No announcement yet.

Patch 7.8 and Events Feedback, Suggestions, Complaints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bounty hunt for eudeamon reset back to lvl 1 to 9 each day after beat all 9 lvl each day so liars in patch about it goes up in lvl becuse keep start over on lvl 1 to 9 each day

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap331.png
Views:	1
Size:	378.2 KB
ID:	1955477

Comment

A couple of things that haven't been mentioned:

During Castle Wars, I asked my guildies if anyone was able to see the HP of the top garrison and no one could. They need to fix the layout somehow so that we have some indication of how the battle is proceeding. Having our avatar cover the top one, regardless if it's us or our opponents, doesn't let us compare the HPs that we can clearly see on the bottom one.

As for the rewards from Castle Wars... for the love of Pete, just give us the gold and kyanite! Why should we be forced to open unnecessary chests to make room in our bags when they are too stupid to give us adequate space for all of the stuff we need to keep? Speaking of... why do seeds take up spaces in our bag when we have a farm vault?!?! They aren't worth buying and selling like the animals are, so just let them stay in our vault until we need them.

Also, because chat moves so fast, it would be a nice addition if we could have some kind of rewards earned summary (similar to Cloud Adventures). I thought I saw 3 separate mount shards last night, it would be nice to have it verified when the frenzy has finished.
        Knight - 45 mil BR
        100% FREE player

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
          [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":1955477**[/ATTACH]
          R2 had asked many players on what they think about their newest fiasco, er patch; Meikura says...
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

I'll try to be succinct. Here are some thoughts on patch 7.8:

1) Castle Wars & it replaces Tanks

1-1) Castle Wars isn't a good event, because:
            1-1-1) It takes tons of guild wealth to sign up. I'm afraid monthly 5M+6M plus daily summons isn't affordable for an average-sized guild. I'm not talking about the one-person guilds or small groups with a few semi-actives, but more like the rank 3-8 guilds on any server. It's unlikely that every guild could afford to pay this much, especially for that there's basically nothing to buy with guild contributions. Right now lots guilds are relying on past contributions to keep up with cost, as most players eventually run out of stuff to buy from guild shop. With the reduced World Boss income for top players, it's also less likely for the top guys to contribute tens of millions a day for nothing back.
            1-1-2) It's time-consuming. No explanation needed for this one.
            1-2-3) Rewards are unimpressive. No need to explain either.
            1-2-4) It floods mailbox with daily rewards. Also very self-explanatory.
            1-2-5) Fairness: Non-participants also get same reward chests. Participants only get some very minor extras. And if they leave and rejoin or disconnect during battle, they don't get any more things from mobs!
            Conclusion: No one has any incentive to waste this much gold and daily game time for some stuff they don't need or could get with greater ease elsewhere!

1-2) Replaces Tanks:
            Seriously? Tanks isn't a great event, but at least it doesn't cost anything (and doesn't require a guild) to participate, and it's +15 easy devotion if you don't care about the tanks chests.
            How about: moving the +15 devo to something more useful, such as time vortex (blitz counts), rift, game box, dreamland, eudaemon signet, gift box, etc. Even completing a solo campaign (blitzing counts) or clicking the wheel of fate or capturing 1 astral is more worthwhile than wasting 25 minutes a day on Castle Wars.

2) Bounty Spots:
            Overall, it's an improvement to allow level downgrading (as demanded long time ago) and the chance for an extra reward item. But:
            2-1) It'd be desirable to allow the player to lock the level they want, instead of letting the level grow or shrink based on previous day's performance. Or, simply discard this feature, as it was an old suggestion from the early days of bounty targets, at which time no one could beat max levels. Right now most people could beat the higher levels with ease, and player strength grows fast enough to catch up with leveling. I don't see level downgrading as necessary any more. Not that it's a bad thing, but that it came a little late. If it were 2016 or earlier, we'd have wanted it. But for now, not really.
            2-2) Bounty Exploration is unimpressive. It takes 6 hours for a chance for an extra item, which, most likely, is going to be a few blood of zeus. And it holds the eudaemon/willpower in the tower for 6 hours, rendering it unavailable for patrol. If it rewards all items, or it could be started and cancelled at any time, then it is great improvement. For now, it's hardly worth the extra 9 eudaemons we need to keep. Of course, we don't have to use this feature if we don't like it much.

3) World BOSS:
            Overall it's a great improvement. Would have been better if they remove or raise the reward cap per round, but no big deal otherwise.
            EDIT: With the extra sign up fee for Castle War, it's probably best to remove the cap, as we need the top guys' unselfish contribution to guild.

4) Top Icons:
            For top icons, it's unnecessarily "optimized".
            They removed some top icons that we use often: Dreamland, Game Box, Eudaemon Signet, Lord's Trial.
            I don't see any reason why these few should be removed.
            I don't see much reason why Rider Box or Clothing Box need to be removed either, although both are infrequently used.
            It'd be good to move these icons back to top: Dreamland, Game Box, Eudaemon Signet, Lord's Trial, Rider Box, Clothing Box.

5) NPCs:
            It's great improvement to move Titan City out of Outlands and move all their features to Cloud City. That's one of the best changes from this patch.
            The only thing is, the NPC for Time Portal is a little too close to a gift pile. It's hard to click the gift pile without touching the NPC.
            It would be good to separate the NPC and the gift pile, but not a big deal if not.

6) Stack Limits of Items:
            It's good to see an inventory limit of more than 9999 for fusion spirit shards.
            We'd also want it for these items (not an exhaustive list): developing potion, henna, adv. henna, mahra, adv. mahra, sepulcrum, adv. sepulcrum, blood of zeus, mount whip, mount hoof, soul crystals, soul seals, vulcan hammer/stove/clamp/stithy, etc.
            It's also good to change the stack limit of these from 999 to 9999 or higher: fusion chi, willpower talent stone, etc.
            And the stack limit for talisman chests from 99 to 9999 or higher.

Those are opinions I've collected so far. Would add/revise as I have more info available.
            Last edited by wtfarmers; 04-30-2018, 11:29 PM.

Comment

suggestion

as theirs 7 days in a week lmao hopefully

what about adding a devo chest for 2100 or 2500 devo that gives 1k bbs

cuz some of us do a lot of devo and get the 1600 chest on 4th or 5th day

a 2100 or 2500 will make us work on getting that chests

Comment

suggestion

Can you even get 2500 devo in a 7 day week? That's a 357+ average. That means some days you must get to 360 to get a chest at 2500.
                How does that work during a week that contains the first of the month, where event sign-up for Outlands stops you getting that devo for the day?
                In principle, if someone reaches 2100 (or, say, 2K) devo in a week, they've done something special within the game. I like the idea of rewarding that.

What about adding back devo for astrals? (Or did I miss that?)

Comment

More problems with the setup of Eudaemon Bounty Patrol....

When you have up to 9 euds in "Explore" mode, and their six-hour exploration is effectively over, can't you just release them rather than making us go in to "End" exploration on each? What a pain! Sure, we have to go in anyway to set more in place, depending on how many towers we've got, and how many we choose to explore for rewards. But, often, we're not getting in exactly at the six hour mark, and need to figure out (if we're running them) how to set euds in Patrols, then we will see (if we choose to do it this way) which euds we're going to set for the exploration rewards. This isn't a blitz. It's 9 euds not 1 toon. When it's over, how about not making us go in to fetch our euds out?

So far, I'm also not seeing bounties going any higher than level 4. Most often they're level 1's. The rewards are pretty pitiful unless you're just starting out, and it definitely isn't helping the returning or new players trying to play catch-up on mature servers. By the same token, I don't want to get to a point where there are no bounties I can claim because I max out based on my strength, but it seems the past system worked well enough. 9 bounties (if you have the posts) per day instead of 8 is a good deal. Go back to that piece of the old system so this is worth doing again, instead of a giant waste of time. 64 level 1 eud gems to make 1 level 4 one. At the current rate of payout, that could literally take months.

There have been a lot of hidden reductions in rewards in recent months, not just confined to eud bounties. This is the most obvious one, but they've tried to hide it in rewards by over-complicating the process to claim things.

Another concern regarding diminished rewards is less availability of clothing shards. Those aren't available anymore for "regular" event items in Lucky Exchange, by and large, so to get clothing sets we're stuck with very long waits and little availability unless we want to spend. A lot. And the players we convince to return are complaining about this, too. You had this right when these were more available, and you need to return the payout for them in the Lucky Exchange.

As also noted above, even after adding guild vault space (for a price, in gold), there are getting to be too many items again. We're back to just about everyone running up against limits again because too much has been added thoughtlessly. And documentation isn't really clear even on how to use things, so we're stuck with stuff that might even be useful, but we don't even know we can use it yet!

Having been critical about what we players see as problems (and, I'm sure, much more to follow), I have to say we've seen so many very badly botched updates and patches before, this one has gone in with somewhat minimal disruption. Sure, a little more lag here and there, and there are still crashes now that didn't happen before...not perfect. But, it's not like I'm hearing the server isn't staying up, or nobody can stay on line long enough to run an event, or that someone's whole inventory got wiped, or that players can't log in at all to their accounts. (That, and more, were past issues I saw first-hand.) Not perfect, but, credit where due, those technical issues are virtually absent here. That's better. It deserved mention. We're not getting game-stopping emergency maintenances all over the place right now...at least not the server I'm playing.

Comment

You don't get ANY rewards from exploration at all. Its only purpose is to add a chance for an extra item when you do the bounty spot next to the tower.
                    If it auto-frees the eudaemon, you miss the chance for the extra item!
                    On the other hand, you can just leave the eudaemon in the tower, and you get a chance for an extra item from bounty spot every day, without having to redo the exploration.
                    The only issue is that it holds your eudaemon so you can't use it for patrol.

Originally posted by Centaur0001 View Post
                    More problems with the setup of Eudaemon Bounty Patrol....

When you have up to 9 euds in "Explore" mode, and their six-hour exploration is effectively over, can't you just release them rather than making us go in to "End" exploration on each? What a pain! Sure, we have to go in anyway to set more in place, depending on how many towers we've got, and how many we choose to explore for rewards. But, often, we're not getting in exactly at the six hour mark, and need to figure out (if we're running them) how to set euds in Patrols, then we will see (if we choose to do it this way) which euds we're going to set for the exploration rewards. This isn't a blitz. It's 9 euds not 1 toon. When it's over, how about not making us go in to fetch our euds out?

So far, I'm also not seeing bounties going any higher than level 4. Most often they're level 1's. The rewards are pretty pitiful unless you're just starting out, and it definitely isn't helping the returning or new players trying to play catch-up on mature servers. By the same token, I don't want to get to a point where there are no bounties I can claim because I max out based on my strength, but it seems the past system worked well enough. 9 bounties (if you have the posts) per day instead of 8 is a good deal. Go back to that piece of the old system so this is worth doing again, instead of a giant waste of time. 64 level 1 eud gems to make 1 level 4 one. At the current rate of payout, that could literally take months.

There have been a lot of hidden reductions in rewards in recent months, not just confined to eud bounties. This is the most obvious one, but they've tried to hide it in rewards by over-complicating the process to claim things.

Another concern regarding diminished rewards is less availability of clothing shards. Those aren't available anymore for "regular" event items in Lucky Exchange, by and large, so to get clothing sets we're stuck with very long waits and little availability unless we want to spend. A lot. And the players we convince to return are complaining about this, too. You had this right when these were more available, and you need to return the payout for them in the Lucky Exchange.

As also noted above, even after adding guild vault space (for a price, in gold), there are getting to be too many items again. We're back to just about everyone running up against limits again because too much has been added thoughtlessly. And documentation isn't really clear even on how to use things, so we're stuck with stuff that might even be useful, but we don't even know we can use it yet!

Having been critical about what we players see as problems (and, I'm sure, much more to follow), I have to say we've seen so many very badly botched updates and patches before, this one has gone in with somewhat minimal disruption. Sure, a little more lag here and there, and there are still crashes now that didn't happen before...not perfect. But, it's not like I'm hearing the server isn't staying up, or nobody can stay on line long enough to run an event, or that someone's whole inventory got wiped, or that players can't log in at all to their accounts. (That, and more, were past issues I saw first-hand.) Not perfect, but, credit where due, those technical issues are virtually absent here. That's better. It deserved mention. We're not getting game-stopping emergency maintenances all over the place right now...at least not the server I'm playing.

Comment

suggestion

as theirs 7 days in a week lmao hopefully

To be quite honest, I think they should just leave the 800 / 1600 points as they are. There are days that some would be sufficient in doing 150-200 devote a day with the way things are in the game. If people want to gun for the 1600 weekly chest, then they will put forth that little effort to do it. If we are going to suggest the 2100 or even 2500 chest, might I suggest they quit being stingy on the devotion points (5's to 10's, 10's to 15's, and so forth); at least make them worthwhile, since the 300 devo a day (times 7 for the week) can probably net you the 2100, but will have you tear your hair out in trying to do so. I know VIPs get that extra push, but to be really honest with you, mate, I don't think many people really want to get it after so much that has already happened; and there is no way of getting any VIP cards for free like in the past, either.
                      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

both castle wars and hero's trail are a waste of time, looks like they where made for dragon pal and kids, maybe we got them by mistake. must update VIP rewards with tanks gone. please bring back tanks and the three day a week gb's, devo is fine the way it is. dreamland puts me to sleep. hate sandbaggers in eud domain. plunders on our server cluster few do, basically bullies 3 times the br they beat up. having bullies in vortex plain who empty all plains on level 1 continuously (teabag699) what a pain
                        Live long and prosper.

Comment

Originally posted by wtfarmers View Post
                          You don't get ANY rewards from exploration at all. Its only purpose is to add a chance for an extra item when you do the bounty spot next to the tower.
                          If it auto-frees the eudaemon, you miss the chance for the extra item!
                          On the other hand, you can just leave the eudaemon in the tower, and you get a chance for an extra item from bounty spot every day, without having to redo the exploration.
                          The only issue is that it holds your eudaemon so you can't use it for patrol.
                          Wow, that's annoying.
                          Making the event a waste of time really isn't promising.

Since the thread is for suggestions....

(1) Just make exploration pay out what it shows.
                          (2) Fix bounties. Return the old levels and old system of levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Centaur0001 View Post

Wow, that's annoying.
                            Making the event a waste of time really isn't promising.

Since the thread is for suggestions....

(1) Just make exploration pay out what it shows.
                            (2) Fix bounties. Return the old levels and old system of levels.
                            Yes Exploration is basically a useless addition. If it rewards all items, or it could be started and cancelled at any time, then it is great improvement. For now, it's hardly worth the extra effort for a chance to get ONE extra item, which is most likely blood of zeus.

Comment

Looks like on top of all this, there's also a bug. If you go to a friend's map in Eudaemon Patrol, some euds now are not grayed out that are unavailable to quell a riot.

As for the other issue, I can't think Wartune is going to advertise their game with "Lowest Payouts Ever"...but I could be wrong. This needs a lot of re-work and a lot of work now.

Comment

Lets be honest here. It's an aging game that your trying to bleed to death with purchase events. Archaeology is a joke after lvl 60. You get totally worthless junk and very rarely something you can utilize. Change the look of campaigns... i can dream them in perfect detail i've done them so many times. All the events that are considered chance, are no such thing....you control the outcome in every aspect of those. Astrals are now just stupid, i would rather have to buy them than spend hours trying for a lucky drop. You now feel that catacomb bosses need that new buff or 2...why? Why would you place a buff on a Vortex boss that lasts over 100 turns....does anyone really fight them that long?? I'm surprised you haven't come up with the idea of an Agora, 1 place to go for all your purchase needs. Spend a little time thinking before acting on a poor idea. Even R2 hopefully has qualified ppl that can institute a look with a little flow to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X