Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, what is up with these "purchase limits"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, what is up with these "purchase limits"?

The game should not have any purchase limitations whatsoever. If folks have the "currency" to spend to their heart's content, I'd say let them. All these purchase limits do is hinder folks from developing further (and probably frustrate them).

Seriously, someone over there needs to grab whatever phone book they can find and take it to the "genius that thought of this"'s head.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

I agree, they really need to get rid of all the limits on everything. Maybe they think if we can spend it all at once, that we will not play as much. This is one of their ways to keep us coming back. Whatever the reason, limits need to go.

Come on people, let's see this post get a bunch of attention. Like the forum mod said, more people that post on stuff like this, better the chance it will get changed.

Comment

Yep, one of the dumbest things in the game....you've earned the rewards, but you can't spend them when you want. How does that make any sense?

Comment

Idea is to keep ppl from stacking those rewards in-case they add something new to shops... annoying, yeah but also makes sort of sense..

Comment

I am stacking up more currency than it can be spent. In the past few versions, there were no purchase limits, and people can spend to their heart's content in getting what they need without having to wait time until they are able to use such. It's more like an inventory waster if anything. I can say this for the shops like the guild shop and adv. guild shop where we have to buy the developing potions at a portion and keep them until we have enough to dispose of them into a skill.

The biggest amount of currency is the Outland Crystals where I can only buy 20 smelt stones a day. Probably to a guild/team that doesn't get much, it's okay, but to those of us who get 800 + whatever we get through CCW and the bonus, it sure does add up.

To me, the spending limits are a major turn off.

Comment

fang of fear for upgrading skills also nice... need 20 stacks for a skill

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
              I am stacking up more currency than it can be spent. In the past few versions, there were no purchase limits, and people can spend to their heart's content in getting what they need without having to wait time until they are able to use such. It's more like an inventory waster if anything. I can say this for the shops like the guild shop and adv. guild shop where we have to buy the developing potions at a portion and keep them until we have enough to dispose of them into a skill.

The biggest amount of currency is the Outland Crystals where I can only buy 20 smelt stones a day. Probably to a guild/team that doesn't get much, it's okay, but to those of us who get 800 + whatever we get through CCW and the bonus, it sure does add up.

To me, the spending limits are a major turn off.
              same ere guild invent stacking up with stuff

plz remove the purchase quota

Comment

this is my guess, but purchase limits are to create separation between spenders and non-spenders.

the reason why this is stated is because F2P players usually get smelt 20 at a time per day, while cashers are also limited to this effect, they get smelt also from Flash sales, Recharges, or Event Consumption. So in many ways the design was instituted as a "pay wall".

it was the same logic why they increased the event boxes cost for exchange for clothes/mounts because cashers were complaining they spent $250 for the event, while a F2P could get lucky and have the mount drop for free from their event boxes.

Comment

Takashi007x Isn't that what the Lucky Exchange is for? To get "lucky" on a draw like that?

It might be what you say there, but to me, it creates more frustration for the player to the point they want to quit the game. I mean, who wants to wait days or weeks just to get enough stuff bought out of their currency just so they can use the item that was bought? I know I am sitting on nearly 200k on Outland Crystals, but there will be days where I get to play the game for a few minutes; and there will be days where I do it within 1-2 hours of my time (that's how much I am devoting it until they fix it or make it better) that the rest of my time is spent with those outside the game.

Comment

Takashi007x Isn't that what the Lucky Exchange is for? To get "lucky" on a draw like that?

It might be what you say there, but to me, it creates more frustration for the player to the point they want to quit the game. I mean, who wants to wait days or weeks just to get enough stuff bought out of their currency just so they can use the item that was bought? I know I am sitting on nearly 200k on Outland Crystals, but there will be days where I get to play the game for a few minutes; and there will be days where I do it within 1-2 hours of my time (that's how much I am devoting it until they fix it or make it better) that the rest of my time is spent with those outside the game.
                    You are going to thank yourself when it comes to that amount of chrystals.
                    Once you are KH you need tons of tattoo-engraving stones and they cost 1500 a piece. And you need tons upon tons of them. I say, hold on to these christals for deer life. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Buuurman View Post

You are going to thank yourself when it comes to that amount of chrystals.
                      Once you are KH you need tons of tattoo-engraving stones and they cost 1500 a piece. And you need tons upon tons of them. I say, hold on to these christals for deer life. :P
                      Don't get me started on engraving stones...it's a joke. Saved up for about a month, had enough crystals to get about 30 stones....decided to try my luck last nite....big mistake. My goal was to switch the 2nd slot from level 10 def to level 10 strength. After 15 tries I ended up with level 6 strength due to failures/useless stat popping up. They really, really either need to lower the cost of the stones or better yet have another chest exchange for engraving stones. They did it once a long time ago and a lot of the huge spenders were able max all their stats. Those of us who don't spend alot (or at all) don't have a chance of ever catching up just by saving crystals.

Comment

I know what you mean, but if you think about the changes they've made to hot events over the course of the game, it has alienated free 2 play players significantly.

If you're a casher the events will always reward/give you what you need as long as you can open your wallet. It is the cashers who complained why they are spending the $200 for the hot event and while the F2P player doesn't have to which led to these changes originally for event boxes, since event boxes used to drop clothes, wings and mounts under 1 box type.

This is a "war" pvp game, how else will separation occur? Everything that is limited ofc affects the casher as well. But Cashers have other ways of getting those items also.
                        The F2P has limited means and resources to get to that point.

It is frustrating, but the game has gone the way of the cash. If someone is dropping $10k-$25k a year on this game, they would want to make sure they are always in the top 10 of the game for the amount of money they drop, if a F2P was able to get even into the top 20 or 50, that would just aggravate the big spender, and probably lead them to stop or quit.
                        So yes, it is frustrating, but this is how the logic of the game has become. The game would be much more fun if it it wasn't as greedy.

clicker, Buuurman
                        Engraving stones are a pain, and from what I remember there was 1 or 2 flash sales for them.
                        This was the only way many players were able to max or finish engraving. I dont think there is any F2P that has finished all 4 slots.

Comment

I know what you mean, but if you think about the changes they've made to hot events over the course of the game, it has alienated free 2 play players significantly.

If you're a casher the events will always reward/give you what you need as long as you can open your wallet. It is the cashers who complained why they are spending the $200 for the hot event and while the F2P player doesn't have to which led to these changes originally for event boxes, since event boxes used to drop clothes, wings and mounts under 1 box type.

This is a "war" pvp game, how else will separation occur? Everything that is limited ofc affects the casher as well. But Cashers have other ways of getting those items also.
                          The F2P has limited means and resources to get to that point.

It is frustrating, but the game has gone the way of the cash. If someone is dropping $10k-$25k a year on this game, they would want to make sure they are always in the top 10 of the game for the amount of money they drop, if a F2P was able to get even into the top 20 or 50, that would just aggravate the big spender, and probably lead them to stop or quit.
                          So yes, it is frustrating, but this is how the logic of the game has become. The game would be much more fun if it it wasn't as greedy.

clicker, Buuurman
                          Engraving stones are a pain, and from what I remember there was 1 or 2 flash sales for them.
                          This was the only way many players were able to max or finish engraving. I dont think there is any F2P that has finished all 4 slots.

Comment

Takashi007x Yep, it sure does. Thing is, in the past, this was never a problem. Thankfully, they (the devs) made it possible to get more inventory vault space, else I am going to watch a bunch of folks getting perturbed about losing all their contributions in one go since they cannot buy stuff en masse like before (when there were no limits) to zero out their sitting contribs before getting kicked and re-entering just to keep their mail inventory refreshed.

This also slows down on any "benefit" a guild would have on their members because they can only donate on what they can spend on (again, limits) or risk losing all when they leave (as it doesn't carry on to the next guild or when they re-apply), per day. So, if we're to save on guild time vault, it's going to be a slow process because no member is going to drop 1mil contribs (1billion) gold and expect to get some kind of return to their investment should they have to clear out.

Anyway, I am going to leave this here to prove my point that we need those limits lifted and gone!

Caution: Try not to gawk.

Comment

Working...
                            X