Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Share your mage.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if he has crit on his mage, and does NOT crit, it does 100k. if it crits it does 200k. With EWD it does 160k. He's saying if he doesnt hit crits 60% of the time, overall you get more dmg with will destroyer. you need to re-read what he wrote because its kinda clear what he was saying lol.
    Yep and that implies that with EWD he does 60% more average damage than non-crit without it. I assumed he has a decently high sample size, because he's using it to estimate the required crit chance.

What I'm trying to say is that it was probably 140k or something, which means you need 40% crit chance to get an overall damage increase.

Stormywitch form server 135 (Stonevale)
    You got lvl 7 matk yet no points for red pdef? oO
    Also, no crit astrals for wb?
    Last edited by d07.RiV; 10-02-2013, 06:26 PM.
    Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
    Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

• Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
      Yep and that implies that with EWD he does 60% more average damage than non-crit without it. I assumed he has a decently high sample size, because he's using it to estimate the required crit chance.
      no............... it MEANS when you have EWD on you get that dmg 100% of the time. When you have crit you DO NOT crit 100% of the time. So for every NON-CRIT you hit it is LESS DMG than EWD. So if you have a 50% crit rate (meaning all of your attacks only crit half the time) the other half of the time you are doing LESS dmg than you could with a will destroyer. So hes saying, if crits less than 60% of the time (Only 40% of his attack actually crit) He will get more dmg with EWD which adds to EVERY attack EVERY time.

He at no point said EWD does 60% more dmg. He said he would need to crit 60% for it to equal EWD. Those dmg totals are also counting the vulcann rune in spire.

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
      What I'm trying to say is that it was probably 140k or something, which means you need 40% crit chance to get an overall damage increase.
      what you did say was:

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
      How do you get a 60% EWD oO
      Last edited by bleedingxorange; 10-02-2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• I see what you guys are saying, and I admit I was scratching my head at it as well.

If I do 100K w/ Vulcan (+200% Damage), and 160K w/ EWD & Vulcan, it makes it look like EWD is doing a 60% increase, but it's not.

MAtk = ~28,000. Thunderer = 295% Damage + 25% QTE.

Base Damage Crit Mode (Non-Crit) = ~90,000
        Base Damage EWD Mode = ~120,000

Damage after Target Defense Factors apply:
        Base Damage Crit Mode (Non-Crit) = ~34,000
        Base Damage EWD Mode = ~54,000

34,000 + 200% Damage for Vulcan = ~102,000
        54,000 + 200% Damage for Vulcan = ~162,000

I don't know why one mathematically drops 56,000 Pts off Raw Damage where the other drops 66,000 Pts off Raw Damage. I can only think there's some form of Damage Reduction % being applied that takes place either before or after the target's MDef is applied.

%s stack on top of %s sometimes, and you have to always question the order of operations taking place. Look at DR. I have 24% DR From Goddess Blessing. 20% DR From Medal. 8% DR from Talent. That's 52% DR Right there in PvP, Still a hefty 32% in PvE. In Theory, that 90% Reducer in Spire should outright negate any damage, but it doesn't. Similarly, my Shield Rune does only a fraction of the reduction it would if it were stacked with all my Item / Talent DR while in PvP.

My #s weren't a misprint or taken from a small sample. I kept track of over 40 Thunderers across half a dozen Spire attempts both with Crit (+30% Deter) and EWD (+35%) since the Academy Blessing came in.

Comment

• I finalised my br for the event
          Click image for larger version

Name:	BR efter fixat allt till event. base 81526.png
Views:	1
Size:	654.7 KB
ID:	1675872

Now just want those bloody rewards, like, this year maybe-.-'
          S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
          Mage: Existence (G.M)
          BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorich View Post
            I see what you guys are saying, and I admit I was scratching my head at it as well.

If I do 100K w/ Vulcan (+200% Damage), and 160K w/ EWD & Vulcan, it makes it look like EWD is doing a 60% increase, but it's not.
            its because EWD increase all dmg. If you have the lvl 60 pve set that give +500 dmg thats increased, skills also do a % + base dmg were that base dmg is increased. Also dont forgot all dmg is +-10%. I am also pretty sure the QTE is after all the dmg increases which makes it end up being more.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleedingxorange View Post
              its because EWD increase all dmg. If you have the lvl 60 pve set that give +500 dmg thats increased, skills also do a % + base dmg were that base dmg is increased. Also dont forgot all dmg is +-10%. I am also pretty sure the QTE is after all the dmg increases which makes it end up being more.
              That's what I'd surmised.

From what I've been seeing, Critting w/ a 30% Determination will Double your non-Crit Damage

EWD seems to give a benefit nearly 1.75x the indicated # compared to non-EWD, non-Crit damage. At least it has for me. So yeah, my L7 EWD, while saying 35%, often appears to do as much as 50%-60% more in many instances than a non-Crit attack without EWD. It's why I feel that the only place I should be using Crit is in WB fights, because the Crit-Rate is so high in there. Everywhere else, I get equal or better overall results with EWD, and loads more consistency.

Comment

• Finally getting somewhat happy with my setup, so i guess i will post, for the first time

Name:	stats.png
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	1675928 Click image for larger version

Name:	talent.png
Size:	553.4 KB
ID:	1675929

Name:	astrals.png
Size:	458.6 KB
ID:	1675926Click image for larger version

Name:	mount.png
Size:	483.5 KB
ID:	1675927

No big upgrades left till full 70 set in 2 months i guess...astrals gb and block are going up as well

I dont particularily need mdef for anything other than ga and cw, which is why it is so low(comparatively) no gems used...i switch to mdef/block from pdef/crit for cw
                Last edited by gruntar; 10-05-2013, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Astrall.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1675934Click image for larger version

Name:	Stable.jpg
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1675935Click image for larger version

Name:	State.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1675936Click image for larger version

Name:	Talent.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	1675937

New Update for my Mage

Server 53 Europe

Comment

• Really Very good and Amazing

Comment

• 80k base update

Name:	80k astrals.PNG
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	1675938Click image for larger version

Name:	80k+ update.PNG
Size:	328.5 KB
ID:	1675939

Name:	3650 mount update.PNG
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	1675940
                      P.S: the mount is all free , I am aiming for 4.5k+ mount strength this month, without a dime spent on it (3650 atm)

Comment

• Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                        80k base update
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]57828[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57829[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]57830[/ATTACH]
                        P.S: the mount is all free , I am aiming for 4.5k+ mount strength this month, without a dime spent on it (3650 atm)

Very nice and good

Comment

• Update! Almost full lvl50 legendary and finally IC rank ^_^

Name:	BRp2.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1675949
                          *looney mage addict*

Nyx
                          lvl80 Mage
                          S444 Silent Arena

Comment

• impressive mages here!
                            making me feel like a squashed bug
                            ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
                            Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
                            My pathetic youtube channel
                            -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

• Originally posted by Linazz View Post
                              impressive mages here!
                              making me feel like a squashed bug
                              Says the guy who won a cw:P

Comment

• Your mage is more impressive than ours!
                                maybe should've continued on greedy >:
                                S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                                Mage: Existence (G.M)
                                BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Working...
                                X