Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Eudaemon Domain Matching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eudaemon Domain Matching

Now that all of the whining and crying about Eudaemon Domain matching has altered the event registration I'm curious to know how the matching for the event now works. I have included a screen shot from my bracket last night with the highest and lowest BRs displayed (ZardOZ at 157164906 v. Wicked1 at 53529976 for a BR spread of 103.6m). Clearly BR has almost no impact, if any, on how matching is determined hence the reason for this post. Thanks in advance.

haha
    now u get the whining from top ppl saying they cant get rewards as they cant progress 1st fight cuz they v;s other top ppl karma is a pain isn't it

Comment

It is amusing how a simple inquiry can be interpreted as complaining. If you look at the two players in the example/screenshot you'll notice that they don't even directly involve me; it was the massive difference in BR between those two that got me thinking. Good for you though. Clearly your reading comprehension and analytical thinking skills were at the top of your class.

Comment

Looking at my Tartarus bracket, I have the lowest BR but the highest isn't more than 5 mil higher than me, which is far better than the +30-50mil people I was being matched with before, but there seems to be a lot of people in the mid-range of BR so easier to line up the matches. I presume it will be a little more difficult in the upper range, since there's far less people up there.

It should be sorting people by BR, but will take into account which realm people signed up for, and how many people signed up. If a group is full, the odd person out could get thrown into the next not full group. Or it could be broken, which is always a possibility. It'll be hard to tell with just one sample. Keep an eye on it for a few days and see if it balances itself out, please.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Thanks for the response MemoryLane. I'll collect some more data over the next week or so and take it from there. Again, very much appreciated.

Comment

Being as I heard the patch was supposed to correct the issue with people artificially lowering their BRs for easier fights, I've been keeping an eye on BR spreads. What I'm seeing a lot of on my main account is groupings where the majority are fairly close in BR and then one whale who is nearly twice the BR of everyone else. On my alt accounts, I'm not seeing nearly as many wildly out of place big BRs, mostly they're all fairly close.
            What I suspect is that the higher in BR you get, the fewer possible opponents there are to match against, resulting in some of these wildly unfair matchups where we have a group of 40-50 mil players and one 90 mil mini- whale mixed in.
            My suggestion to correct this (if my suspicion is correct and that is the reason for this issue) is to simply use NPC placeholders when there aren't enough players in the BR range to match against.

Comment

157 million? That's crazy, the top BR in my server group is 98. I bet even if you put all the top 16 players in that bracket, the BR spread would still be 70 mil or more. And they have to have some random shuffling, or it's really unfair, so this result is pretty much what has to happen.
              The extreme outlier is not a very good example to use when making comments about how the matching works. Brackets a little further down the ladder show a high consistency of BR, with necessary randomness mixed in.

Comment

The issue is that putting these top guys and gals in significantly lower BR matchups is very unfair to those in the lower BR matchups. If it was a rare thing (less than once per week), it might not be so bad, but it happens multiple times per week.
                I think giving them NPC fillers would be more fair all the way around. The result for them is pretty much the same, and it helps keep things more fair for the rest of us. You can see in the vid below, the BR spread in matching today is 37 mil at the lowest to 126 mil at the highest.

Last edited by KS222; 07-03-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

got registrated with 4mil above my real BR

Comment

I think this does not solve the issue, and the reasoning is the game picks you now on highest ever achieved and recorded br ...So when you pot up scroll up etc an for example go into Athena's war put there in the line with hp your Br will go sky rocketing high specially if ya together with your spouse in it. Meaning your Br will show a significant difference with the correct Br whatcan be more then 20mill even depending your normal Br to start with. Secondly high Br does not have to count for lets say 4 high Will-powers, further more players with low to medium sized Will-powers in lower eudamon domain of the 2 options now run the show there while the 1's who do not have a Wp get smacked to piece's in that part... So my way of looking at this is that a few whiners who just did not wanted to strip got killed a few times and run to the dev's crying day after day till they got it set to highest Br ever recorded good note to that part you f***** yourself long term .Now harry perhaps you should look into the fact before making a comment like that that the Hugh Br sized players do not really need the rewards so you only screwing up the players that are somewhere between and caught by the crying fools (like you apparently) who in first place just: A) where stupid and did not strip themselves before signup or: B) could not be bothered doing it cause whining is more fun ....just my tiny little thinking of it and yes probly will give me some real bad responses about way of typing and what i typed hihi... good thing of that i do not care it is not my native language
                    Theonlyghost
                    Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
                    Server : S122 US-East
                    Guild : Fenix
                    Class : Mage
                    IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

Can R2 devs change this matching with BR? or give me 3mil more BR as i seem like to get after i have registred?? tryed div combo of pet but none give me the br eud domain showing

Comment

Following up on my original post. Here is tonight's match-up, this time in Tartarus Realm. BR range is from 47m to 95m for a spread of 48m from weakest to strongest. Included a screenshot with the high and low highlighted.

Comment

Originally posted by Immilyn View Post
                          Following up on my original post. Here is tonight's match-up, this time in Tartarus Realm. BR range is from 47m to 95m for a spread of 48m from weakest to strongest. Included a screenshot with the high and low highlighted.
                          Do you have an idea of what the spread would be without the BR inflation?
                          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

The two characters highlighted in my last post have unbuffed BRs of 41m and 90m for a 49m BR spread. Hopefully this helps.

Comment

GM Equinox has reported this to the devs and stressed it has been happening since the patch. She has suggested the look for the miscalculations in the matching.

Comment

Working...
                              X