Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Dimension Chests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimension Chests

Funny how they were able to fix the drop rate on dimension chests so quickly, but whenever we report a bug that hurts us rather than helps us it takes forever (if at all) for them to correct.

What bugs have you reporrted? I'll see if I can get an update for you.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Let's start with an easy one...the Start button in team arena. You have to hunt around for just the right spot to click on or it won't start....this has been an issue pretty much since day 1. Then there's spire....bosses piling up so you can't even tell which level you're on. Not a biggie anymore since most people can sail through spire now, but I know this has been reported by many people. Various dungeons that lock you in when you're finished so you have to refresh to get out....trying to invite someone into xserver dungeon for devo once you're in the dungeon...., sometimes it lets them in, sometimes it doesn't...the list goes on. Really my point was that they never seem in a hurry to address issues that people who actually PLAY the game bring up, but if something benefits us, POOF it's gone in a heartbeat. Thanks ML, I'm sure it gets tiring for you reading and reporting the same things over and over again.

Comment

The weird thing about the offering chests is R2 didn't know about it until they got the maintenance notes. The other publisher must have been informed about it and forwarded it to the devs. We didn't see that as a game breaking bug, as some bugs that everyone keeps saying were 'beneficial' have been, so we ignored it.

As far as fixes go, dimension chests are a drop table item, so it's just a matter of changing a number or moving a decimal, which is probably what was 'bugged' about it in the first place. Some fixes, generally the lag related issues, would require the game be run on a different engine, which is unlikely to happen at this point in the life span. Sometimes a fix requires reworking the code, or it's been fixed already but the fix exists in a future patch, in which case those things are a toss up- they will either take a bit of time, or the code is so badly pieced together that the current devs can't figure it out. And then there's some issues that aren't bugs, they are just undesirable feedback items, such as world boss health, matching systems, and the like, but as those aren't bugged, there's nothing to fix.

If the list goes on, then let's go through that whole list. It's possible something's been missed that can actually be fixed. People don't usually come back to mention when something isn't an issue anymore, so old reports are generally avoided. I have been playing a bit, so I am more familiar with these areas than I use to be.

Spire boss pile up - that's lag. Do keep in mind that when I mention lag here, I mean the game, not you. I could tell the difference between the game's lag and my own lag. Lag isn't technically a bug, it's flaw in the design.

I've seen at least one note in an announcement that advised players not to join Cross Server MPDs that had already started because they are known to cause issues. The devs are aware, but it's probably not going to see a fix any time soon, and not because they don't want to, but probably because the devs don't know how to.

I would go out on a limb and say being locked into a dungeon is also lag related. That can't be recreated on demand, so it's impossible to test. If the devs can't test something to see exactly where it's going wrong, they don't know where the cause could be to even begin to fix it. However, if it is lag related, there's nothing the devs can do to fix it anyway.

The arena start button - that is a frequently forwarded issue I'm told, but it's elusive enough to not be encountered by the devs yet. I haven't run into that one personally, but the game GM assures me it is an issue, and that it gets forwarded on a regular basis, and so far nothing has come of those reports.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

ML, I understand what you are saying about the code. But I would bet money if a beneficial bug shows up that requires them to rework the code and is not that easy to fix, it will still be fixed in a heartbeat. I know beneficial bugs are always going to get fixed quicker than any other type of bug but that tells me they know how to fix anything in the game. They just pick and choose what they want to fix.

Comment

Beneficial as in everyone gets mass quantities of things for free and without any sort of effort by way of exploiting something that should not be able to be done? I would hope they would drop everything and figure those things out.

It's one thing for everyone to be equally disadvantaged because something doesn't work. It's an entirely different matter for the entire balance of the game to be thrown off because something works a little too well. Priorities are a thing, and while yes, they most likely absolutely could fix the arena start button, and the need to reproduce such an issue is ridiculous, and I am in no way defending the devs or making claims of competency, I am just trying to explain why some things are still an issue, even though some things have always been an issue, and other things tend to be fixed super quick. Some things are easy, some things are buried in the Frankenstein'd code, and other things won't even exist in a future patch so there's no need to fix it.

Comment

well i havnt seen any offerings in dimensions since they fixed this

so the drop rate is realy low or they messed up again

Comment

For me, beneficial means something that has been established and people are looking forward in doing that event/task that hands them out. Malice is the opposite when things all of a sudden are absent or the effort to get such items far outweighs the usefulness of such.

When the Rave Event first came out, I was happy with getting Mahra and Sepulcrum for the max rewards (when it was at 200 devo) because it would mean I can put in cows and deer in my pasture that can be generating the stuff needed. Also, Sylph Expedition were giving out small amounts of mahra after you clear (so basically, blitzing a 15 minute run will give you 60 mahra a day; even less for low levels) as does the Sky Trail in giving sepulcrum at random amounts (the only way to benefit is to take on the bosses and clear the stage). So, yes, the Rave Event had proven beneficial to me so I can do the events that called out for such. Now that the Rave event puts forth a different reward set as well as increased the bar for the same amount of rewards, I just put it on the shelf.

The imbalance is not through these events as the devs had put it. The imbalance happened when they put forth new content that urged spenders to get. We've haven't gotten any type of unlimited event since they removed such many patches ago. However, when new content came about and spenders spend for such, you can see the dividing line between spender and free player widening up.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Meikura speaks the truth.

The game itself is alienating players based on its design, because growth rates are different for spenders and non-spenders.
                  If you expect to move from 25m to 30m br, it could take you around 3 months as a light casual spender, for a free player to move from 25 to 30m it could take you a year or more.
                  So as the devs offer things that people splurge their money on, it just widens the gap.

It makes things harder for free players moving forward, and new players that R2/ other publishers are trying to recruit w/ new server launches, because you'll hit a player growth wall, without substantial spending. Yes part of it is fluff br, but as your fluffing you are reaping benefits in other areas as a result.

You rarely hear a big spender on the forums complain about anything, since most things are addressed by paying for it. Unless you cant login or didn't get your balens.

Comment

The arena start button - that is a frequently forwarded issue I'm told, but it's elusive enough to not be encountered by the devs yet. I haven't run into that one personally, but the game GM assures me it is an issue, and that it gets forwarded on a regular basis, and so far nothing has come of those reports.
                    I just skimmed and provided a little something to get the ball rolling on the discussion table before I took off to work. I took the time to read all thus far and now will make my statement to the fullest.

The Arena Start button issue is a very frequent one. How it escaped the developers' testing grounds is way beyond me. It's part of my reason (aside from mismatched fights) on why I only do 1 fight a week to get the 900 league insignia as there is no point in doing group arena; well, not for me. They need to quit lying (and quit making excuses) and just state that they have no way of testing other than the test servers they hand out the patches on. This way, I can understand that much better than trying to bang my head on something I will state in the next paragraph.

To this date, many have already know the module system I had made when it comes to diving into a server and playing the game (or helping out with issues that might be afoot with other players). Aside from others who might have some expertise in playing the game or how it goes (as well as certain fixes), I had wrote the book on many of these things. I take great pride in programming (even though my first computer languages were BASIC, Q-Basic, Pascal, and FORTRAN) that I am always saving a backup of the last known settings that worked. When I made a tweak (and I had to my module program), I always try to test it; if it works, then it gets updated and put into service; if it doesn't, I will look at my code to see where I had gone wrong and then either fix it and test it again or just remove the bit of code onto a notepad and analyze it to see what I am missing to make it work.

To me, the game is binary. It either does what it supposed to do or it doesn't. It's the same way when it comes to my program. I guess many years of quality assurance testing at the software, hardware, and firmware levels as well as time in the field of telecommunications/computer networking and applications in wanting to do an excellent job the first time around without giving up will do that to me. That is why sometimes, I go above in beyond in testing other things to ensure it wasn't my end that is having the problem.

This is only one of me we're talking about. 7Road/ProCity is a large company that has a lot of web application engineers and should have adequate number of testers as well. They should have a support channel where issues that are pressing should be at the top of the priority list. And, they should have knowledgeable staff that can route the issue to the appropriate gaming department. If this was my baby, I would like to know what is really wrong and would send out the techs to analyze the code to see what errors might be. Hell, if a patch brought forth problems, I would have rolled it back to the last known version that worked and let folks keep their mats/inventories (as I know they might have spend) until a fix is released for their use again.

If errors cannot be recreated due to luck of the draw, I will still keep a look out for such and probably get more detailed information from the affected player. I will not automatically dismiss something until no more complaints come in for it (and after then, I will do such as it might fix itself).
                    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

7Road is as affiliated with ProC as it is with R2. ProC and R2 are partners in publishing the English version of Wartune. 7Road is a tiny subsidiary of a much larger company, after having been sold twice, with the better talent being absorbed into other areas of that company, according to news articles from several years ago. I am not sure how many people still work in the 7Road group, but it's probably not as many people as you think.

The line 'they fix things that benefit players before they fix actual bugs' has followed fixes of major exploits that incorrectly rewarded excessive resources, but was never used in relation to changes in events or things being nerfed until the dimension offering chests. It was the exploits I was referring to, and I presumed the OP was referring to.

The topic was something was 'fixed', but other bugs were not. To be extra clear, the devs maintain it was a surprise event they only intended to run for a week, and they graciously extended it due to such positive feedback. Doesn't matter that no one believes that line, it's what they are sticking to. So, with that in mind, that wasn't a bug that was fixed, according to them. That brings us to just there's bugs that haven't been fixed.

My reply to that was to ask which bugs the OP specifically reported, so that we could discuss why they hadn't been fixed yet. I did that, in my honest way of providing information even though I know no one is going to read half of it, while wondering how I haven't been stripped of my title for some of the things I share. This thread wasn't about Rave, as that isn't bugged. It's not about the ever widening gap in BR or people's spending habits. Bugs are not a list of things we don't like, or a list of things we wish were done differently. It's also not about developers' overall abilities and how they go about testing, or pretending to test, things. They are their own company.

Dimension offering chests are also not bugged. Dimension offerings are still found in dimensions, but it's closer to a rate of maybe 1 or 2, with a chance of 0 and a chance of being super lucky and getting one in each room, and that's information from my own walking through dimensions looking for chests over the past week.

And now we're still back down to one non-lag related bug posted in this thread, which was already discussed.

Comment

Working...
                      X