Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Seeking Skill Advice for lvl 44 Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Skill Advice for lvl 44 Mage

Hello! I've just hit level 44, and now have 2 saved up skill points, unsure of what path to take. Delphic Hell Thunder or Blessed Light? Either one will take me four skill points to reach (so the 2 I have, plus 4 more levels). I'll add some screen shots of my current setup below. I figure I'll hit level 45 this weekend, and will have enough honor by then to purchase the level 45 PvP gear from the arena. Thanks in advance!

Oh, and while I got suckered into doing a VIP thing, I don't buy Balens, so no skill builds based around money spending.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wt1.gif
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1734112Click image for larger version

Name:	wt2.gif
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1734113Click image for larger version

Name:	wt3.gif
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	1734114
    Last edited by WetQuim; 01-17-2013, 06:37 PM.

if u're not casher, u must have bless light and puri
    if not... no one will take u to higher lvl dungeon

Comment

Puri, you need that for lvl 45 mp.
      At lvl 48, take bless. (Better if you just reset your skill ._.)

Lvl 45 up in need a healing mage, not attacking.
      If your healing skill low, no one want to team up with you.
      And I tell you, never try to go all attack as mage, give more focus on healing.
      S24 - Reaper's Illusion
      IGN - Vein

Comment

this should be what you get at lv. 46 as a non cashier mage.

Name:	46 mage.JPG
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1663960

what you should be aiming for is this at lv. 60 as a non cashier mage.

everyone love a healing mage at MPD

Name:	60 noncashier mage.JPG
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1663961

Having purify in BADLAND is very helpful for groups around your level to clear out the bleed damage. of course if you having 60/70 running you you don't even need to heal. but if you running with people your own level.

having a healing mage/purif is a must for that dungeon.

for GoD, TL. later people are always looking for a healing mage for groups.

you might be begged and bugged constantly by people for your healing abilities. Blessed light is NOT a must, but having it for emergency is very helpful.

our lv. 70 mage currently set it this way on her toolbar.

she have Lightning, Rain of Fire, Suntoria, Purify, Blessed Light.

during normal group mobs, she toss out Rain of Fire and it help clear out those groups fast regardless if it's 6 or 4 mob groups.

during boss fight she swap Rain of Fire out for Restoration going pure support.

People will love you for your healing skills.

I guarantee it
        Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

Edit: post above me already gave best option
          Last edited by R2471526; 01-17-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

So that's good for MPD. But what about PvP? Things like guild wars and battlegrounds and regular arena?

Comment

Originally posted by WetQuim View Post
              So that's good for MPD. But what about PvP? Things like guild wars and battlegrounds and regular arena?
              well for PVP there are actually only 2 SKILL that is mostly reliable for PVP DPS mage.

for PVP. which is Arena and Group Arena.

mage basically chain is basically 2 skill.

Rain of Fire and Meteoric Destroyer if you can max those 2 out. then you are good for PVP.

basically startup chain is this. once you have PVP set.

Rain of Fire, Lightning, Meteoric Destroyer, Rain of Fire again. by now anything around your level SHOULD BE DEAD.

if not. toss out another lightning and ROF or Meteoric Destroyer and they should be dead.

now the above skill tree i posted solely for MPD.

but if you want a little bit of both to maximize damage you can try to get the dual tree. if you don't want to spend the money. then solely focus on MPD. because sooner or later you will have enough skill points for the damage also.

by Lv. 68 you should have all the skill you need for MPD and PVP AOE DPS Mage set up already.

Name:	68 mage.JPG
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1663962
              Last edited by 御萧xXLJXx; 01-17-2013, 11:11 PM.
              Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

level 74 for the wb set up too for delphic

Comment

Lol, I think level 68 and 74 are still quite a ways away from my little level 44. But thanks for the advice! Gives me something to build on.

Comment

will take you about month and a half ish, maybe a little more

Comment

go read this:

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-Archer-Knight

Personally - I would drop both points into castinator. gotta love when you can drop 3 AoE skills in a row... ^_^

This is my set up currently:

http://prntscr.com/pjr2s
                      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

if u are not planning on opening up another skill tree, u should go with mix build. yes, purification is a must for level 45 MPD a.k.a Badlands. this is my build at level 44. at level 46 i suggest u take that meteor because i don't think blessing is necessary at your level. maintaining suntoria all the time & cast restore occasionally is good enough. the reason y i didn't get suntoria 3 is because the upgrade is just 1%, it's too small to be significant. get it when u gain more level. the same goes with restore. that's what i did back then & i did just fine in game. but of course, it's up to u to decide...

Name:	mage level 44 hybrid.png
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	1663967
                        Last edited by R24152717; 01-18-2013, 05:54 AM.
                        I don't need a plan.....just a goal, the others.....will follow on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by R24152717 View Post
                          if u are not planning on opening up another skill tree, u should go with mix build. yes, purification is a must for level 45 MPD a.k.a Badlands. this is my build at level 44. at level 46 i suggest u take that meteor because i don't think blessing is necessary at your level. maintaining suntoria all the time & cast restore occasionally is good enough. the reason y i didn't get suntoria 3 is because the upgrade is just 1%, it's too small to be significant. get it when u gain more level. the same goes with restore. that's what i did back then & i did just fine in game. but of course, it's up to u to decide...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32289[/ATTACH]
                          perfect hybrid!! Still miss this setup, as it is more versatile than double skills in my opinion, I may make one of my skill trees look like this and the other one be an arena attack goon

one thing though, max out the castinator. I know its a pain, but it is soooo worth it in the end and you end up needing it, even though the skill calculator says you dont. Just get it early and reap the benefits. Do it at level 46 and be done with it!
                          Last edited by R23221469; 01-18-2013, 07:12 AM.
                          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Working...
                          X