X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R26211131
    started a topic Remove wartopia .... so usless for 1 h

Remove wartopia .... so usless for 1 h

Guys u made so big deal for wartopia for what ? ... ppl is enough to kill npc and get done all ( selfish more to make this npc ) ..an event where a big map without having time to do all quest ... exctly after 5 min many ppl where kicked from wartopia for no resom is not afk guys but 5 min with 50% speed reduce u can't make it ... so long if no1 can follow the quest ? u made an event where 80 % is not working , Huge map .. ppl canot follow the quest .... and only a few who kill npc ... basic who killes more NPC is the winner ... usless ... remove it guys ... is not possible a cross server event to have such a bad timing desing and worst ppl can't move inside ... REMOVE ... bring sometin that ppl can can work toghether sometin that makes easyer for low players not only top players

• MemoryLane
    replied
    Originally posted by nickylove62 View Post

when the heck is it anyway i only see the event has ended? WHEN IS THE EVENT AND WHY DONT YOU POST IT IN HELP FOR WARTOPIA MORONS?
    Wartopia was on open on 8/19. Wartopia is not a weekly event. The next instance of this event is not yet available, so can't be posted anywhere at this time.

It was posted in the guide that was stickied in News and Events 3 days prior to the event opening, which I just moved over to the the guides section today. http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...65208-wartopia

It was also listed in the event panel when the icon appeared 3 days before the event opened.

Leave a comment:

• nickylove62
    replied
    Originally posted by Evel... View Post
    omg my current chat is not even working !!!!!

can t attack ppl, the players I see are not nearby

I agree REMOVE this **** !!!
    when the heck is it anyway i only see the event has ended? WHEN IS THE EVENT AND WHY DONT YOU POST IT IN HELP FOR WARTOPIA MORONS?

Leave a comment:

• R23224943
    replied
    1 hour is WAY to long. 30 min this event should be

19:00 - 19:30 wartopia
    19:30 - 19:50 hero trail
    20:00+ athena/IW/ares/venus

Leave a comment:

• R26211131
    replied
    Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

Those aren't changes to the event. The only change that was made to the event was the inclusion of the rewards that were removed from the other shops following the end of a special event no one was told was happening. The cost of rewards wasn't changed from what was intended. It's not mentioned anywhere that there would be a 5 minute preparation announcement, and many events don't have one.

Given that a change is something that is different to how it was before, and this is the first time we've had Wartopia, I'm not sure changes is the term you want. Perhaps you are asking why no one's replied to your thread to let you know your feedback has been noted?

For the record, the list that was forwarded, which was compiled from a dozen Wartopia threads, is as follows:
    The map is too big.
    Allow carted resources to be dropped off at an NPC that can't be killed.
    God's Mark payout is too low, given the event is not weekly.
    Event shop prices are too high.
    Expiring currency is always a bad idea.
    The timing of the event is less than ideal. (this is the least likely suggestion to pass, but it was frequently mentioned and so it gets forwarded too)

MemoryLane u should check this . Battleground Panel
    • Players can enter the event 5 minutes before the start of the event
    • I tooked from wartopia guide .. never happen this way as the guide says

Leave a comment:

• MrFancyPants
    replied

Having it be a guild event means those not in a guild wouldn't be able to participate. Guilds that prefer to stay small for social reasons would be at a severe disadvantage. Servers with a lot of people would be able to merge their guilds to have the maximum number of members, putting most everyone else at a disadvantage too. With it being a server vs server vs server, there's just enough action that even with a few powerhouses on the field, you can still sneak around and get some of those personal quests done.

Being able to run away from spawn while dead resolves issues with spawn campers. I saw a dozen people hanging around the spawn area waiting for people to run by so they could be killed. Those powerhouses would essentially be able to shut out a whole team if dead people have no choice but to run into them.

Of all of the things wrong with this event, those two are the things I feel are the most right with it.
    I disagree - the rewards for this event are so trivial no one's going to change their guild affiliation just for this. Imperial war is a much bigger reason to do that already. I have mixed feelings about whether this should be a server or guild event, but I don't think there are particularly compelling reasons for either.

And allowing opposing players in spawn is still bad. Especially since it's a server and not a guild event, so you have no way to control if there is a swarm of players sitting afk in the spawn area, feeding kills to the other teams. I'm not sure if this event does an auto-kick for idle players (if it does I sincerely hope it's not conditional on something stupid, like getting points), but either way this is a real concern.

Leave a comment:

• andrejsergej21
    replied

Having it be a guild event means those not in a guild wouldn't be able to participate. Guilds that prefer to stay small for social reasons would be at a severe disadvantage. Servers with a lot of people would be able to merge their guilds to have the maximum number of members, putting most everyone else at a disadvantage too. With it being a server vs server vs server, there's just enough action that even with a few powerhouses on the field, you can still sneak around and get some of those personal quests done.

Being able to run away from spawn while dead resolves issues with spawn campers. I saw a dozen people hanging around the spawn area waiting for people to run by so they could be killed. Those powerhouses would essentially be able to shut out a whole team if dead people have no choice but to run into them.

Of all of the things wrong with this event, those two are the things I feel are the most right with it.
    nah if ppl not merge in big guilds for imperial war thy will not do same for this stuff be sure and in imperial war you have good reason to fight and get place at end of season so i will stay by my opinion that is better to be guild vs guild vs guild and not servers cuz thy will be allways same story cuz is only 10-12 servers now in eu servers
    Last edited by andrejsergej21; 08-24-2018, 05:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MemoryLane
    replied
    Originally posted by andrejsergej21 View Post
    ok one stuff is there good no dryeds like in bg that you can use in BATELGROUND TOOOO !!!! but next things are not so good like that first like 1 server - team that is not good coz you have few servers rosters of 4-6 servers and few of 20+ and there i think is maybe better to be 3 teams = 3 guilds other is 1h play for nothing realy suck like we need 10 years to get tarra grass for lvl up no tnx better to not get it at all then and last i not see point to ppl can leave base if thy are dead (60 seconds) realy ppl in that time can run away to next base without problem and no one can stop them. After all this i get to result 1 good - 3 bad side of wartopia and yes in that way it sucks and i not see any1 will spent there 1h of thy lifes to get few tarra grass or other stuff in so little amount

Leave a comment:

• andrejsergej21
    replied
    ok one stuff is there good no dryeds like in bg that you can use in BATELGROUND TOOOO !!!! but next things are not so good like that first like 1 server - team that is not good coz you have few servers rosters of 4-6 servers and few of 20+ and there i think is maybe better to be 3 teams = 3 guilds other is 1h play for nothing realy suck like we need 10 years to get tarra grass for lvl up no tnx better to not get it at all then and last i not see point to ppl can leave base if thy are dead (60 seconds) realy ppl in that time can run away to next base without problem and no one can stop them. After all this i get to result 1 good - 3 bad side of wartopia and yes in that way it sucks and i not see any1 will spent there 1h of thy lifes to get few tarra grass or other stuff in so little amount

Leave a comment:

• MemoryLane
    replied
    Originally posted by R26211131 View Post

MemoryLane 1st changes was the 5 min praparation before announce ( supposed to be like CW ) ... once it started nobody knew that already started ( that was a change )
    2nd change and worst was the rewards , is it normal u spend 1 h inside for 2 , 3 k points and all u get is sometin that u can get a lot easyer from daily events .... I am pretty sure that was a huge change .....and honestly we need to think positive about sometin that didn't worked ... in Oceanic server we have many issues but wartopia so far we think is better not have such an event where only really a few ppl can follow the quest personal or server...
    Those aren't changes to the event. The only change that was made to the event was the inclusion of the rewards that were removed from the other shops following the end of a special event no one was told was happening. The cost of rewards wasn't changed from what was intended. It's not mentioned anywhere that there would be a 5 minute preparation announcement, and many events don't have one.

Given that a change is something that is different to how it was before, and this is the first time we've had Wartopia, I'm not sure changes is the term you want. Perhaps you are asking why no one's replied to your thread to let you know your feedback has been noted?

For the record, the list that was forwarded, which was compiled from a dozen Wartopia threads, is as follows:
    The map is too big.
    Allow carted resources to be dropped off at an NPC that can't be killed.
    God's Mark payout is too low, given the event is not weekly.
    Event shop prices are too high.
    Expiring currency is always a bad idea.
    The timing of the event is less than ideal. (this is the least likely suggestion to pass, but it was frequently mentioned and so it gets forwarded too)

Leave a comment:

• R26211131
    replied

I'm going to presume that when you say 'you' and 'your', you are referring to R2, and you only tagged me because you know I'll answer the question.

Wartopia was tested in a test server, worked fine. They then participated in the event on an oceanic server, and it worked fine. It wasn't until the event went live on Euro servers that major issues were being reported, though some who experienced issues were also on an oceanic server, and the issues snowballed through the rest of the time zone. At this moment, no one knows why it started off fine and then severely bugged for most people through the rest of the day. The issues will be addressed before the next instance, which will most likely be next month but has not yet been confirmed.

I'm not sure what changes you are referring to that haven't been announced.
    MemoryLane 1st changes was the 5 min praparation before announce ( supposed to be like CW ) ... once it started nobody knew that already started ( that was a change )
    2nd change and worst was the rewards , is it normal u spend 1 h inside for 2 , 3 k points and all u get is sometin that u can get a lot easyer from daily events .... I am pretty sure that was a huge change .....and honestly we need to think positive about sometin that didn't worked ... in Oceanic server we have many issues but wartopia so far we think is better not have such an event where only really a few ppl can follow the quest personal or server...
    Last edited by R26211131; 08-24-2018, 09:11 AM. Reason: is important to know what went wrong with wartopia to improve we need to share ideas and find better ways to make it better for all players cashers or non

Leave a comment:

• Luussje
    replied

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda hoping they can't fix the problems and never release it again.

But, I'm also hoping they take everyone's suggestions into account when they do fix the problems, and then maybe it'll be somewhat of an enjoyable event. People have been wanting a battleground with no dryads, no flags, and more people, but what they created just totally missed the mark.
    Bg with more people; what actually helps is to not loose 200 honor for 1 kill but only gain 500 with double honor scroll for 1 kill, because the reality will be for most to be killed 10x (2k honor loose) and kill 1x (gain 500 or maybe 800 with the scroll) if can't affort vip/dont wanna spend money for to bugged game... and in current bg a lot off big shots go for the mobs in the middle for some dryads so less chance at scratching them even... the flag totally annoying too...

This wartopia (craptopia, lagtopia, bugtopia) i dont think anyone really enjoyed, the old csgb was less annoying...

Leave a comment:

• MemoryLane
    replied
    Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post

why it worked fine on test servers its due to not many servers being involved actually how many servers were involved in the test ?
    Test environment is different, and only has a handful R2 staff on it, so it wouldn't matter how many servers were created for the test.
    how many servers involved when event actually realised for all? crossserver servers west? east? euro? oceanic? from all the platforms in the event
    I said R2, well one R2 staff member, participated in the event while it was running on oceanic servers. It would have been 3 server groups in, just like every other instance had. However, oceanic servers tend to be smaller and there's less cross platform servers since ProC only has west servers.
    the problem is too many servers the game cant handle the quantity
    I don't think the number of people in the event was the whole problem. Some server groups are tiny, and fought other tiny groups. They still had issues.
    best remove wartopia do proper testing before releasing to all
    I'm one foot in the remove Wartopia camp, and one foot in the hope they fix the bugs and implement all of the suggestions before the next time Wartopia runs but I know not to hold my breath camp. They have time to work on things, since Wartopia is not a weekly event. We'll have to wait and see if notes are put in a future maintenance, or if we get told the bugs have been fixed. If we get told nothing at all, it'll be because changes were made to make it run better but they aren't sure the changes will work until it runs live again.

Leave a comment:

• Xharry005x
    replied

I'm going to presume that when you say 'you' and 'your', you are referring to R2, and you only tagged me because you know I'll answer the question.

Wartopia was tested in a test server, worked fine. They then participated in the event on an oceanic server, and it worked fine. It wasn't until the event went live on Euro servers that major issues were being reported, though some who experienced issues were also on an oceanic server, and the issues snowballed through the rest of the time zone. At this moment, no one knows why it started off fine and then severely bugged for most people through the rest of the day. The issues will be addressed before the next instance, which will most likely be next month but has not yet been confirmed.

I'm not sure what changes you are referring to that haven't been announced.
    why it worked fine on test servers its due to not many servers being involved actually how many servers were involved in the test ?

how many servers involved when event actually realised for all? crossserver servers west? east? euro? oceanic? from all the platforms in the event

the problem is too many servers the game cant handle the quantity

best remove wartopia do proper testing before releasing to all

Leave a comment:

• MemoryLane
    replied
    Originally posted by R22289894 View Post
    a well will end up the carbage bin like all other events they cant fix
    Not gonna lie, I'm kinda hoping they can't fix the problems and never release it again.

But, I'm also hoping they take everyone's suggestions into account when they do fix the problems, and then maybe it'll be somewhat of an enjoyable event. People have been wanting a battleground with no dryads, no flags, and more people, but what they created just totally missed the mark.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X