Time vortex and outlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time vortex and outlands

Why is the new feature called Time Vortex put inside of outlands when it has nothing to do with outlands? Many people complain about stuff being put into outlands and yet they continue to add more and more. It's like they do the exact opposite of what players want.

The devs like Titan City, and they like adding the upper end game content to it. What is the specific reason you don't like Time Vortex being included in Titan City?
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

The main issue with placing these new events in Titan City is that you need to be registered for the outland events to enter. The events have nothing to do with outlands and should have independent access.

Comment

Think of Outlands as a concept, rather than a set of guild activities. As a concept, the Outlands is a place for strong people. Titan City fits in with that concept. Now it has something to do with the Outlands. Just don't poke holes in that story, I'm going somewhere specific with this. Humor me.

You need to be registered to enter the Outlands. What's the problem with this?

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
          Think of Outlands as a concept, rather than a set of guild activities. As a concept, the Outlands is a place for strong people. Titan City fits in with that concept. Now it has something to do with the Outlands. Just don't poke holes in that story, I'm going somewhere specific with this. Humor me.

The problem is you lose one day a month of being able to do those events.

Can also cause you to miss out on on time portal if you generally run it on a Sunday and Sunday happens to be the 1st of a month.

Comment

Originally posted by miranda_psi View Post

The problem is you lose one day a month of being able to do those events.

Can also cause you to miss out on on time portal if you generally run it on a Sunday and Sunday happens to be the 1st of a month.
            We're on to something here. Why is it bad that you can't run events one day out of a whole month? If you know Outland entry will be closed on the 1st, and that the 1st is a Sunday, can't you arrange to do Time Portal on a different day?

For the record - I do agree that Titan City should be open access, or at least not have a full portal lockout for 24 hours after registration. Would be nice for it to be immediate access after registration.

Comment

With what miranda and others have said (and I agree), allow me to put forth other points on why this would be a problem:
              • It will take a guild leader to register to go into the Outland portion (not the contest) to explore.
              • If said guild leader is not present or decides to register the guild late, the members are penalized for not being able to go into it for the time it wasn't registered.
              • If they switch guilds, they will have a day's penalty for just joining a new guild in order to do the events.
              Many players have suggested and want the Outland Exploration bits to be separate from the Outland Contest (Post Grab, Central Crystal War) bits; this way, they can still do the Outland exploration and don't have to be penalized while the system is awaiting on matching guilds for the next round (month).

Bottom line, it hurts more due to all these penalties in place than it would benefit a player when it comes to access. Plus, it doesn't take an entire guild to do these activities as they are a "solo act".
              Last edited by Meikura001; 12-03-2017, 07:45 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors! Never had that happened to me before!
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

I strongly dissagree on that. Miranda pointed it out very good, a guild needs to register to OC wich makes it a guild-thing. Once OC is over and it is time to register then one isn't able to do the devotion-stuff from OC.

OC-Exploration = 5 devotion (miss out on henna etc)
                Titan Temple = 5 devotion (miss out on animationstones)
                Time Portal = 5 devotion (miss out on soul&polishing orbs)
                Endless Abyss = 5 devotion (miss out on willgear)

So we miss out on 20 devotion when OC seison has ended and what to think of the rewards? The devs make us do this every day for devotion but we can't do that all of the time since 1 day per month we can't access it. Also, when you change guild you also can't access it so it is a guild-thing whether you like it or not. The story of Titan City may be great and all but it must be accessible for all Knighted players at any given time.

And another problem with this concept is when a player is in a small guild or a guild with much inactives. The amount of guildwealth needed to signup is very high. Many guilds who can't afford to do that. So players must leave their friends to move to a bigger guild? That's the world upside down, devs made wrong choices with OC and aren't willing to see that. Forcing players to do this every day where many simply can't is wrong.

Normally i'd agree with you Memory but not this time.

For the record - I do agree that Titan City should be open access, or at least not have a full portal lockout for 24 hours after registration. Would be nice for it to be immediate access after registration.
                Not that is something i agree with. :P

Comment

Hey, i posted a reaction about OC and the devotion players miss out on and now it is gone? It was posted but when i was editing it it dissapeared?

Edit:
                  And now all of the sudden it is here again? Memory, if u want you can delete this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Buuurman View Post
                    Hey, i posted a reaction about OC and the devotion players miss out on and now it is gone? It was posted but when i was editing it it dissapeared?

Edit:
                    And now all of the sudden it is here again? Memory, if u want you can delete this one.
                    Missing posts are a result of editing them too quickly after posting. Try to wait at least until the clock ticks to the next minute before pressing the edit button.

I want to be clear - I'm not arguing with you all. I believe we are unanimous on how we feel about the Outlands. I'm trying to be antagonistic so that we get more perspectives from you guys. You guys are essentially giving us fighting points that we can link to for every excuse the devs can use for why it should be left exactly how it is, because cultures are different and in their culture they are already in the the bigger guild, they have no issues donating every penny they make to their guild to afford the fee, they will make max devotion without Titan City one day a month. It's not always about whether or not the devs care. Sometimes we are fighting a cultural barrier and for that we need strong arguments.

Comment

At the end of the day the dev will see it as "no individual player, server or platform has an advantage over another, so no reason to change".
                      Personally I think the 24hr lockout/location of non outland events is daft too, But somehow I think it's also needed to reset rankings/clusters through all different time zones or something along those lines..
                      Last edited by Freddypainter; 12-04-2017, 02:12 PM.
                      DM S9 Kabumu

Comment

The devs can't even test their own game let alone know how to make one to work as intended.

They should have known better than to put in the pieces that require knighthood, that goes through the daily devotion process, and are of an individual nature with the pieces that require a guild signup and participation.

If such didn't require individuality and/or devotion then it would probably be a different story. As to the devotion process, we all know it sucks donkey; one has to be in the game (to take on the events and tasks at the times it calls for) for the entire day to make it possible to get max devote. In fact, I do not have a problem in affording such a fee (I mean, I could get enough going for a double time vault at the 180 period; not many guilds, even ones bigger than mine, could afford that much on top of everything else), but that's not the point. I do not want others having to wait for a lock-down or for me to register so they can do the Titan City related tasks to get the stuff they need to develop. I think it's rather a cop out at this current stage.
                        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

titan city shouldn't be lockout on outland sign up day

those events have nothing to do with outland exporation, crystal war and post grab

either let it be open or move titan city to a cloud city npc

Comment

Why is missing out something a problem ? Its same for everyone in game, think of it has one "slacking" day a month.. It's MMO, you compete against others, not the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jompero0 View Post
                              Why is missing out something a problem ? Its same for everyone in game, think of it has one "slacking" day a month.. It's MMO, you compete against others, not the game.
                              For devo it is pretty much needed to do OC. Maybe you don't think too much of it but others do.

Comment

Working...
                              X