Eudaem Domain Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eudaem Domain Issue

If a player register without kids and sylphs, R2 should not allow them equipped with kids in fight or put players without kids in the same group.. Otherwise, a 40m+ guy could fight against 8 or 9m guy. whats the points?

I've already addressed this in a ticket, and was told it will be fixed. Not when. Not how. Those are alarm bells. It keeps happening. A lot.

While this is waiting to be addressed, today, again, I just got destroyed quickly by a player with less than a third of my BR, about half the BR of my Eud...so says the screen matching us up. And, of course, as happens daily now, that player won 1st Place for the day. Under 1.6M BR, beating up on players in the 5M-6M range, and, seeing it for myself, it wasn't even close, I was beaten badly. If this player's Eud was 100% of that BR (and it's impossible to be so), I should still have won that round today handily.

And we're supposed to wager with an exploit like this in the game? I thought exploits were against the rules. And, in the past, I thought such loopholes, when found, were addressed promptly and completely. Or is it that Wartune isn't losing real money here, so can wait on fixing this? Do they think they're making some casher happy somewhere, and the rest don't matter? I don't know.

Sure, there have to be losers in Eud Domain. 15 out of 16 of us, daily. And, I'm not complaining just because most days I'm one of them. It happens. But, people intentionally using and getting away with an exploit are cheaters, and it's not a fair fight. There are enough issues in this game, and letting cheaters get rewarded without stopping them is one sure way to drive more away from playing.

Not cool. None of this is. Maybe by saying something in public in the forum they might deign to make this more of a priority.

Pull the event and fix it. We know if you really want to do something, it happens, and can happen fast. Fix it by matching Euds. Why you would ever be matching anything else in a contest that only has Eudaemons in it in the first place is totally beyond me. When you register, it should be with your roster for the matchup, and those specific Eudaemons should be required to be used, none others, so nobody can figure out even more ways to cheat.

Comment

manipulating br for better rewards has been in the game for years and years, where have you been? its a viable strategy, think of it this way, if the top 16 were matched up with each other, that means the 17th best player will win his bracket, while the second best player could be out in the first round, how is that fair? lets go down even farther, is it fair the 129th best player to win a bracket while the 13th best player is dead last in his? learn to play within the rules given and you can improve your rewards, that is what domain is all about

Comment

another great thing is that you only can sign up after and not before in case you forget to do after

Comment

Manipulating for rewards is not only an exploit but a **** move. It's no different than the "one size fits all" method used in Group Arena where you matched up the Cliffords with all the puppies (or using a Lambo when a race calls for only Yugos) instead of pitting the Cliffords with the Cliffords and the puppies with the puppies to make it fair.

Okay, now I see an anomaly with your statement, denny. How there could be a 17th if the tourney can hold 16? If we are talking about rankings at the cross platform level, then okay, let's do that. If the 17th player has won his bracket, and 2nd best has not, it's because 17th has done something right to keep in the fight whereas 2nd made a wrong move that cost them the fight. And that would be the fair aspect of it.

However, if we get folks who "cheat" they way in by going into the lower brackets by stripping before registering, then it is not "fair" to those who wanted an even fight that relies on their wits and strategy alone by denying them such. I don't want to face off a Clifford if I am a puppy in a fight. I want to face another puppy and see where my hard work gets me. The same can be said of me being a Clifford, I would like to square off with another Clifford around my size, not with a puppy. I guess I am one who does not believe in either having victories handed to him or his *** handed to him by one-sided fights. This is my main reasons why I do not do BG, some Post Grab/Central Crystal War, or any other PVP event; everything is a "one size fits all" method rather than a fair and leveled/even fight. If you are going to bicker that it takes a long time to be in an even fight, then you're in the wrong game. I am in the wrong game because everything is one sided; gone are the days where strategy was relied upon and one wrong move can break a fight. Might as well call it "Easytune" since the big BRs can go into the lower brackets to "steal" the deserved rewards from others just because they do not have the balls to square off with someone their own size.

I may not come at the time it calls for because I think that's jacked up (I am always there for the 2pm Eud Arena because by about 3-330, I am gone for the day and only turn on the guild events on the mobile so my crew can do their stuff and I can relax in doing something else in real life. The only time I would join a late event is through IW. When I do register my units, I do not strip; I just put them in just as they are.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
            Manipulating for rewards is not only an exploit but a **** move. It's no different than the "one size fits all" method used in Group Arena where you matched up the Cliffords with all the puppies (or using a Lambo when a race calls for only Yugos) instead of pitting the Cliffords with the Cliffords and the puppies with the puppies to make it fair.

Okay, now I see an anomaly with your statement, denny. How there could be a 17th if the tourney can hold 16? If we are talking about rankings at the cross platform level, then okay, let's do that. If the 17th player has won his bracket, and 2nd best has not, it's because 17th has done something right to keep in the fight whereas 2nd made a wrong move that cost them the fight. And that would be the fair aspect of it.
            He's clearly referring to having the top 16 be in one bracket together, and 17-32 being in the next bracket. In that case, what the 17th player "did right" was land in the favorable BR ranking slot, which is either luck, or BR manipulation, which is what you were just complaining about.

Obviously whoever's 2nd won't always lose to whoever's 1st, but still out of the 16 players who are stronger than everyone in the 17-32 bracket, 15 will get less rewards than the winner of that bracket (and 8 get minimum rewards), simply by virtue of them being too strong to qualify for that bracket. And that pattern continues down the line for each bracket, which is the exact same problem that existed with the old CSGB, and I think now to Imperial War. That does assume that brackets are set by just grouping people in order by BR, but that seems like a pretty fair assumption.

It's definitely a good thing to allow smaller players to have a chance in lower brackets, but it's also clearly unfair to a lot of players who consistently end up the weakest in their bracket just through bad luck. They need to add some random scrambling of the brackets, after locking down the base BR for the player at registration time as the sorting value. That would prevent manipulation and help to balance the inherent problems of a straight BR bracketing

Comment

Still, MFP, it's a **** move which throws everyone else off. I can't say much because I am hardly on at the time it starts and ends (as I am on the road at that time getting home or doing something else); hence, why I did like it when it was the old Eud Arena and I can throw my teams at the 2pm slot and be done with it (and my gaming day) in less than 30 minutes.

I wish the matches were at the random level (keep it within the range of said primary, character BR). There should be a lock once a person registers, they aren't allowed to change anything (eq or otherwise) unless they are willing to forfeit their spot. This was something that was in Shadowbound (another R2 hosted game) where it gives a warning message if a player decides to change their stat to either wait until the tourney is over (thus foregoing any upgrades, leveling, etc.) or just give up their spot to be reassigned to the appropriate bracket.

However, this begets a question within me: if this is supposed to be Eudaemon Domain, why are we relying on the BR of the main character? Should it rely on the BR of the Euds that are registered to be fighting? It should in addition of having that team locked down for the fight, meaning they can't switch from one eud to the next after unless they want to give up their spot in doing so or having to wait until the event is over so they can switch. I think that should be the main focus on such instead of having to rely on player BR since the player's character isn't in the fight.

Of course, let's not forget that not many people (my units included) will probably not show up during the event after the registration process thus giving a free win to the opposing side.

Imperial War relies on cumulative points and victories to be adequately matched up odd/even (1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, and so forth) in the rankings. It took me a great deal to figure out the pattern on how teams are matched up for each week it goes on (to see who you're going up against, just check on the rankings; if you see the first page, exit out of it and re-enter to get the top 4 pages of guilds who are going to square off with one another). The first week will be random since everyone's at 0 points and 0 victories. Once next week rolls around, those 15k's and 1 victories will be randomly placed, rank wise, on top of the other 1 victory guilds who have less than 15k points, followed by those who have 0 victories and some points to their name, and in dead last the guilds that have 0 victories and 0 points that might be randomized with each other. Those who started late, will have to fight their way from the bottom of the barrel to get up to the top ranks. Nothing wrong with such other than foregoing the rewards from the previous week if you plan on coming in late.

The only one I think I have a problem with is Outland Contests where many are manipulating the entire guild BR just to get spots for an easy month.

My best approach is to make ED in the same fashion as the current Sylph Arena, where we can choose our fights, don't have to register, and can do it at any time before the hour set for it to calculate the total points to issue ranking rewards; we get some rewards for going into the fights (hoping for scrolls since the old Eud Arena offered all three of them for each fight done). This way, we don't have to worry about such BR manipulation and/or wanting to kill someone in real life so we make it in time; and I am sure it will make the Oceanic players more happy as they won't have to miss out when R2 has maintenance at that time.
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
              X