Eud Arena needs "optimising"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eud Arena needs "optimising"

Am sick to death of going into eud arena and meeting someone who is AFK. Yes I know we all AFK at times, we need coffee, food etc, but I am referring to those who AFK for a good 10+mins, and who are a) too strong for you to kill quickly and b) too weak to kill you quickly AFK, although they can easily kill you when they are there to use skills. I dont mind meeting people who AFK Athena, Ares or Venus, because all those battles are time limited, so you know they are going to end relatively quickly regardless. Also when you meet the same player over and over you know they are there to click 'match', unless there is some bot that can do this for them? Idk? So if they are there to match for a battle why cant they just USE skills?
    In BG if you are AFK for too long you are kicked from the room, same with tanks, maybe it is time they did the same for EA? Either that or make EA similar to Sylph Arena where you fight an opponent who is auto fighting and you can speed the battle to finish it quickly, or give us a "surrender" button? I got no issue/problem with being killed, but give me a quick painless death, not a long drawn out boring one. Games are supposed to be fun, if you are AFKing all the time (as this one player who I meet often usually is) then you are clearly not having fun. Are people so ignorant that they dont care if they are wasting someones time?

The trick with Eud-arena is to carry only 2 euds, 1 main and 1 backup. If you face a small player you win fairly quick and when you face a bigger player the match also doesn't take too long. Carrying more euds takes only more time since they also needs to be killed when facing a strong player.

Introducing a way to kick an AFK player would mean a set-back (in my opinion) since Eud-arena takes long enough and i want to drink coffee or do the laundry wile doing it. I have 2 euds (1 main, 1 backup) and i am only in it for the devotion and really need it during Rave so being kicked would mess up the gameplay even more.

Comment

Yes, the afk can be annoying. I am suggesting soon, that there be a way to "resign" from a battle, if you can't win, no reason to stay there.

I would even introduce this to the Group Arena. When a super majority say resign, they battle just ends. Sorta like clicking the botton (VIP's) in Sylph Arena to just get it over with.

I do like Buuurman's suggestion of only using 2 Euda. Wish they'd give us a way to take a Euda out of the rotation. There is a workaround but just kind of annoying.
      "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
      Browser Game Support

Comment

Or have them put forth a "release" button when choosing a Eud team so that spot can be empty. Sometimes I like to go with 1 and other times I would try the full roster. I should have that freedom of doing such when deciding my formation similar to sylph arena.

However the Surrender button would be nice too.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Yes, I have often just gone in with 2 euds only, to speed up the process. Win or lose I just want it over with lol. Lets hope they do look into a "surrender" or "resign" button. I cant see why Eud Arena can not be like sylph arena and can be done any time of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_MrEUS View Post
            Yes, the afk can be annoying. I am suggesting soon, that there be a way to "resign" from a battle, if you can't win, no reason to stay there.
            It would solve so many problems to allow someone to resign from battle. Still too many ways to get caught in an interminable, unwinnable fight. Tanks would be another place that it would be really nice to be able to cut short, given how long it can take to grind enough points even when the other side is letting you win.

Comment

On average, I had short tanks (5-7 minutes of fighting) and I had long to the end tanks. I guess it just depends on the mood of said event.

Comment

this is another issue to add to the list

why does R2 ask people silly surveys about things most players in the community dont care about?

why not put the top 5-10 issues and have people vote on the top 4 to get fixed?

Most of the time people are indifferent to the patch, or dislike it because its another money grab, but never a true fix of anything important to the player community.
                Pulling a rug over the issue, and trying to sell us something else, wont get the issue fix, game play is still game play. The Devs should know better.

Comment

Because when they release new Day-O to the world, they are just focused on that. Many players (myself included) wanted this game to be fixed and working the right way. If they spent all that time in coming up with new Day-O, they should have taken that time to read up on the important stuff (sorry, but translations are not that important) and get on them right away. Certain things I do not do anymore because the game itself has become stagnant. It doesn't matter if they put in new stuff and features, but how can one access such if the preceding items are not fixed to get to such?

So, really, what is the point of having a feedback, bug reporting, ticket system, or the like if they (the devs) are not taking the time to read upon such? The better question would be is where are they getting their information from since each day I am in the forums reading about such, hearing about how people's tickets are going unanswered, and I know majority of the people are displeased with what's going on. It's not like they (a player or players) wrote and said, "a very bad translation is game breaking and I am going to quit the game if it's not fixed" somewhere in there. If so, then I am sure the rest of us would like to see this place so we can really write our concerns and hopefully they will read it as well.

Comment

I think the question is, is Wartunes a game that people should continue investing their time and money in, when it costs such a premium to be highly competitive, and yet you get poor support from the devs.

There are other games/mmo's that dont cost this much, and have better support/content. LoL, WoW, Albion, etc.
                    Some of those games have ingame currency which you can save and buy things like their version of VIP, without having to open your wallet.

Its really silly that some people have spent over $100k on this game, it is your money, but its like paying for a Ferrari, and getting a Kia engine inside.

The reality of the situation and the game is that the dev's need to step up, as we're approaching the 5th year anniversary, the game has grown stagnant and heavily focused on people just spending. If there are no plans for fixes, or new content-quest driven (not cash driven), then like many people before that has done, its time to move on.

Comment

I agree on it. As I have said, each time I am on the forums, I always look and read through the bugs and support section to gather knowledge of the things that are still pending to be fixed by the devs. It really gets me when I see the patch notes or the maint notes to find something that is not even mentioned anywhere is being fixed while the important stuff is left alone.

It's a good thing I haven't spend for this game. I took a life lesson on the last developer that went the way of 7Road/ProCity as I was spending for something that lasted 2 years; after that, it all went downhill (support, issues, bad players, you name it). VIP didn't mean jack as there was no support channel for direct 1-to-1 contact with a real live agent anymore. A lot of friends and players quit and the servers became a ghost town. Just recently (I heard) they (the devs of that game) merged all servers together, which made more players quit because the server they didn't want to be in they wind up in. Now, someone stole the code to the game and went to a different developer to make it into a mobile/PC version that runs off 32-bit graphics (as opposed to 16-bit that changes to such when it is run). I may not know Chinese, but the scars kept on me since then as folks want me to play that game with them.

This game has a lot of potential if placed at the right points to be one of the best there is and to bring more folks. However, when we have lazy folks at the helm of support and the developers, the chances of being such are close to nil.

Comment

I have for a long time hated the set-up of eud arena...in sylph arena its open all day and you fight against AI, in the old arena again it was open all day and you fought AI, since the only times eud arena is open is times when I am not able to be online so I never am able to get it in, why not make it fight against AI also, it would solve the afk slow down and open up for many people who cant make the 2 times that are available........R2 you are only hurting yourselves, people leave the game now on a weekly basis and I foresee the exodus to continue on a larger scale when all these overpowered willpower euds become more common....my total br is around 15M and already see euds of 25M.......why should I continue trying to play against a stacked deck, the love of the game? love can die over time just saying

Comment

Working...
                        X