Views:	1
Size:	484.9 KB
ID:	1673276
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Hand 8_17.png
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	1673277

Here is my Mage, currently I am rocking the WD but it is very tempting to switch over to Sniper+Determination. I know that WD is better for PVP but is that the only reason?

Thank you in advance

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Mage1.png
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	1673281Click image for larger version

Name:	mage2.png
Size:	425.7 KB
ID:	1673282

Still a lot of work to do =)
        *looney mage addict*

Nyx
        lvl80 Mage
        S444 Silent Arena

Comment

• Originally posted by R214332983 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]51484[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]51485[/ATTACH]

Here is my Mage, currently I am rocking the WD but it is very tempting to switch over to Sniper+Determination. I know that WD is better for PVP but is that the only reason?

Thank you in advance
          Yes PvP is pretty much the only reason to stay with WD/tankie mage build. Given that PvP is a HUGE part of the game tho it's a pretty big reason. I'm at about 3k crit right now and nowhere close to a "tankie" mage but I stick with the crit build and do "decent" in PvP. That's at about 74k BR however and against true "tankie" WD mages I am at the mercy of my crit chance. I'm stubborn though so I stay with it and am hoping to bump up to around 3.7k crit within the next month.
          Patryn
          Twisted
          S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
          "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

• just meet a 4k + mage ... in bg ... he smashed me in 50% with a crit thunderer ... and after that i fight him again but his luck has finished and got +200 honor because of no crit ... so yes crit is awesome... ***** awesome .. but only when you crit ) else ...

Comment

• Originally posted by symedia View Post
              just meet a 4k + mage ... in bg ... he smashed me in 50% with a crit thunderer ... and after that i fight him again but his luck has finished and got +200 honor because of no crit ... so yes crit is awesome... ***** awesome .. but only when you crit ) else ...
              Yeah this is exactly what I was talking about. If I time brut rune/50% timer/Thunderer correctly I can pull off some HUGE crits against people with similar BR (25-30k+ against mages and around 35-40k+ against knights/archers) but unless I hit that crit I'm just kind of sitting there like a moron hoping my Block astral can mitigate enough damage to keep me alive or my Thunderer slowed them so I have enough time to build rage for another Thunderer.

Another big factor is RoF crits. They can mean the difference between 2 or 3 rounds of troop clearing at 70+ as well as dropping a knight or archer who is at low health right before they turn me into paste with their Dephic.
              Last edited by FarrelBrown; 08-17-2013, 12:50 PM.
              Patryn
              Twisted
              S130 Dragonmar

Comment

• yeah the rof with crit is awesome ... when you get over 4k tell me how it works. maybe i`ll get back to full crit again.

Comment

• Originally posted by symedia View Post
                  yeah the rof with crit is awesome ... when you get over 4k tell me how it works. maybe i`ll get back to full crit again.
                  Well It'll be a while for me to get there but the top mage on my server has just over 4k crit and he crits pretty regularly. The only real problem is that unless you are equal or higher level than your target your effective crit rating takes a passive hit. Not sure on the specifics of the hidden numbers but it works pretty much the same as passive damage reduction for level difference.
                  Patryn
                  Twisted
                  S130 Dragonmar

Comment

• Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
                    Well It'll be a while for me to get there but the top mage on my server has just over 4k crit and he crits pretty regularly. The only real problem is that unless you are equal or higher level than your target your effective crit rating takes a passive hit. Not sure on the specifics of the hidden numbers but it works pretty much the same as passive damage reduction for level difference.
                    so if you fight people higher level than you, you have lower chance to crit?

Comment

• Originally posted by xehoo View Post
                      so if you fight people higher level than you, you have lower chance to crit?
                      Exactly. It works in reverse as well. If you are higher level than your target your crit chance is passively increased. Same thing for damage. You can see it pretty easily with the new BG brackets as well as in MPs (you will crit much more often in GoD than DT NM if you are level 65).
                      Patryn
                      Twisted
                      S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Exactly. It works in reverse as well. If you are higher level than your target your crit chance is passively increased. Same thing for damage. You can see it pretty easily with the new BG brackets as well as in MPs (you will crit much more often in GoD than DT NM if you are level 65).
                        does this apply for block too?

Comment

• Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                          does this apply for block too?
                          I honestly don't know if block has the same passive level difference effects on it.
                          Patryn
                          Twisted
                          S130 Dragonmar

Comment

I honestly don't know if block has the same passive level difference effects on it.
                            The last time i tried with 3.2k it doesn't seem to make any difference. Will update on here when i'm free to test it out again

Comment

• Still leveling at full pace (22 days so far), Kabam S32

Click image for larger version

Name:	rivx.png
Size:	585.9 KB
ID:	1673292
                              Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
                              Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

• Some ppl are just to lazy to do astral
                                AeonFlux
                                Mage
                                S3 Worg Lair Europe
                                OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Comment

Working...
                                X