No announcement yet.

calculations why not have them public ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calculations why not have them public ?

oke .. then the question rises .. what calculation hero trial uses .. as results of fights seems random at best .. it would only be fair as fights are afk to let us do the math for ourselfs

I don't think it's a calculation, I think it's actually simulating an afk battle between you. If you look at the winner, you'll see they sometimes have full health, and other times very little, so it's clearly doing something beyond a simple "is BR > opponent" or something like that.
    Also, you'll notice that closely matched fighters will take slightly longer to resolve the fight than when there's a wide disparity.
    So, not something you can reasonably do the math on yourself, plus there are random factors involved anyway.

Comment

It is exactly that, MrFancyPants. The AI fights for you behind the scenes. Win streak will also factor into that fight, if either has a win streak. The higher the win streak, the higher the fatigue points, the greater the BR reduction, and thus the likelihood of someone who might not have otherwise winning the fight.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

well it clearly says its a calculation in description of the event ..

if its an Ai based fight .. then improve ur Ai .. as it loses fights i normaly would win with eyes closed .. so i am smarter then ur ai even without looking ? .. and well then what considerations ur ai takes to use what skills .. if u want to put it that way (heal below .. att when .. sylph when shield when? ) then explain the thinking of ur ai instead of its calculation (as a normal thinking being would consider diffent actions on each each time suiting the situation)

and as last point if u simulate things behind the scenes for us .. why not have the whole event behind the scenes and just mail us daily a reward u calculated for us ..
        isnt that even a tos intrusion .. as we not allowed to share/sell our toon .. so why ur ai is allowed to share/buy in on my fighting ..
        Last edited by demoniced; 11-07-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

You should be performing about as well as you would in Cloud Adventure, when you face yourself. Your opponent could have inspired. You could have already won a few fights and now are fatigued.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

memory .. u used to have more factual answers

its not the case .. 20 mill and lose to 13 mill br .. is hardly possible ..

i dont see what the self battleing has to do with it .. as i cant be on both teams .. would be nice as thats makes then win lose of team obsoleet .. if u imply it uses that *ai smarts* to do battle as in cloud .. then i rather not want to use the stupid ai at all .. as in cloud succesrate is about 100% in favor of real player .. as ai is totaly predictable in there .. btw what happens if u lose in cloud ?? i really dont know

too argue that the ai is borderline stupid .. then look at wild fights with 2 ppl about same br .. here the active player always wins a plunder as the inactive defender dont anticipate the skill usage and can plunder eachother for weeks winning all attacks and losing all defences

yeah he could .. if he used balens .. he dont .. same as i dont .. so its a non factor

ofc there is the fatique but with no wins on both at that specific time .. its also a non factor

so the calculation please .. or the ai considerations on what skills when .. and ofc the deviations of the consideration on specifics of that what opponents ai chooses

and if there is no primary or secondairy consideration of skills ai uses .. like in cloud and wild and fightsscenes like that then i would consider renaming ur ai .. to the sound a donkey makes .. ia .. its almost the same thou 1000 % more accurate
            Last edited by demoniced; 11-08-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

The AI in fights has never been very good, but since both players are stuck with it, it evens out. And weaker players can definitely get lucky - I've seen it happen plenty of times, especially if a reflect triggers while the player is shielded, so they don't die but the attacker does. And that's in arena, where it's actual players on both sides. 20 mil losing to 13 mil is very possible, just not all that likely, and it's going to be pretty rare.

Comment

lots of if and maybes and other speculations .. thats why the first point of making it public so we can consider the stupidity as they not show anything in any way .. .. and till now score of doing that equals 0

Comment

AI afk will use all usless skills and runes if they are equiped in the wrong order and out of time. Go to ms and test for yourself in afk mode.

To have a good afk ai set up remove all runes but your heal rune, equip only rage gain and delphics skills to your toon. You will get a lot better results.
                  DM S9 Kabumu

Comment

so we have to strip down the options we give ai for good results .. dont that show that ai isnt worthy of competing in an event based setting on our behalve .. its booring enough we have to face it in the non events as our non opponent
                    Last edited by demoniced; 11-10-2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

It could be worse. You could have to actually fight, with loading screens and the potential for someone your own size, instead of just making a point to click on a circle while watching a video or show of something more interesting.

This event is awful, but the AI isn't the reason why it's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                        It could be worse. You could have to actually fight
                        why is that worse .. i would say make it happen or are u so proud of heading a forum of a boring background game

This event is awful, but the AI isn't the reason why it's awful.
                        agree it hase even more awfull aspects too it .. thou that is not the point ..

and still no answers on the point made .. how it calculate its wierds win lose *ia-fights*

Comment

Originally posted by demoniced View Post

why is that worse .. i would say make it happen or are u so proud of heading a forum of a boring background game

agree it hase even more awfull aspects too it .. thou that is not the point ..

and still no answers on the point made .. how it calculate its wierds win lose *ia-fights*
                          How would it be worse? It's a 20 minute event where the goal is to get as many points as possible. If you're tied up in 5+ minute fights, you're not getting any points, plus you're holding up the line following behind you, which means no one is getting points. Or, the more likely scenario, all the big people purposefully avoid each other in the interest of time, and aim for only the little people, which sounds just like all of the other events.

It's not possible to tell you how your weird fights are being calculated. You can view first hand how the AI runs you while you are fighting by going to any place where you fight your own self, or while using AFK mode. Now factor in the other variables, such as fatigue for both sides and a possibility of inspiring, skill set up, and so on. I watched one person die to another until that other person was at a win streak of +15 or so, and then that person would win. I watched another that could win against a different person around a win streak of +5. Fatigue makes a big difference. The higher the win streak, the more fatigue there is, and fatigue makes you weaker.

As for the factual answer you want - That's about as factual as you are going to get.

Comment

How would it be worse? It's a 20 minute event where the goal is to get as many points as possible. If you're tied up in 5+ minute fights, you're not getting any points, plus you're holding up the line following behind you, which means no one is getting points.
                            well let them pass and face next one of the other side .. adjust points gained if u able to make it to other side and not fast fight opponents all 20 min .. (would be even better if skip cutscenes start and end of battle) as that makes up most of the 5 min u descripe in battles ..

Or, the more likely scenario, all the big people purposefully avoid each other in the interest of time, and aim for only the little people, which sounds just like all of the other events.
                            isnt that the case now .. see top avoiding top .. sub top trying drop just in lane intime on to kill smallers following top avoiding sub top other side as best as can ..

It's not possible to tell you how your weird fights are being calculated. You can view first hand how the AI runs you while you are fighting by going to any place where you fight your own self, or while using AFK mode. Now factor in the other variables, such as fatigue for both sides and a possibility of inspiring, skill set up, and so on. I watched one person die to another until that other person was at a win streak of +15 or so, and then that person would win. I watched another that could win against a different person around a win streak of +5. Fatigue makes a big difference. The higher the win streak, the more fatigue there is, and fatigue makes you weaker.

As for the factual answer you want - That's about as factual as you are going to get.
                            going to test ur hypothesis .. without the extra little factors fatique and inspireing could make

doubtfull for now on its consideration of skillsets .. as full offence too full defence+impossible heals in same event didnt make any diffrence in outcome won same lost same (or dont it consider change one makes during (in - out - in ) and takes the skills at given point in time .. then when ? )
                            Last edited by demoniced; 11-11-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Actually having to fight it out would be pointless, since it would almost certainly devolve into everyone from each side avoiding each other completely, given the rewards for a win would be vastly lower than just walking across. Even more boring than it is now, in other words.

Comment

Working...
                              X