Knight Vs. Angel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
    Both are good but both have issues. Angels are primarily good for knights because of the healing ability and the built in mage defense, something knights are weak against.

Knights are good for mages especially cause you need a tank to keep you alive you can heal yourself but only if you are not dead before you build up rage.

It comes down to personal choice and what you are playing and how you want to play the character.

Knights: Tanks, good PDEF, low MDEF
    Angels: Healers, good MDEF, low PDEF

Suit them to your character or take a leaf out of some players books and do both. Knights for other things and Angels for Cata bosses when you need the healing.

I kill most troops as a mage, knights or angels, so it really doesn't matter much. My g.m. is a knight with angels, but she gets more healing from my troops attacking her, lolol so, the mdef angels have is pretty much useless against us mages as they are dead by the time i meteor.
    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

I use knights because they're tanky. as for the angels, maybe i'll try to level them up too to see how they'll work with my archer

Comment

Originally posted by Echo3 View Post
        When angels use their heal skill does it heal the whole party, some of the party, or only the one that used the heal skill?

Also, has the fact that angels use their heal skill when at full health ever been reported as a bug? If not someone should say something, I doubt the game creators intended it to work that way.
        It's not really a bug per se.. it's just a bad roll of the gaming dice. The AI is set to do a heal every so often so it will heal regardless of the status of party. It will not heal full health it heals roughly 2k to 3k it's not set like some of the mage spells to restore health taken by magic damage up to a certain percent. And an angel heals whichever troop member has the lowest HP, if you have lower HP than angels even though whole party is full health.. it will heal you. Too bad it doesn't stack up as a nice little bonus buff.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by R23221469 View Post
          I kill most troops as a mage, knights or angels, so it really doesn't matter much. My g.m. is a knight with angels, but she gets more healing from my troops attacking her, lolol so, the mdef angels have is pretty much useless against us mages as they are dead by the time i meteor.
          So do I with my mage

But I use angels with my knight for reasons i outlined

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Ohh angels with tank knights are annoying for archer.. i can beat knights with knights .. but find it difficult if the knight has decent angels backing him up at the back and unless i land my dbl shot twice on them without failing usually knight beats me up.. ( my lvl currently is 48) .. mages are more fun.. as then have to use only knights.. usually till now mages are easier than knights for me and i have decent stats ( i am not a cashier) i think it might change once we hit lvl 50 or so .. but till then i am enjoying the game as such

Comment

I am a mage using angels. Angels are good for me as cannon fodder. I don't really care if they attack or not because obviously it's their healing that i want. To me troops attack won't matter as the damage is small in the 1st place. The only place that matters is in WB to gain more daru & gold. Regarding angels healing themselves even at full hp, yes that happens, & yes it is annoying. If only 7 road would fix them not to heal anyone with full hp, it would've been great. But even then, i still find angels works best for me. Against stronger players, be it archers or knights, if my angels ever heal me 1-2 times in battle, i'll definitely win the match...even with that handicap...
              I don't need a plan.....just a goal, the others.....will follow on their own.

Comment

The discussion on knights and angels does take out a good point that when it comes to "high" levels, how 10k damage would work against a few 2-3k healing. But knights or angels are level 40 troops to begin with, just like when you say how gryphon works when it comes to "high" levels, most likely imo, if we want to discuss about knights or angels, best do it within 40-50 level players. Comparing knights troops in the level of 60 70, does not have much meaning.

Imo, in dueling battles, angels are indeed better. The massive attack on knights serve not much purpose because there was never "a line of troops" for the knights to hit "in a row" anyway. The specialty for knights works only against mobs, such as dungeons, or catas.

The reason why angels suit to Knights (hero, not troops) more, it is because Knights has auto-healing ability when a block happens. When combined with reflect damage, a hero Knight who constantly has his hp restored (even its only a bit a time) will proven very difficult for you to handle. That's the characteristic of Knights.

More hp, an extra chance whether he could defend an extra hit with a block plus healing? Or more hp to reflect the damage back to you, that's all it means.

While in another way, if you are playing your Knights without investing skills in blocking and reflecting damage, using angel would not suit you well. You are a damage dealer, thus the troops knights, suit to your hero Knight better. This is mainly about a Knight vsing an Archer.

When we talk about a Knight vsing a Knight. Now now... there is where you can see the huge difference where it is not usually been noticed. A Knight using knight and a Knight using angel, who will win most probably? The Knight with angel of course.

Knight is a poor AoE damage dealer to begin with, as we all know. They only have one whirlwind skill which took a lot of rages and a high cool down time. Moreover the Knight themselves have another skill of its own to counter the whirlwind back, what skill is that? Yes, intercept skill which reduce rages. Thus a Knight usually kills off the opponent's troops slowly with one hit by a hit, but not by a single skill like Mages' rain of fire.

Therefore, even your angel heals you, or either themselves, and buy you one extra turn that your opponent Knight needs one more round in order to clear them off, you would have extra change of making a hit, so use it wisely to win the battle.

If your angel can buy you 2 turns, then the higher chance to win even more.

If your angel could buy you 3 extra turn or more than 3 extra turns, and you still couldn't win another Knight, then you could have a look at his BR, its most likely your BR difference is just too high to make a difference even you are using angels, just forget about him and try another target out.

Comment

Working...
                X