as archers and now mages on the World Boss... but I digress. :3

Comment

Everyone said that knight dominated at lvl 55, yes, but they forget to said the crucial thing: a knight that build in the right way.
            Yes, I got an example for knight that to hard to kill, even an archer saying that he's def are abnormal ==a

And you said since cristmas... right?
            Then you need to wait and built your knight as good as you can before you can kick in on higher lvl.
            S24 - Reaper's Illusion
            IGN - Vein

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeon75 View Post

If you have no patience and dedication in playing the mighty knight, I suggest you re-roll to Mage or archer to kick some *** in early game.

Go to some search on knight's thread before trolling in forum.

Comment

Sigh... another whiny thread about knights... Have you even reached 45 yet, Sir?

I fear knights that built the right way much more than rich knights that wrongly built. Since most wrongly built knights (Crit damage or no block) die before they can even reach me.

Tank and hybrid knights with high block scare the **** out of me whenever I run into them.

It's all about how you build it, not how much you spend. All classes have strengths and weaknesses, you just haven't played long enough to see how knights dominate.
                The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                  Sigh... another whiny thread about knights... Have you even reached 45 yet, Sir?

I fear knights that built the right way much more than rich knights that wrongly built. Since most wrongly built knights (Crit damage or no block) die before they can even reach me.

Tank and hybrid knights with high block scare the **** out of me whenever I run into them.

It's all about how you build it, not how much you spend. All classes have strengths and weaknesses, you just haven't played long enough to see how knights dominate.
                  This is funny. If people would open there mind and see that an archer can go 3 times in 2 turns because of there multi shot and they also have there deep freeze witch is a pain in the ***. You don't see any other class with a way to slow down players. I look at my cousins archer and his archer gets more default strength than my warrior it shows that archers get more. He gets less bonus from power and attack from his gear than i do and he still has more strength. I done the comparison. I would have beaten him once out of 50 times if he didn't use his deep freeze. I know plenty about gaming. I played a game 100000x times more complicated than this and was way better. Will i continue to play, sure, but you wont see me wanting to spend any money on a game when a class gets more attacks, strength, or attack power from moves than me.

Comment

Becouse archer is attacking type.
                    If you want attack, play archer. Knight comes for def, not attack.
                    You can expect a game with two attacking type, right?
                    A knight already got high def, if you ask them to make it into attacking type to, think twice. That what called the real inbalance.
                    If that really happen, tell me on what place mage will be?
                    Just healing? We'll surelly get pawned with other. Mages need to work harder to maintain their pdef without neglecting the other stat.

And whinning for deep freeze?
                    Then move to front row, you won't get any deep freeze if you're troops still alive.

And your cousin?
                    He get less bonus from his gear but more power than you?
                    Have you check the other aspek?
                    Gems, academy, guild skill, gear status, astral, and yada-yada~~
                    S24 - Reaper's Illusion
                    IGN - Vein

Comment

OP has a point though. The game rewards brute force. =( Still kinda fun tanking along at 65 - but it's nutty to think a knight can take out higher floors of Necro before or the same time as an archer. :P

Comment

lol too much whinning before u reach high level and i bet that u don't even build ur knight right enough or simply didn't upgrade ur academy, guild skills and gems tho....
                        Just my 2 cents

P/s: U should see what a high level or correctly build knight could do
                        IGN : Phyxsiusâ„¢
                        Class : Mage
                        Server : S19 Desert Of Curses
                        Guild: Warriors

(Tree / Altar Summoner, Chest Distributor and Human Resource Administrator )

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonrex View Post
                          This is funny. If people would open there mind and see that an archer can go 3 times in 2 turns because of there multi shot and they also have there deep freeze witch is a pain in the ***. You don't see any other class with a way to slow down players. I look at my cousins archer and his archer gets more default strength than my warrior it shows that archers get more. He gets less bonus from power and attack from his gear than i do and he still has more strength. I done the comparison. I would have beaten him once out of 50 times if he didn't use his deep freeze. I know plenty about gaming. I played a game 100000x times more complicated than this and was way better. Will i continue to play, sure, but you wont see me wanting to spend any money on a game when a class gets more attacks, strength, or attack power from moves than me.
                          Isn't it weird to think knights should out do archers in damage? The class is for tanking, so more defense is better.

Compare to knights, other two classes don't have that much defense and HP. Heal on block gives knights so much HP it's not funny. Without troops, unless the archer have 5k BR more than the knight, they are pretty much dead. And it's the same to mages. Knights reap archers' medium Pdef to pieces.

And you who talked about games much, much more complicated than this one, haven't taken a look at the skill tree or what? As I have said above, knights are for tanking and their skills are also lean towards tanking. Building them to a different path is harder and would need to spend some money on it to make it work as well as tank build.

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                          OP has a point though. The game rewards brute force. =( Still kinda fun tanking along at 65 - but it's nutty to think a knight can take out higher floors of Necro before or the same time as an archer. :P
                          Yeah... the place is for killing as fast as possible

Knights will still suffer in Catacombs and Necropolis just as usual...
                          Last edited by TheAngelito; 01-12-2013, 12:14 AM. Reason: Edit function is always available. Posts merged
                          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

I am a knight and i make archers look weak as long as they are on my lvl

but yea i do get pawned by SOME mages but not every mage

i am pure non casher who will probably not be a casher

my academy are on the same lvl i am and my guild skills ok i accept my guild skills are not up to my lvl just yet but i am working on it and i am doing it ASAP but as for astrals i have been trying to get gold astrals but i keep getting stupid blue or purple charisma astrals which i do not need so i am working the hard way (star points ha ha ha)

my equipment well they are good

my gems most are lvl 5 only 2 of them are lvl 4 which will soon be lvl 5 too and none of them came from item shop or balens they all came from crypts or event or quests

i do pretty well for a non casher knight and lite and moderate cashers on my lvl can't win against me easily unless they use potions and runes just to to survive longer

my most hardest to beat class are mages since knights are based on HP and Pdef its easy to kill them and archers go all power and no defense and HP tend to die before i even hit 50% HP

my balens thats currently 14 balens in my page comes from free balens and that too only video watching

i am doing pretty well i do find the annoying slow attacks to be a headache but still its ok since i wear HEAVY ARMOR and wield a HEAVY SWORD which is half my size and also have a HEAVY PRIDE its ok since I LOOK COOL ANYWAY hahaha

we knights can steal rage which works like a charm against mages and we reverse damage which works soo good against both archers and mages as long as they are not lvl 60+ hahahah

we have a temporary invincibility which can only be cut by attacks more stronger than our 20% HP and scatter shot by archers which is rare to see

and also we have the highest grade of damage skills since our S class attacks makes any class look like a joke

knights are good after u build them right and after lvl 50 thats a fact and i am living proof just hit higher lvl and pawn the archers then u will see archers whining hahahah
                            Last edited by Hyorinmaru6; 12-31-2012, 02:31 AM.
                            Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                            [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

weird... seeing someone said Knight is no good while I'm mage and rrly scared to fight knight with good build

Comment

Working...
                              X