Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Share your mage.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i said IF u have fed pet do that or this. but seeing a mage with block hurts me...hp astral is way worse :/ % astrals are way better
    Originally posted by TheVictorious
    Is this "soon" like additional spot in farm or homestead? :P
    Originally posted by PunkPetal
    Did same to me, is embarrassing when u tthrow everything but the kitchen sink, and they sit casting rof
    Originally posted by EdGrr
    A life of frustration is inevitable for any player whose main enjoyment is winning and staying at the top.
    IGN: Dragon Soul Warlock DanteMugetsu
    Guild: #1 European Mighty Guild KINGSoKong
    Server: Kongregate Europe 3 a.k.a Kong S5
    Class: Mage
    Currect Br: 61????

Comment

• isnt block a % astral?

giving you X% chance to reduce damage by Y% ?

if EGB is 100% chance to reduce dmg by __%, and illusion is __% chance to reduce dmg by 100% then block is something in between.
      Last edited by mageheal50; 02-06-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
        isnt block a % astral?

giving you X% chance to reduce damage by Y% ?

if EGB is 100% chance to reduce dmg by __%, and illusion is __% chance to reduce dmg by 100% then block is something in between.
        reds are called stat astrals while oranges % astrals. ofc everything in this game has random percentage and luck for everything including block
        Did same to me, is embarrassing when u tthrow everything but the kitchen sink, and they sit casting rof
        A life of frustration is inevitable for any player whose main enjoyment is winning and staying at the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanteMugetsu View Post
          well i said IF u have fed pet do that or this. but seeing a mage with block hurts me...hp astral is way worse :/ % astrals are way better
          I like my block ^^ works not bad for me,much better then ilusion for sure how often your ilus give efect?
          ABout hp, i agree and i will switch this to deflection prolly... Then only w8 for your 130k crit gaia delphic ^^

_________

Crit Mage 80v
          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

• Originally posted by DanteMugetsu View Post
            well i said IF u have fed pet do that or this. but seeing a mage with block hurts me...hp astral is way worse :/ % astrals are way better
            just when and I wanted to focus on my block I hear so many bad things about it, is it block that bad? because from my understanding block is much better than illusion

Comment

• I ♥ my block.

It is way better than Illusion in my opinion.
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• lv 5 illusion never activates is it even really worthy?lol

Comment

• ive seen it activate at lvl 5, im using it while waiting for EGB to appear in astral. WB it works for 1 instance. In GB ward tower it also works. In group arena it works. You will notice the small number "1" popup a few times when people use their aoe.

i've tried an orange block b4 this illusion astral. It also works, i noticed the more frequent blocks. I fed my orange block to illusion cuz i think illusion is more fun.
                  Last edited by mageheal50; 02-06-2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• @_@ what happened to the discussion?
                    Anyways, I've tried both block and illusion. Its fun to see illusion proc on archer's sniper and such.
                    Block on the other hand doesn't reduce the dmg to 1 but with its proc rate, I believe its useful in long fights and has saved me from a lot of knight's delphs.

As for hp, I'll replace it when I get dark. Just not now, I want to have 100K hp at least. ^^
                    :o Bacon FTW :o
                    Kabam s1- Mage
                    Guild-Derpicorns

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorisnor View Post
                      @_@ what happened to the discussion?
                      Anyways, I've tried both block and illusion. Its fun to see illusion proc on archer's sniper and such.
                      Block on the other hand doesn't reduce the dmg to 1 but with its proc rate, I believe its useful in long fights and has saved me from a lot of knight's delphs.

As for hp, I'll replace it when I get dark. Just not now, I want to have 100K hp at least. ^^
                      Zeref and darrly happen xD
                      That much i hate when see working ilusion and this '1'dmg is not enuff to use this astromuch better profit give deflection which will be soon my astro on hp spot, specialy with my pdef^^

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                      ~135k Br

_________

Comment

• well in the place where i am block doesnt win games (cw mostly) while a lucky illu proc can save you. deflection is a nice astral if you have better br than your opponent, if both die from deflection higher br wins. all who support block tell what did you sacrifice for it to proc in a nice time for you? 8 refine stats, 1 astral spot and maybe gems. well for high crit mage, (i dont even refer to wd mages, i feel they will change to crit sooner rather than later) block doesnt have a place. anyone can go with what he/she feels right for his toon. i just shared my opinion (best for me to not follow it, i will beat u easier :P ) illu 8 proced nice for me while a mere 2.5k block didnt

Comment

• As far as non-DEF survival astrals go, my opinion is:
                          For a mostly EWD environment -- RGB > Block > Illusion
                          For PvE and high-crit PvP environments -- RGB > EGA > Block > Illusion

Block is obviously a stat, but it works like a percentage astral. The higher the stat, the better your block rate will be. I think each block reduces damage taken by 50% +/- a float % value that I'm not totally sure of. Especially for IC/LD players, I think the block rate you get with a decent astral makes it better than Illusion.

Deflection isn't a survival astral, but it does get interchanged with a lot of the survival ones. I used it for a couple months, but just couldn't get into it.

Comment

• It's probably fair to mention that even though I made those recommendations, I'm lazy and forgetful, so I generally just run lvl 7 Block and lvl 8 Illusion.

Comment

• You are just lucky with this ilu^^ last time in (how much time we meet on ga?) Arena i saw '1'dmg pritty often, however my friend was walk with ilu v9 long time and this dosnt work at allMaybe they fix rate and u are lucky who take profits from it
                              Deflection, ofc - higher br win when both die but i dont want look at it as 'last chance' astro
                              And Guard angel...u use it? Remember, once we test your rate in bg, No diff at all or even higher was when i put my GA we can talk like that long time, i cant say u are somwhere wrong but we play on diffrent areas^^ and hard to compare it When i get your br,prolly will falow your build but right now it will works bad for me^^

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                              ~135k Br

_________

Comment

• yeah i wonder why.. deflect is an offensive astral so you switch it with another offense astral, unless you are going for more offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X