What is left to do anymore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is left to do anymore?

I'm pretty much capped, without spending. I don't need adv mahra (4 red merged sylphs); Holy Sword takes about a month to level once you reach 100 polishing orbs per click; Blue Sylph Soul Orbs are maxed, I only do Holy Sword temple to help others, and that max happened very quickly; I don't need anymore toon equip is maxed (and has been for a very long time); gems- pish; whips? jeez, 3K doesn't increase a quality such as def or endurance by 100; mounts take months of saving beast souls for; smelt stones, can only buy 20 per day and the amount required to level is huge so that takes months; engraving is a joke once you're at 90%+, you need well over 100 engraving stones to even think about taking a chance of increasing that. Euda's max at level 12 and the awakened euda at level 5; and last, but not least, medallion. Since I need over 1 million honor, doesn't look like that's happening over the next 8 months, if I'm lucky.

So what does Wartune give us on the latest patch?

-Willpower. Great idea, however, the only way to get a Willpower is to play a game of chance and hope that the rewards will help. Some days, there isn't any demon blood or memory crystals to get. And the chances of getting more than 10 of either, in one day, is slim at best. Since you need 4000 in materials total, I gave up on day 2 of ever hoping for one. They offered no real way of working to get a Willpower (for those that want one.) The skills for the 2 Willpower's that are offered are a joke. They don't support the toon hardly at all. I'll stick with my mage, knight and blood demon for all the buffs and defense they offer. A good idea that bombed.

-Clothing Refinement. Another great idea. But there is no way to get the materials with cashing, and cashing A LOT! There is no way to work on getting the materials for clothing refinement at all but a few during rave. The amount of materials that are required to increase the strength of the toon is astronomical. Another good idea that went terribly wrong.

-Current Rave Event. Not once has our server got the max rewards nor even a guild. During the last rave events, that supported Holy Sword, the server would get max rewards and at least one guild would get max rewards. The result is, the rave event that supports Willpower is terrible, just terrible. They give us Eudaemon Warpath Crystals as a guild reward? What a stupid joke. You can get tons more free for recycling Eudaemons with the hundreds of free shards from bounty targets. Why in the world would I spend any extra money on that?

Yes, I have recharged quite a bit of balens over the 4 years of my toon. Currently, without spending 100's, maybe 1000's of dollars, my toon has pretty much halted. The occasional 500-2000 bales recharge is worthless, it gives back nothing. There is no point of it anymore. The saying, "Every little bit helps," has been flushed. It doesn't help anymore.

I do enjoy this game and will continue playing, for I've made some good friends here and met some great people. But that's all that is really keeping me here, playing, daily.

Well....there's my rant. Wartune needs to introduce ways of increasing the BR of the toon, the actual toon. And make it a challenge. Before, MP's needed certain skills and techniques to pass, now, it's all just strength. And a mediocre toon like mine can solo it, so it doesn't require much of that at all. I hope they have something in mind to go along with new Willpowers that may, or may not, be introduced.

Brewtus
    BR- 21,800,000

I haven't spend a single cent on this game, but I feel where you're coming from, mate. Many of us felt like the game developers had gone in the way of the current Hollywood producers: throwing in useless ideas without any originality to them (possibly from recycling things that were once there but no longer are) just to get money from people.

This game could have been on its way in garnering awards that will bring everyone to the yard. However, the incompetence on the developers' part and not being proactive to all of the bugs and performance issues is what killed it for many. I do play for the company I keep (and some events I felt are of benefit to me). However, that time will soon come to an end as I have seen many of those friends I had made quit as they do not want to support a game that goes unfixed or gives any benefit for the money.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

I think the game is at the point of breaking. Since many have shared and voiced their opinion/concern about the future.

If people can "solo" HST, and do many things based on cash, theres not much left to do. The last patch regardless of the useless survey, was just another money grab.

Those were "mini-games" at best that were added, not new content, not new quests, not new challenges.
      And while all this is happening, battle rating is sky rocketing, leading to other ingame issues as balance of competition, and challenges in Titan Temple, and BG.

Friends are what keep the game alive for many, but as 1 friend goes, another follows, and another.

I think its of the conclusion, that the devs dont care about the player community, and do what they see fit. Even R2 has no control or influence over them.
      So as many people keep pouring their wallets into the game, the dev's dont see an issue. Boycotts wont work, unless there is absolute cutoffs.

I've played other R2 games in the past and their lifecycle only goes on for about 3-4 years max. Wartunes is going past year 5 soon.
      If R2 isn't the one developing the games, and getting their software from other companies, then its expected that this game wont last either, since they dont have a clear picture of the game's future.
      What probably keeps it alive is that people keep pouring their wallets blindly into the game, so the devs have no choice but to accept it, and put in minor features.

Comment

Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post
        I think the game is at the point of breaking. Since many have shared and voiced their opinion/concern about the future.

If people can "solo" HST, and do many things based on cash, theres not much left to do. The last patch regardless of the useless survey, was just another money grab.

Those were "mini-games" at best that were added, not new content, not new quests, not new challenges.
        And while all this is happening, battle rating is sky rocketing, leading to other ingame issues as balance of competition, and challenges in Titan Temple, and BG.

Friends are what keep the game alive for many, but as 1 friend goes, another follows, and another.

I think its of the conclusion, that the devs dont care about the player community, and do what they see fit. Even R2 has no control or influence over them.
        So as many people keep pouring their wallets into the game, the dev's dont see an issue. Boycotts wont work, unless there is absolute cutoffs.

I've played other R2 games in the past and their lifecycle only goes on for about 3-4 years max. Wartunes is going past year 5 soon.
        If R2 isn't the one developing the games, and getting their software from other companies, then its expected that this game wont last either, since they dont have a clear picture of the game's future.
        What probably keeps it alive is that people keep pouring their wallets blindly into the game, so the devs have no choice but to accept it, and put in minor features.
        I agree their the devs and r2 staff need to sort their game out with flash dying in 2020 and many browser will not support it were will this game go past 2020

will it be thrown in the bin like many dead r2 games or will they put some brain child in charge to code it into html5 and give it a new lease of life

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post

I agree their the devs and r2 staff need to sort their game out with flash dying in 2020 and many browser will not support it were will this game go past 2020

will it be thrown in the bin like many dead r2 games or will they put some brain child in charge to code it into html5 and give it a new lease of life

IMO, overhauling it would be too much effort for the dev. Also the overhaul would have to be tested w/ each publisher for support.
          We haven't seen much dev support in years or at all.

These type of designed games dont last this long, your talking about an 8 year mmo-flash game by 2020.
          Even if they change over, is there even good content to keep the player community? Everything now is a grind with repetitive events, and nothing new.
          Battle rating is growing faster than people can catch up to.

I dont believe the other R2 games have maintained their popularity and player base past year 5.

Its possible the flash support ending is an omen.

Comment

i think the chinese version s already converted to html , from what ive seen

Comment

Wartune's profit model relies very heavily on whales. They cater almost exclusively to big spenders. As long as there are enough willing to drop big money for a dominant experience over other players, Wartune will likely keep going. If they are no longer able to draw in the whales, the game will vanish.

I find that over the years, they have made it easier to get some older things for free, but the cost of growth from new content has gone up. They have given us some nice things that have created brief explosions of growth. However, I am currently in the same boat as the person who started this thread. I've maxed most of the free stuff. I still grind time portal for tiny growth to my sylph. Titan Temple is too much of a hassle for the small amount of resist I get out of it (I hear its still super easy for strong archers, but for mages, cranking out the dps is much harder and it must be a nightmare for knights). The new stuff is given in tiny amounts for free and with the ever increasing amounts needed, it is way too expensive to buy. So, I content myself with my current BR, grind the few things that still give me growth, help out when I have the time, and have fun with the friends who still play.

I'm not certain about Wartune's future. If I recall, R2 already tried to sell it once and failed. That makes me think they may not be willing to push the devs for an upgrade to non flash version of the game. I guess we'll have fun while it lasts, however long that may be.

Comment

I played for 5 years and after that patch ruining guild battles was enough for me walkin away from 50k hurts too but the game just lost all appeal and not having guildies have a reason to log in 3 nights a week hurt comradary. the only reason most of us all play it still is the friends we met over the years but like stated above as one goes more slowly follow.
                give wartune2 a shot aka dragonawaken w.dragonawaken.com-- its proficient citys new version of wartune with some loa combined instead of troops like wartune you have heros like loa..instead of knight archer mage..there is no class ...you actually switch between class trees in game so everyone can be any of those classes. started back in like april or something I let all the bugs play out and tried it 2 weeks now and its actually not bad. has the old school feel of wartune ,guild battles every night or well faction battle each server has 2 factions like 2 big guilds and each faction has clans that make up the faction, pvp in wilds, mines, battle grounds world boss resource dragons on timers..
                i'm guessing instead of leasing the games out to r2 kong armor etc they realized how much money they actually were missin out on, so I haven't seen any other platforms playing the game yet only their main site.

Comment

you're right vilanov many of the people that play are for their friends
                  With all the issues piling up, and really lack of dev support to improve the game play and not nickel and dime you, has gone and past.

I always have thought they would follow the crystal saga 2 model, and come out with their version 2 of the game, but as long as those whale level cashers keep funding the game, they wont move on.

Comment

Originally posted by phoeberose View Post

Well....there's my rant. Wartune needs to introduce ways of increasing the BR of the toon, the actual toon. And make it a challenge. Before, MP's needed certain skills and techniques to pass, now, it's all just strength. And a mediocre toon like mine can solo it, so it doesn't require much of that at all. I hope they have something in mind to go along with new Willpowers that may, or may not, be introduced.

Brewtus
                    BR- 21,800,000
                    Give it a few thoughts and help contribute with fresh new ideas, not only for BR but also the overall gameplay. Cheers....
                    Quote 1 : If the enemy crouches down on last bit of health, then aim your arrow at the butt. Plortch!!! ;)
                    Quote 2 : Over the years Wartune did get better: Wartune>Lagtune>Bugtune>Nerftune>Stresstune>Hatetune>??? :confused:

Comment

Working...
                    X