Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by winlord View Post
    That's with WC on, so... gtfo.
    The only one who really has 90k+ BR without WC is AYAZ from S40 who currently stands tall at 92k
    ahh sorry my bad...&AYAZ& actually not "AYAZ"

Comment

• Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
      That is indeed a very interesting looking mage
      Yea very intersting *hmmm*

Comment

• Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
        That is indeed a very interesting looking mage
        Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
        EDIT: I changed title so it can be any class! (I woudln't wanna see only mages, I would feel down D

How can I change thread name?D:
        Not just mages, as you can see...

Comment

• Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
          u da boss, sauce

Comment

• Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
            I missed that post, my bad ^^
            Blizzarea
            S147
            Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

• So Creamy & I are rapidly approaching level 50...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Creamy.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1669644

Name:	Ginger.png
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1669645

Watch this space for the final numbers! ^_^
              Last edited by GingerTheHutt; 05-30-2013, 08:56 AM.
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
                a crit mage need to use refine slots, astrals slots and possibly gem slots as well.
                This makes a lvl 59 mage the astrals ; matt, crit, pdef, mdef/goddess & determination.

You're losing out on a lot of defence when you take out those refines/gems & that one defensive astral.

What we also must keep in mind that a lvl 6 EWD makes hits 130%. While a crit with same lvl Determination (orange) makes 180% dmg.
                So with this you must hit more than 1 crit for each 3rd hit to make up for dmg (3*130%=390% > 1*180%+2*100%=380%).

The problem with crit mages is that since mages doesn't have this extra critical rate in built in skills like archers do, it's not so often a crit mage crit.

I've fought some crit mages, and IMO they don't make a critical hit every 3rd turn or better, i get the feeling it's closer to once every 4th/5th turn.

Also keep in mind that the better lvl of EWD, the more you need to crit to keep up with it. lvl 10 EWD = 50% extra dmg.
                2*150%=300% 1*200%+100%= 300%. With a lvl 10 EWD the mage need to crit every 2nd turn to keep up with EWD in dmg.

And this is only dmg wise, a crit mage is weaker in defence due to the need of critical gems&refines.

I hope this helped.

(Personal opinion EWD > Crit. I've played long and I've always had the feeling that stable > random. Also good defence > not as good defence).

Cheers
                i completely agree with everything u say but there is a small BUT

this doesnt count for WB. I myself have a level 6 EWD and yesterday i tried level 4 yellow crit astral with level 4 purple determination and 8 level 4 crit gems

i got myself to 1560 crit rate and i was critting almost every hit on WB. I managed to do a get a lot more gold from the WB.

Yes its bother to switch ur astrals and gems but it definetly pays off, the extra gold and daru is worth it (at least for me)

as for pvp i dont think crit will be ever worth it for a mage

Comment

• ah yes, I'll add, this ofcourse doesnt count on WB where you've a higher rate of crit hits than normal
                  S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                  Mage: Existence (G.M)
                  BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

• Crit vastly pwns EWD in wb.. i use 3 orange crit + deter and i make more then with my 6 ewd (But EWD pwns so much more everywhere else its worth to keep using it and crit makes me so much gold i got it for wb)

Comment

• I am a lvl 50 mage, but i am rly bad at this game. can someone help me? I am ElementKing on s126

Comment

• Originally posted by crap12 View Post
                        I am a lvl 50 mage, but i am rly bad at this game. can someone help me? I am ElementKing on s126
                        Difficult to help when you haven't "Shared Your Mage."

Just sayin' ....
                        Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

• Uh.. First time playing as a mage and using ginger's guide to slow leveling with 0 balens on my char ( which is rare ) but i got to admit playing w/o any balens feels refreshing and takes more effort which is not a bad feeling.

Name:	mage.JPG
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1669657

Comment

• This is my mage, offline for a while..

Comment

• Originally posted by darrylim View Post
                              Uh.. First time playing as a mage and using ginger's guide to slow leveling with 0 balens on my char ( which is rare ) but i got to admit playing w/o any balens feels refreshing and takes more effort which is not a bad feeling.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42591[/ATTACH]
                              Looking good!

Playing on a new server? or an old one?
                              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                                Looking good!

Playing on a new server? or an old one?
                                Thanks ginger! It's on oceanic 10days + new server 237. Trying real hard to not lvling to 39 lol

Comment

Working...
                                X