Archer Talents Are useless..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onimad View Post
    after testing and resetting several times. i conclude it's useless.
    it's even more disadvantage to lvl 72++ as they earn less exp.

archer talents all focus on holy seal and stealth.
    rest of it are ****.
    Thanks .. i didn't upgrade my talents yet .. this will help much
    StormSprit
    OneLove .. S7

One Team .. One Dream

Comment

Cry more archers!

Oh wait Im an archer and I just play no crying.
      Mesh With The Best, Die Like The Rest.
      Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Server: S62
      Class: Archer

:cool::cool:

Comment

I was wondering how high they were when they made these talents? Where exactly do archer magically gain rage out of nowhere to fuel all these skills? Basically all of these talents are a joke without PvE gear. Most of them are still a joke with PvE gear...
        Last edited by Unkn0wnX; 01-12-2013, 12:09 PM.

Comment

im an archer. level 53 with 11k patk, (no buffs, no pots) and i did upgrade my talents to level 6. i got level 5 holy and level 1 scrutiny. and i was amazed with the result. it helps me alot do wb :P

Comment

Originally posted by Unkn0wnX View Post
            I was wondering how high they were when they made these talents? Where exactly do archer magically gain rage out of nowhere to fuel all these skills? Basically all of these talents are a joke without PvE gear. Most of them are still a joke with PvE gear...
            rage rune and pve set

Originally posted by skatsteyp View Post
            im an archer. level 53 with 11k patk, (no buffs, no pots) and i did upgrade my talents to level 6. i got level 5 holy and level 1 scrutiny. and i was amazed with the result. it helps me alot do wb :P
            lol u know that holy seal is for against player only.
            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by onimad View Post
              rage rune and pve set

lol u know that holy seal is for against player only.
              i know dude, but you need to level up holy to get the other skill.

Comment

Originally posted by skatsteyp View Post
                i know dude, but you need to level up holy to get the other skill.
                What do you mean by that? =)

Comment

the talents for archers are not useless, but u got to be lvl 70!!! to get any use of that.

at 70, u can max lunatic fire and armor piercing.

using both you give a really bad time to any class

Comment

Originally posted by R23021573 View Post
                    the talents for archers are not useless, but u got to be lvl 70!!! to get any use of that.

at 70, u can max lunatic fire and armor piercing.

using both you give a really bad time to any class
                    Try to analyze dude.. Lets say you are lvl 80,all skill are mastered.. Can you use Lunatic Fire and Armor Piercing with 30 initial rage.. You still need to earn rage base on you luck.. You need to have crit damage to earn 30 crit damge..The problem is the rage dude.. =)..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMimi View Post
                      Try to analyze dude.. Lets say you are lvl 80,all skill are mastered.. Can you use Lunatic Fire and Armor Piercing with 30 initial rage.. You still need to earn rage base on you luck.. You need to have crit damage to earn 30 crit damge..The problem is the rage dude.. =)..
                      only in duels, in arena you team up, so u can get rage, take loger to die. Guild war is easy to get rage, BG too
                      Last edited by R23021573; 01-13-2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Any other archers get scrutiny? I'm debating it. Will cost me 4.5 mil exp but i'm in not hurry to level as fast as I can. Still 3 levels away from 55.

Comment

I picked it up & it seems pretty useful when it activates.

Comment

Originally posted by DaedalusLydax View Post
                            I'm not sure how archer talents are useless... perhaps you're using your class wrong? I haven't tried archers yet, but I'm sure they're not as bad as you say. I'm sure this is just like the "knights need a buff" topic that comes up constantly. You don't want to play strategically, you want to be a straight-forward powerhouse. If that's how it was, it'd be way too unbalanced. And yeah, I know someone is going to say knights or mages are powerhouses, but that's if they gem right, skill right, and gear correctly. Hell, even with sub-par gear it's not even that bad. I think you should re-roll as another class on a different server. I'm sure they'd be just as weak if you play it wrong.
                            Well...since you are not an archer obviously you won't know how useless the talents are. Alot of the archer talents are on reducing cooldown of skills with nothing to reduce rage cost of skills. Alot of the skills they reduce cool down for (cheapest cost 35 rage, some cost 100 rage) even if you're an archer with PVE set, you will have problems getting the rage to spam those skills if you ever get the talent lvl high enough to negate cooldowns. Take for example our retribution talent. With PVE set, you start with 0 rage. For us to get 100 rage to cast it, we need to spam arrow strikes at minimum 5 times and pray ALL 5 TIMES CRIT!!!. If you're on PVP set, you need to spam arrow strikes 7 times and pray that ALL 7 CRIT!!! So with that amt of turns, assuming you don't get stunned by another player's Holy Seal while gathering rage, you can only cast it on the 6th turn. The damage dealt by that skill is about the same as damage done to 1 person with 3 multishots focused on him (just that it is dealt to 2 - 4 players which no. of players being hit is random). That being said, how does having a 0s CD for such a skill help an archer? you can only cast it every 6th turn if you're lucky. In arena, even for a well built archer, the fight rarely goes above 10 turns. If there are more than 1 mage on the enemy team and they're well built mages, you will be lucky to even get 6 turns. So how is that useful?

Even if you consider the other 35 rage cost skills or 65 rage cost skills (that makes up 5 out of 8 talents that are already useless since the fights are mostly turn based, having skills that can only be cast once in more than 2 turns even if you get 0s CD is considered useless in PVP). Archers crit rate is extremely pathetic so we always have trouble with rage gain. Yet most of our painful and useful skills cost a lot of rage to use and our talents instead of reducing the rage cost of said skills, only reduce CD. So let me ask you, how is such talents useful when you do not even have the rage to use them in consecutive rounds? In fact if our multishot skill is not 100% crit, you will hardly see archers doing crits in arena even if you have crit value as high as onimad...the no. of crits we do 80% of our battles can be counted on 1 hand. 20% can be counted with both hands for the lucky ones. Everyone is saying how our damage is OP, but they forgot the fact that it's only OP when we can spam our useful skills and they crit. Without crit and rage, we archers can't spam those skills and are left behind by other classes in terms of overall damage dealt. You say mage have low hp, but we archers are the same (only slightly higher hp than mages). Against a team of mages of similar strength in arena, we archers won't last. Even in 1v1 fights, all a mage needs to do is time their restore n suntoria right and us archers will be left eating dust. A mage can easily heal themselves for 13 - 17k hp with restore if they have decent matk and skill tree with talents on the healing skills. For an archer to do more damage than that heal, we need to use delphic (costs either 80 or 100 rage). We need many more turns to get such amount of rage compared to a mage who only has to do 5 lightning bolts to have enough rage to do a restore (even lesser if the mage is using PVE set). Also in this game, archers and mages are supposed to be the damage dealers while knights are tanks. But us archers damage dealing skills have been nullified by the mage's heals which now makes us useless even in 1v1 fights which archers are supposed to dominate. That is why we are complaining about the lack of balance for archers. A real balance in the game is not supposed to occur by way of how long you played. Such a balance is only valid if you're playing a game that is limited by time (example warcraft 3). MMOs are meant to be played for an indeterminable amount of time, hence the concept of early game, mid game and late game balance is absolute idiotic. Balance in MMOs are meant to be each class having skills or certain stats that gives them an advantage over another class regardless of what gear/class based skills that class currently has. I'm not saying archers need to trash mages even if they have lousy gear and the mage has good gear. The ways things are now, even in a 1v1 fight for an archer and mage of similar strenght, stats and gear, chances are the archer is going to lose even if both classes are played right due to mages inherent advantage in healing and aoe skills and archers while having slightly more hp, we are lacking in both pdef n mdef which is crucial for winning most fights. What is 6k more hp when you're going to be taking 1 - 2k more dmg per hit from mages/knights, 3 - 6 turns and our advantage in hp is gone. If we don't end the fight in that little amount of turns we're screwed and since us archers don't have any AOE that can be cast from first turn, how are we going to achieve that? Add in the talents that only seem to boost the 35, 65, 100 rage cost skills by only speeding up the cooldown between cast, it still doesn't solve the problem of archers not getting enough rage to cast them in the first place. Compared to other classes, archers have the most amount of useless talents which is totally unfair given that we're already losing in everything except catacombs and wb. I hardly call winning in catacombs and wb as fun since if I want to do that I'd have played single player games. R2 seriously need to relook at the archer class and buff it up or more archers will end up disillusioned and quit (currently the bulk of the player base is archers, so if alot of them quit, R2 is gonna lose alot of players and there are quite a few who are cash paying ones).
                            IGN: Athena
                            Guild: Warriors
                            Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                            Difficulty Level: Noob
                            BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by R23021573 View Post
                              only in duels, in arena you team up, so u can get rage, take loger to die. Guild war is easy to get rage, BG too
                              Dude, you know how wrong that is? in anything that is player vs player, we archers are never going to have 1v1. Our skills are geared to be painful if focused on 1 person. if you spread it out over more than 1 (be it troops or other players) we are going to be left behind. You say we take longer to die? have you fought against teams with 2 or more mages for the bulk of ur arena attempts? almost every hit is an aoe, meaning they have 2 or 3 aoe every 2 or 3 turns or sometimes consecutively. Where in the world do you take longer to die when you're taking damage every turn while doing dmg to only one or none of the mages? Same goes for BG. What is the point of having 0s lunatic or delphic deathstar if you need to find guardian/lvl 40 noobs to let you gain rage? Plus with the new patch, you'll be up against players of your lvl. If you need to waste turns to gather rage while others pound away at your hp and clears your troops before you clear theirs, I hardly see how you take longer to die.
                              IGN: Athena
                              Guild: Warriors
                              Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                              Difficulty Level: Noob
                              BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Working...
                              X