Battleground flag hogging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleground flag hogging

Here is something obnoxious happened.I just returned to Wartune and did my first battleground session as i am short of insignias n honors.This is what happened a player on our side grabbed the flag and just refused to chk it in.He was running all over the battlegrd the whole session.This prevented the other players on the same side to have a go at the flag.the other party was having a great time grabbing our flags and won.the only guy who had the most points was the selfish player on our side who was holding on to the enemy flag all the time truout the whole session.Can something be done like putting a timer on the flag that it has to be cashed in to the resource collector within a time frame to prevent selfish acts or can u blacklist the player.

Some people think they will earn more honor during the fight if they slow down the flags. Other people are just jerks. It's not against the rules to be a jerk. Time limits for holding flags would end badly. People will just dog pile the flag holder until the flag times out.

The only thing I can suggest for you is to make note of the players who run around with the flag like that, and then if you see them on the team, leave, wait for the rejoin timer, and join a new team.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by R244381689 View Post
      Here is something obnoxious happened.I just returned to Wartune and did my first battleground session as i am short of insignias n honors.This is what happened a player on our side grabbed the flag and just refused to chk it in.He was running all over the battlegrd the whole session.This prevented the other players on the same side to have a go at the flag.the other party was having a great time grabbing our flags and won.the only guy who had the most points was the selfish player on our side who was holding on to the enemy flag all the time truout the whole session.Can something be done like putting a timer on the flag that it has to be cashed in to the resource collector within a time frame to prevent selfish acts or can u blacklist the player.
      so you 1 of the idiots who want to destroy bg and late it ends in 5 to 10min for you get few extra insigna who you can put on you farm just to destroyd all others chance on bg to max honor?

yea can se that is not fair that you sit could not destroyd bg that flage should not be on bg it is only add ther by r2 idiot who hate bg and want to destroyd it so can be end in 5min

Comment

BG, as with all other so-called cross platform PVP events, is total garbage. I gave them up when they made things one sided, unfair (putting Cliffords into the Puppy Bowl), and killed by putting them cross platform with no chance in communicating with the offending party (unless you have time to go to their platform, register, create a character, and then try to communicate).

Gone are the days where a fair fight is... fair.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

get ride of the flag .. Bring the old BG back and let them who like this mode of PVP enjoy it.. this new BG is nothing compared to the old one. Or make a new PVP to those players who wana carrie flags and do other stuff.. and bring the old BG back to uss BG lovers.. I know many PVP players who left the game bc of the BG change..
          Like a winderwind my whispers confuse you, they make yours ears freeze and before you notice Im gone by the wind. I made you heart hurt? Oh no, dont worry, Its just marks after my bow!
          Sticks like a rose and may be deadly..

Comment

hello,
            he must have done that to earn more honor! holding on to the bag will get you some honor!
            and it happens, its not against the rules! but sometimes people happen to do that. there is nothing that can be done

NoxShowBox VidMate

Last edited by vinitaschirag; 06-27-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

it wasnt to get honors but to sabotage this side of the team he is on to allow his wartune wife on the other team to win.If you get this kind of players on your tean then your team surely will be on the losing side

Comment

I like it back when I was attacking carting convoys (remember those?) and having those attack me as well. PVP back then was fun before it became all one sided.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by R244381689 View Post
                  People grab the flag and hold it the whole time to help prevent the bg from ending early on points. Many of the older players (and especially those who are high BR) are there to farm honor and want the bg to last as long as possible so they can rack up more wins. What I would recommend to "fix" the issue is change bg rules so that it doesn't end early based on points. That won't stop jerks who do it just to troll their own team, but it will take away the main reason players hog the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                    I like it back when I was attacking carting convoys (remember those?) and having those attack me as well. PVP back then was fun before it became all one sided.
                    I remember back when bg was same server and had 2 brackets. The server tops would spawn camp so that they could farm max honor, however, as the BR spread wasn't as large, it was possible for players to still beat the tops and it was possible to get past the spawn campers with coordination (have a stronger player trap them in battle so weaker players could get past and cart). There was always a degree of unfairness, but the BR gap was low enough that dryads were a viable counter that would guarantee weaker players 1-2 wins. Some would intentionally feed wins to someone who would beat them quickly so they could then dryad bomb players and get wins.
                    There has always been unfairness in bgs, but with it being a free to play, pay to win game, unfairness is expected and the current massive BR gap is the natural result of adding more and more for the bigger spenders to buy.
                    To give the devs some credit, I do believe that all these luck based mechanics were added to help lower BRs still have a chance to win despite the vast gap between bigger spenders and free to play/low spending players. However, that just served to add overpowered mechanics that the bigger spenders max first, making the fights even more one sided except for the rare reflect troll giving players an undeserved win. I also feel that the lack of balancing with these newer mechanics ruins a lot of potential. There could have been so much variety to keep fights more interesting, but instead, stun and chains are so overpowered that the vast majority use that build and those that don't suffer for it.

Comment

the flag needs to go! bg ended 12 minutes early and the new times for bg suck! only 4 times for it.
                      Sapphire
                      Mage Lvl.80:
                      BR:
                      106,802,118 Normal Mode
                      101,629,274 Dragon Mode
                      Server: S551 GlassMines
                      Guild: Spartans
                      Karma Will Grab You By The Hand and Lead You To Your Destiny

Comment

I want into Battleground for the first time today in a year. Been off the game for awhile. Anyway, I grab the flag, I didn't know I was suppose to do anything with until I accidentally ran into the resource officer. Well, lets just say, I now know how to get big points with my low battle rating. Grab the flag turn it in fast, repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by LornaMarie View Post
                          I want into Battleground for the first time today in a year. Been off the game for awhile. Anyway, I grab the flag, I didn't know I was suppose to do anything with until I accidentally ran into the resource officer. Well, lets just say, I now know how to get big points with my low battle rating. Grab the flag turn it in fast, repeat!
                          and its people like you that are ruining battlegrounds by ending a 30 minute event within 10 minutes! This is exactly why the flag needs to be removed, raise the point cap, team with most kills/flag return
                          Sapphire
                          Mage Lvl.80:
                          BR:
                          106,802,118 Normal Mode
                          101,629,274 Dragon Mode
                          Server: S551 GlassMines
                          Guild: Spartans
                          Karma Will Grab You By The Hand and Lead You To Your Destiny

Comment

If you get booted out of the game for any reason try restarting your computer. Often times walking away and coming back will fix the problem. The people online will still be there when you return so don’t fret. Also, here’s another tip: there is a lot of game developers that play the game with the paying gamers. Even though it’s not a beta version, they want to see how people enjoy all the game features. Reports can often leave out details and good feedback, not survey type stuff but who is winning challenging battles and who is getting contacted the most, what gets ignored and what gets the most attention. Who is teaming up with who to fight monsters, etc, etc. Computers are smart but they only do what they are told. Humans are stupid. Do the math!!!!

Comment

If you get booted out of the game for any reason try restarting your computer. Often times walking away and coming back will fix the problem. The people online will still be there when you return so don’t fret. Also, here’s another tip: there is a lot of game developers that play the game with the paying gamers. Even though it’s not a beta version, they want to see how people enjoy all the game features. Reports can often leave out details and good feedback, not survey type stuff but who is winning challenging battles and who is getting contacted the most, what gets ignored and what gets the most attention. Who is teaming up with who to fight monsters, etc, etc. Computers are smart but they only do what they are told. Humans are stupid. Do the math!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X