PLEASE change the new login

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE change the new login

I've been having issues with getting kicked off when I log on multiple characters on Chrome. Thankfully, I worked out that once they get kicked off I can log them on again in that same tab and they won't get kicked off again. Unfortunately, with this new launch page, once you log in and click 'Play Now", the game opens in a NEW tab. I can't keep any of them logged on now... and closing dozens of tabs trying is ridiculous. Please, PLEASE, PLEEEEASE fix it so that the game launches in the same window.
    Knight - 45 mil BR
    100% FREE player

It makes no sense why they changed the login,I can't log another character if i wanted
    to because if i go to another screen the game freezes up and I have to refresh/log back
    to get it to move.I could before these last changes,I honestly don't think they know
    what they are doing as far as coding.

and wartune is the only site with this problem,any other sites or even my other game
    and I can change between 3 or 4 open screens with no problem.so it's not on my end.

Comment

Mentors are usually on at least 3 servers at the same one, two as a mentor, and at least one as their played toon, and several do play multiple toons. The GMs are sometimes on far more servers, depending on what's going on and what needs to be monitored. None of them have reported any issues with keeping them all logged in. I am sometimes the 4th party member for a couple people who multi tab characters, and they haven't had any issues staying logged in. I don't know what's causing your characters to not stay logged in.

The game has opened in a new tab for me for as long as I can remember, so that's not a new thing. I don't know why it's only just now happening for you. There are browser extensions that can override that and open links in the same tab. I know Chrome has one that is called open links in same tab. Perhaps give that a try and see if that helps you, though I don't see how opening the game in a different tab would cause you to not stay logged in.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I don't know why YOURS has been opening in a new tab unless you have yours set to do so. The game has ALWAYS launched in the same window when clicking on 'Play Now' until just 3 days ago when they changed the Login page.

Personally, I despise pop-ups and use a pop-up blocker so I don't have to keep closing stuff I don't want opened... that goes for unwanted tabs, too. No, my pop-up blocker isn't closing it, I have r2games set as a safe site. There is NO reason to have the Login page on a separate tab when playing the game!

Per your suggestion, I searched Chrome's Settings for 'link' and nothing was found. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome, even selected the 'reset to default' and nothing is helping.

As I've explained before... 'something' changed and after several years of being able to play multiple toons fine (I launched the browser, created 4 tabs and rotated thru them logging each character on their own separate tab). Now (in the past few weeks) every time I log on, by the 4th toon I cycle back to the 1st toon's tab and it's been kicked off. I log that one back on and the 2nd gets kicked off. I have to keep logging all of them on twice... but then, I'm fine... I don't even get kicked off when I'm afk for too long on one. I can play for a few hours and then shockwave crashes and I have to start all over again. IF, however, I decide to CLOSE one and open another tab to log it back on, I have to go thru the whole cycle again... so it's easier just to refresh them all. The whole process takes 10 minutes, so I no longer can do a 'quick' refresh. Oh, and if I decide to only log in 2 or 3 and not the 4th, I still get logged off... it just happens anywhere from 1 minute to an hour later and I have no way to predict when it will happen or how badly it'll mess up my game (like trying to run speed or in 'crucial' battles, like Lord's Trial).

As I stated in my initial post, by having the game launch in a separate tab now, it's a vicious cycle trying to log on because each launch is in a FRESH tab and IMPOSSIBLE for me to play in Chrome. I'm currently using another browser but it has freezing issues and I'm about ready to just give up and walk away.
        Knight - 45 mil BR
        100% FREE player

Comment

Oh yeah, another item of note I forgot to mention, and one that I am SO familiar with now... the "Login Failure - Redirecting to login screen in 3 seconds" screen is hanging up and not taking you to the Login screen.
          Knight - 45 mil BR
          100% FREE player

Comment

I didn't say it was a Chrome setting, I said Chrome has an extension called open link in same tab. Since you believe opening the game in a new tab is causing at least some of your troubles, then you should take a look at that extension and see if helps.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

don't matter if i do open in new tab or open in new window,it still will freeze.
              and only for wartune,no other sites or games as i play lotro and have
              had 3 other tabs up plus the game with no problem.so i don't see how it
              could be something on my end when i opened 7 different sites today out
              of curiosity while logged on to lotro with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Arandeath View Post
                don't matter if i do open in new tab or open in new window,it still will freeze.
                and only for wartune,no other sites or games as i play lotro and have
                had 3 other tabs up plus the game with no problem.so i don't see how it
                could be something on my end when i opened 7 different sites today out
                of curiosity while logged on to lotro with no problems.
                Where the sites heavy flash based browser games? Wartune is extremely demanding.

Did you do the flash update that dropped not that long ago? If you did do the update, did the issue begin before or after that update?

Comment

Working...
                X