Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

New Sky Trail possession thing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R263360269 View Post
    no need for the BR/titan/non titan split
    Most new events require KH and as soon as you hit KH you get titans... so having a titan/non-titan split makes absolutely no sense.

As for BR splits. how are you going to make that work? BR changes so much... change to/from dragonchant, change willpower/eudo or take it off.... sylph changes... so many things cause br to change drastically that it's a useless factor to try to split things on...

is not fair for any and all new servers that are opening.
    How is it not fair? It took me 4 years of hard work to be able to do these events, even with things as they are right now they'll have it within 6 months... I have no sympathy for new servers; they already have far too much handed to them on a golden platter.

Just lok at games like WOW... probably the most successfully MMO game there has ever been. They have released many updates, and the majority of those are new content at the end of the game, stuff that is well beyond the reach of new players... they don't ***** and moan about and simply accept that they have to work their way up to those levels to be able to complete - why is everyone here doing the complete opposite?

Comment

Originally posted by miranda_psi View Post
      Most new events require KH and as soon as you hit KH you get titans... so having a titan/non-titan split makes absolutely no sense.

As for BR splits. how are you going to make that work? BR changes so much... change to/from dragonchant, change willpower/eudo or take it off.... sylph changes... so many things cause br to change drastically that it's a useless factor to try to split things on...

How is it not fair? It took me 4 years of hard work to be able to do these events, even with things as they are right now they'll have it within 6 months... I have no sympathy for new servers; they already have far too much handed to them on a golden platter.

Just lok at games like WOW... probably the most successfully MMO game there has ever been. They have released many updates, and the majority of those are new content at the end of the game, stuff that is well beyond the reach of new players... they don't ***** and moan about and simply accept that they have to work their way up to those levels to be able to complete - why is everyone here doing the complete opposite?
      a) I agreed that there is no need for a splitting of the classes, so not entirely sure why you even commented on that OR why you asked me how would a BR split would work.... as I said there is NO need for BR/titan/non titan split... can you explain why you are asking me to justify something that I am not and have not suggested?

b) I have played for 5+ years and yes new players do get a lot of extras we never did, the reason they have done this though because they insist on throwing new players/servers into groups along side people who have been playing for 4-5 years +. That is why I consider it unfair and is why I think they need to keep those two events (vortex and sky possession) server based NOT cross server. Despite the fact that yes new players on new servers have it SO much easier than us in regards to what they are given e.g. gear, syphs etc, it is still not entirely fair to pit them against players who have been playing 4-5 years.

c) this is NOT WoW so is not relevant in any way... however (I have been told by my kids) that with WoW you can opt to stay in an area/server (whatever) which doesnt have you surrounded by those who have played decades (to give you a chance to grow before joining the masses)..... Maybe that is why WoW new players dont moan about the new updates, because they are not in a position to be able to compete with like powered/levelled players (unlike Wartune which forces you to lvl up)?

In WoW you cant get to the higher levels fast... because the game doesnt allow you to... in Wartune on a new server they basically force you to be lvl 80 with at least class adv (if not KH) before the end of the first 4 weeks (when you WILL be merged with a group of servers MUCH older) which means UNLIKE WoW you CAN technically compete with the newly added items - all I am trying to say here is IF Wartune insists on forcing players to lvl up and be class adv before their first merge at the 4 week mark, then the very least they can do is make it so the competition is limited to JUST the server you are merged with and NOT all servers.....

Comment

a) I agreed that there is no need for a splitting of the classes, so not entirely sure why you even commented on that OR why you asked me how would a BR split would work.... as I said there is NO need for BR/titan/non titan split... can you explain why you are asking me to justify something that I am not and have not suggested?
        My interpretation was that if is was server based, then there would be no need for that split, which implies that if it's not server based then there is a need for that. It's also a comment that's appeared a few times in this thread (and others).

b) I have played for 5+ years and yes new players do get a lot of extras we never did, the reason they have done this though because they insist on throwing new players/servers into groups along side people who have been playing for 4-5 years +. That is why I consider it unfair and is why I think they need to keep those two events (vortex and sky possession) server based NOT cross server. Despite the fact that yes new players on new servers have it SO much easier than us in regards to what they are given e.g. gear, syphs etc, it is still not entirely fair to pit them against players who have been playing 4-5 years.
        How do you define fair?

Let's look at a few examples..

1) Player A, 20m br & Player B 50m br. Is this a fair match? (you'll probably say unfair to player A)
        2) Player C, played for 4-5 years. Player D, played for 6 months. is this a fair match? (you'll probably say unfair to player B)
        3) It turns out player A and C are one and the same, same for B and D... now we have a contradiction on what is fair...

In takes time in every game to get the strength needed to be able to do certain parts of the game, this is no different. I think it's perfectly fair that they have to wait to be able to get access to particular events - I had to wait many times to get to evens and to be able to compete in them. I wasn't here in the forums bitching about how unfair it was - I just played the game as I could and now I can compete. Example, when class wars first came out, I could barely win any fights. Now, in Ares, I am near the top of the rankings because I kept on going and built up my strength, though that of course means I constantly get the giant 50+m brs, but it's great fun when you pull off a win against them

c) this is NOT WoW so is not relevant in any way... however (I have been told by my kids) that with WoW you can opt to stay in an area/server (whatever) which doesnt have you surrounded by those who have played decades (to give you a chance to grow before joining the masses)..... Maybe that is why WoW new players dont moan about the new updates, because they are not in a position to be able to compete with like powered/levelled players (unlike Wartune which forces you to lvl up)?

n WoW you cant get to the higher levels fast... because the game doesnt allow you to... in Wartune on a new server they basically force you to be lvl 80 with at least class adv (if not KH) before the end of the first 4 weeks (when you WILL be merged with a group of servers MUCH older) which means UNLIKE WoW you CAN technically compete with the newly added items - all I am trying to say here is IF Wartune insists on forcing players to lvl up and be class adv before their first merge at the 4 week mark,
        WOW is just a well known MMO and was used for comparison only to point out that in most games people are fine with having to actually put in some work to get to the new content. These new features are all ADVANCED game content, not beginning game content, so new players will have to work towards it, just like in any other game.

then the very least they can do is make it so the competition is limited to JUST the server you are merged with and NOT all servers.....
        If it was all server, then it would be hell...

All the spots would be taken up by the China servers, where they are all 3 or 4 times the size of our biggest cashers. Then there are other servers much further ahead than us as well...

Even if you just consider the servers with the same version we run, there are still several regions, all of which are separated and even within those regions there are several different groups of servers that make up the cross server selection that you see.

In reality you only see and complete against a very small section of a single region in these events... some of these are much more competitive groups than others and sometimes you even get moved between them...

Comment

In reality you only see and complete against a very small section of a single region in these events... some of these are much more competitive groups than others and sometimes you even get moved between them...
          Again you misinterpret me....**SIGH**

Let me state again... Vortex and Sky Possession should be SERVER based... i.e. be contained to the servers in your merged cluster.... and NOT cross-server, i.e. NOT ALL servers of a region...
          Cross-server is always only between servers of the same region, i.e. Oceanic, European etc. It would not be possible for R2 to include ALL servers (including those in China) so this point you make is moot.

Vortex and Sky Possession is NOT "against a very small section of a single region in these events", it is against ALL servers in my region. Allow me to elaborate, as you seemingly are not understanding what I am trying to say....
          Currently I play in an Oceanic server... the server I play on is combined of 11 oceanic servers.... THIS is the group to which I believe we should be limited when competing for Vortex or Sky Possession.
          HOWEVER we are not ONLY competing with the other 11 servers in our merger server group..... we compete with EVERY Oceanic server.... this I believe is not fair or right. Not only do I face players of R2, but also those from Kabam (now wonderhill) and Kongreate, etc.
          My guild members and I are being forced to compete NOT just with the 11 servers with which we are merged...... we are facing ALL Oceanic servers that R2 have created + Kongreate and wonderhill.... are you getting this yet?

Fair.... my definition, which I believe I have stated VERY clearly now several times, would be to ONLY face the players of your server cluster... let me dumb it down further.... Fair would be if you are ONLY facing players who you can see/find in the wilds, atoll and WB.... do you get it yet? Being fair, in my case has less to do with BR etc than it does with NUMBERS of players you are having to compete against

I am not, nor have I ever suggested that ALL servers from ALL the regions are currently completing with each other..... so again moot point.

Finally comparing WoW to Wartune is like comparing oranges to apples or a Hillman Hunter to a Ferarri

Last edited by R263360269; 03-20-2018, 11:46 PM.

Comment

It's more like, the game is shifting focus after each major patch, so late comers would always have the old stuff handed to them instantly, while the oldies need to get over with the "unfairness" and move on to get ahead from the new features. It also took me 3 years to max regular hero gems, gears, get the mounts, etc. I even bought star tear shards and divinity stones. Until I left game some almost-2-years ago, there were still fewer with red merged sylphs and almost no one with more than 5 titans. When I returned early this year, my new toon got his gems and stuff up in like 50 days and now he has as many merged sylphs (not the same refinement tier) and smelting level as I do. And his BR gain in a month is about the same, both 7-8 million (in dragonchant form). I didn't even bother doing archaeology on him and just bought his 70 set off guild shop (no 80 set yet). And he has all the crystals for unlocking 12 titans without KH. In the first place I almost regretted recovering my old toon and felt it a shame to have newbies questioning what I did in my first 3 years, but now appreciate my old toon got a new mate without having to play the new toon for another 3 years before he could be helpful.

Comment

c) this is NOT WoW...
              I'd have to agree. WoW has different game mechanics and a different ecosystem. It's not exactly comparable.
              Not that PvP in WoW is in any way lesser brutal or unfair (in fact it is FAR MORE brutal and unfair IMO), but WoW is large and time-tested enough to avoid having all sorts of players crammed in one place. Not that the bloodlusters aren't there, but that for most of the time you can avoid them, and they don't necessarily lose anything for not preying on you.
              Here in Wartune, players of all skill levels and all strength levels are pretty much playing at the same place. A lot of times it's not that the bigger guys want to prey on you, but that they might have to lose rewards if they don't.

Comment

funny wen i started wow i was 60 in 3 hours and wow is the best mmo ever it beets evrey game out there and wen i was 80 i was 110 in 4 hours and fully geard to

Comment

In vortex I once fought someone for over 8 hours...
                  8 hours??? err...let me hope that guy would never be me (and it would never be coz I'm lazy LOL)

...Most people who fail at titan temple and time vortex have nothing to blame but themselves....Same applies to titan temple...
                  Because

...I don't think there's anyone in my cross server cluster I haven't killed at least once... though a couple of them are very painful and can take a few attempts...
                  LOL

For TT it's more of a matter of your cross-server and your hero class than the rest.
                  For Time Vortex (PvE), I agree it will come with time. And since everyone is in dragonchant form, it is considered fair for all. (actually some pre-KH passives still have effect)

For rifts...they get a massive boost...
                  It appears to me they seem to have 2x or more of the base stats. I put my new toon with 2.2m hp in the first map and it took me a few 3m hits to kill. In no way could he take a 3m hit if his hp were still 2.2m. The same is probably true on the highest map. Most of my cross-server play with etiquette, although at times a bad guy could have sneaked in before any of us took the post.

Comment

Pleaaaaaaase don't kick me just few minutes before i take rewards from sky trail. I wait long time to take a post when will be empty, respect and don't be a bully because you are stronger
                    Aggeliki

Comment

Working...
                    X