Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Willpower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willpower

Hi all. So, I have a level 12 battle oracle and a level 9 sacred knight plus 7k boz on top of that. I was wondering if I should just make a level 6 void emissary or wait until I have like 22k boz to make a level 1 willpower of any type other than void. I see loads of people using sea witches (I wonder if its really that good) and only a few ones using other types like void emissary or eagle warrior.

Help me sort out the pros and cons please as I am a non-casher and have very limited resources. Which is better in the long run? Thank you.
    Last edited by R287966665; 12-03-2017, 03:05 AM.

It depends on how you play. The Void lacks of AoE-attacks but it knows how to deliver a punch and the Witch has some AoE power wile it's great advantage is healing. If you are a mage i'd reccomend a Witch or Void because of the % MATK it inherits from the main char. If you are PATK then the Witch is an option but if you want to do more dmg i'd look for the other PATK willpowers.

As a mage i have a Void and am working towards a Witch so i can level up higher in the Endless Abyss but i am keeping it to MATK based for the time being.

Comment

The reason there are so many sea witches is that eudaemons and willpowers just aren't that big a deal in pvp fights in terms of the damage they do. Generally, if your willpower is doing significant damage, you're already going to win easily, so being able to heal a bunch is actually a much more useful skill.
      The other thing they can do well is act as a target, so you don't take all the hits yourself. Healing or the eagle's shields are good for that too.
      Strong players can go for the specter because it can make fights with weaker players go faster, and they're less likely to need any healing.

As to your question, void will do well as a helper to hit things in pve locations harder, so it's always a solid choice. The main question I think is whether you're willing to give up your level 12 oracle for it. I'm not, so I've actually leveled a secondary oracle to 10 for when I make my void emissary. Also note that oracles make excellent sub-eudaemons, and you can't slot a willpower there at all.

I would probably recommend a long game, where you keep your oracle so you can get the most out of patrols, and over time that will net you the materials to upgrade any willpower. You'll definitely get a stronger willpower to start if you use your best eudaemon now, though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
        I would probably recommend a long game, where you keep your oracle so you can get the most out of patrols, and over time that will net you the materials to upgrade any willpower. You'll definitely get a stronger willpower to start if you use your best eudaemon now, though.
        This is a solid advice. Willpowers are cool to have but a strong Oracle is good to have. Strong Oracles are a big help in Endless Abyss thanks to the healing and Where a willpower does alot of dmg, it needs an Oracle to back it up. On my main char (17 mil) the lack of an Oracle is made up thanks to the strong BD, BW and SM. But to advance into the higher regions of Endless Abyss i need a Witch.

On my secondairy char (12 mil) i created a Void wich leaves me without it's only strong Oracle i seem to struggle in Endless Abyss now so for the short term i'll be sacrificing it's strong WR just for the witch. This messes up my plans for the secondairy char but stopping progress on the void makes it better for the long run. In this case i regret sacrificing the Oracle too early.

But keep in mind that although a second Willpower cannot be used for patrols or as Sub, in other parts of the game they are a great thing to have. Skill-scrolls are much needed so Enless Abyss is important. For the Willgear it also is best to level as high as you can. For the rest of the battles a Willpower is great but not that big of a deal in PvP unless it is very powerfull, till that time focus on patrols, Endless Abyss and Eud-bounties.

Comment

Much appreciated, Buuurman and MrFancyPants. Very detailed advice. Thank you for reminding me to be patient. I myself am only at 11 million BR (with my level 12 BO) so I'm still pretty weak, no point in rushing willpower, just to have my eudaemon patrol, endless abyss, eudaemon domain, and bounty target to suffer. Due to the scarcity of boz, I can't make a level 10 or above eudaemon that easily needed for patrol, so I have to be very careful in what willpower I will be making. I don't want to be in a situation where I rush to make a willpower only to decide later on, I wanted a different one. Just realized as well that should I make a willpower now, it will probably be not that much stronger than my BO in terms of BR as my base stats are still not that high.

I only have a few concerns though. Should I make a level 1 willpower months later, after I have the necessary amount of blood of zeus, will the upgrading of war emblem, resistances, etc., be much harder (take more resources) than upgrading on eudaemons? Someone told me that its better to max out the emblems/resistances first before merging the eudaemons into willpowers. My other concern is that the trigger rate for sea witch's active heals seems pretty low (?). Can't be sure but my guildmates told me its about 50% or less of your HP that activates the heal skills. Won't that be a problem in PVP with the sea witch or your toon dying before I can cast any heal skill?

Comment

Originally posted by R287966665 View Post
            I only have a few concerns though. Should I make a level 1 willpower months later, after I have the necessary amount of blood of zeus, will the upgrading of war emblem, resistances, etc., be much harder (take more resources) than upgrading on eudaemons? Someone told me that its better to max out the emblems/resistances first before merging the eudaemons into willpowers. My other concern is that the trigger rate for sea witch's active heals seems pretty low (?). Can't be sure but my guildmates told me its about 50% or less of your HP that activates the heal skills. Won't that be a problem in PVP with the sea witch or your toon dying before I can cast any heal skill?
            I won't suggest to save up BoZ for when you obtain the Willpower. Better use the BoZ for the euds you are going to be using for making the willpower. You benefit from stronger euds right now in patrols etc so using it now will not set you back.

For emblems/resistance, i haven't even looked at that before i went merging euds. I only save up enough of this for events and use the rest so i can't give a proper advice on that because i spread emblems/resistance over all my euds (with patrols in mind).

And about the witches healing. Yes, they normally trigger when 1 member of the party is 50% or below it's HP but i have also seen cases where witches start to heal quicker. In the beginning when the Witch is still weak it dies many times before it can heal (in PvP) but when it get's stronger it will survive to heal (and that is where the opponent's nightmare begins).

I do many 1 to 1 battles with a guildie, he has a Witch, i have a Void and sometimes it is very hard just to kill that Witch. When it awakens it forms a shield wich is strong enough to survive my delphics. Those are fun fights but in BG it get's old quite quickly.

Comment

Working...
            X