Lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag

In times past, Wartune had crossed a point where it acknowledged all its lag couldn't possibly be "operator error," or users' system issues. In robust cooperation with the player community it provided a link, docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeV-r3ExkeGgj3tR1d_FfVOcaOnFoD8Qbes7KJ-spPmTQAXbQ/formResponse, for the reporting of lag-related issues. Is this still good?

With the advent of the 8.X patches, and, we players feel, specifically the Goddess "enhancement" (please see the Goddess Implementation thread comments already in this section of the forum), there was a massive uptick in lag. Everyone seems to be impacted. It seems to us to be related to heavy graphics within the game.

Now, specifically with the 8.3 patch, overlapped for many with server merges, we're at a point where the game is nearly unplayable. For some, it's past that point, so that, for example, we've got a couple who are impacted in Castle Wars so they can enter battle once, hang, and never get to leave the room without a refresh. (In a timed event, how is it even possible to participate normally and fairly like this?) Some others, especially at peak times of day, manifest additional problems, including difficulty logging in (often from overseas locations) for 10-45 minutes, spontaneous browser crashes especially on Microsoft browsers (I'm seeing this myself as I have to rotate through SEVEN OR EIGHT browsers to test bugs because of all the pushback on support tickets telling me I report things without testing or reason), stuttering (I see this on every browser on various servers where I have toons), slow graphics manifestation (I'll see some of my skills running 40-60 seconds sometimes after I've used them and after the chat window shows I've lost a battle), and there's a long, long list of server load and graphics load issues related to lag, latency, crashing out, any and all of those kinds of things that tell us again we've past a point where this game is over-developed graphically, and not supported sufficiently for the number of players now crowded into the new merged servers at the same time.

Personally, I think there' probably room for the number of players in the merged servers, but not with the graphics issues going on.

As this is a repeat performance after promises it wouldn't happen again, people aren't even bothering to complain at this point. They're just starting to go silent again. In large numbers.

In view of the past situations where we got past denial and eventually something was done to stop much of the lag, can we possibly jump on this issue again now and review what is certainly a vital game issue? I'm seeing people using cross-server bullhorns only today yelling again because lag is so bad. I'm hearing several guilds just not bothering to do events because you can't get real combat going on...sometimes I'm dead in arena before the event window even opens, or have won without seeming to throw a shot. That's not fun, that's not Wartune, that's a boring mess that nobody is her/his right mind is actually going to continue paying to endure. As we all know this is a revenue issue for 7Road, perhaps we might see it addressed urgently on that basis...before nobody is around to see it addressed on that basis or any other.

Remind me of which server group you're on again?
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I'm on Kabam/GameRocks S36, which I think is listed under the S14 group.

Comment

Thank you. Your message was received and replied to as well.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I have for the last few weeks not been able to play in the Castle Wars portion of the game i have sent tickets in about being stuck and not being able to do any battle. I HAVE REFRESHED AND CLEARED CACHE so many times. I am beginning to believe that the devs get a kickback for all the refreshes that happen. If I refresh in Castle wars I am not able to re-enter the battle. I get the error message--you are a fugitive from the game and am not allowed to reenter the battle. So normally i just go into battle 1 time and then wait until the guild says something about the event being completed so that i can refresh. Also as stated above from Centaurs post. I get in some battles (i.e. outpost, arena, and world boss to name a few) and i see the message stating battle is over win or lose and my toon hasn't moved. or I am still in the battle for 15-20 seconds after battle has closed. I cannot do proper battle when I lag so much and the other servers don't seem to have any lag. Most of us turn off the goddess's during events so that the lag is not the monster problem with fighting win or lose.

Gamerocks.com server 36 WyvernFang

Comment

they do not care about lag..... all they do is make it more laggy'r see stupid league rumble for example even worse in lag then old chaos war 90% of battle of the total time waiting to be able to throw a spell then time up and you in next battle remove that **** ....and fix the lag
            Lag is bad everywhere you can run game for 25 min then you just freeze up all what you type you see showing up letter for letter after ya already Finished typing for a while
            opening your inventory can take up to 5 min before everything is loaded in
            Do not try to do something after each other cause by time ya on third thing of the day you need to refresh and refresh and refresh really getting ridicules!
            For rest all centaur state's we have the same lag issue's badly

it takes the last part of fun out
            in case ya wanna know the server group here it is

kabam/wonderhill now gamerocks server group S29/31 (loads of bad apple's mostly) with rest 106,S108,S110,S116,S118,S120,S122,S124,S126,S128,S130,S132,S134,S136,S138,S140,S142,S144,S146,S148,S150,S152,S154,S156,S158,S160,S162,S164,S166,S168,S170,S172,S174,S176,S178,S180,S182,S184,S186,S188,S190,S192,S193,S195,S196,S198,S199,S201,S202 (good apples mostly)
            Last edited by theghosthimself; 01-24-2019, 07:46 AM.
            Theonlyghost
            Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
            Server : S122 US-East
            Guild : Fenix
            Class : Mage
            IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

I have noticed something and maybe it is the cause for some of the lag. I think some of the lag is related to inventory. I did the holy forge event over the past couple of days, I did 600 times and each time I did it, lag would become unbearable. Even if I just refreshed and did the holy forge 600 times and nothing else, lag would get real bad and would have to refresh.

Also each time I collect hot event rewards, there is a delay each time I click collect.

Comment

Just had a Castle Wars with more than a dozen from our guild in the event...only one had a dozen kills, because we're all lagging so badly. The opponents from S34 didn't seem to have that problem, most had 18+ kills.

If you can't even finish using one room like Holy Forge for an event reward, or clear cookies and cache and get nowhere, or if you're waiting 30-60 seconds or more for the last three inventory item icons to load, or, like many tonight, if you can't use skills in Castle Wars or crash out TWICE during an eight minute event, or if skills continually go stale in eudaemon bounty hunts or sylph expeditions or arena...and if that's just the START of the list...maybe, just maybe, this isn't a single user doing something a little wrong with his system. Maybe, just maybe, this is the game, or server clusters, or SOMETHING that isn't a matter of one or two users doing something stupid.

Don't get me wrong. I've made my mistakes just like the rest of us. If I don't tell support I've cleared my cookies and cache and tried multiple browsers, and they ask me to, then I do it (again, if need be), because that's just fair. If I put it in my ticket that I already did that multiple times, and that's their answer...then they're not even reading my ticket, and that's happened, too...not just once.

We've got players not playing anymore because of this issue. It's not purely a player issue. Is it MY server cluster(s)? I can't answer that. I suspect some perform better than others. But, right now, this minute, we've got players logging out forever because they're tired of this. This among several things, perhaps. But, if server load is the issue, please fix it. If it's something else with overweaning graphics killing the ability of the browser to handle in a crowded room, please fix it. Whatever it is, there's only so much longer a large bunch here are going to play, spend or no spend, if we literally can't play the game. It's neither a fair nor a fun fight if you crash out during every big battle.

What is getting done on this?
                Last edited by Centaur0001; 01-23-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

perfect written Centaur.

here a few other
                  playtime is minimized to 45 min then you need to refresh, if not you see game going rapidly towards slow motion and do not have the ball's to open a online newspaper on other tab and read that etc in between cause then your playable moments without heavy lag is drastically reduced .Funny part it is only the tab where the game is on everything else stays fast!

BTW do not try to left click (left handed players) or right click (right handed players) and do clear cache cause ya feckt up then and need refresh since it does not clean/delete cache it messes all up.
                  After 2 or 3 Refreshes you even basically forced to run Ccleaner to get rit of all the game **** to be able to play the game again
                  if you working on e-mails etc in between and do copy paste for example you can refresh the game as well since you not able to type anymore unless you do minimize maximize browser but after that yo get heavy lag
                  Annoying fastkey pop ups suddenly in middle of typing in chat what drive's ya nuts (get a on off button as there is for seeing other toons or not) what is loading in graphics what makes game faster slow
                  we used to have lag sometimes worse then other times how so ever since patch 8.0 its terrible.
                  Gamerocks players who used to be able to see ticket history can not anymore since patch 8.0

After they did the data moving to other data server it seems only to get worse...
                  even this forum often gives the yellow block with the word working for a min or more before a reply is posted and do ot dare to react straight after on a other caue you get the pop up that you can not and have to wait for 1500 something seconds (what is milli sec cause click again and the reply or new post is there)

So Basically said FIX THE LAG and all happy
                  Theonlyghost

Comment

Well said, Centaur. I don't know anyone who doesn't suffer from these problems - and yet we still hit a brick wall with trying to get the devs to admit there is a problem and then to come up with an effective solution.
                    FireAndIce
                    Mage +112m
                    Spouse: Styx (+110m br archer)
                    Ancients guild
                    Gamerocks S8

(merged with S2, S6, S12, S39, S66 & S73)

Comment

try to do lords trial from stage 1 to 30 in 1 go... you go slower after each stage taking uo arround 3-5 min at last stage to clear

Comment

Originally posted by theghosthimself View Post
                        perfect written Centaur.

So Basically said FIX THE LAG and all happy
                        Brevity is the soul of wit. Yeah, I'll go with that.

Originally posted by FireAndIceS8 View Post
                        Well said, Centaur. I don't know anyone who doesn't suffer from these problems - and yet we still hit a brick wall with trying to get the devs to admit there is a problem and then to come up with an effective solution.
                        It's the devs' job to "dev"...or so I expect they feel. They develop past the point where the game even functions, all the way to oblivion, and don't understand because they don't test on a "real world" connection (like the players have), so they don't see it because their QC/QA procedures are fatally flawed. And, when people stop spending...or, worse in the long run for all of us, leave...they put in a "returning player" event as if that's going to fix the issue that a player can't even play the game if they can't see it or stay connected through events. It's not a fun game if all you get is lag, so if you left because of lag, why return to more of it?...more to the devs' points, why actually SPEND to be part of it?...and why spend to be a part of that guild and server when your friends are all going away, now or soon, because of that same lag?

Do I want a "pretty" game whose graphics impress the heck out of me as part of a perfect playing experience? SURE.
                        Does a real-world internet connection to the game allow for most players an infinite graphics development here while the game remains playable? NO.
                        Are we, players and forum mods and devs, on the same "team"? ABSOLUTELY.
                        Must we look at the real-world situation and compromise between "pretty" and "performance"/development? YES, and I've never seen anyone discussing Wartune who differs.

Looking at peak attendance this month in events like Tree of Ancients compared with just at and before the 8.0 patch, 50% of the active players in my guild have gone silent, just about all of whom told me lag (especially, if not only, the Goddess graphics, when some left after the 8.0 patch) was the issue. That's a terribly short time to lose half your activity on a mature game with dedicated core players. Take a scythe to half the players on an MMORPG and tell me you don't have an emergency...I won't believe it. We're not replacing them as fast with new blood, so there's certainly a revenue drop.

The game's pretty enough. Get it working. Keep it stable. Stop changing so much for the sake of change. Give us something we can all play...spenders and non-spenders alike. Treat it like you want your game and its players to be around for a long time, because, if you don't, you'll scare the spenders into NOT spending, the way you're already doing...after all, why will any of us spend on a game that's treated like it might not be here tomorrow? If it's going to be here, come out of hiding and make a definite statement about it. The wall of silence, the bugs and lag, the frustration of how tickets are serviced all are not helping you grow the revenue you want...and which this game probably deserves if treated properly...and the players here deserve the bare-minimum respect that entails. Just dealing with practical matters here, but it apparently needs to be said and repeated.

So, while I continue to get tickets auto-closed over and over for events that don't work properly (after not being serviced now for months), and still continue to try to hand-hold my guild to keep dozens of players (some of whom spend on VIP and more) from jumping from the game, is there any comment yet on this issue from 7Road? If it was me running their world, we should be seeing a detailed statement from their management saying they were all over this one, understood it's a profound problem, and when the promise happens this time (as we got the last time there were profound lag issues needing to be addressed) it'll "never happen again," they'll actually honor it unlike the last time, rather than let bad treatment ruin the reputation of what should be a great game everyone can enjoy, and some will choose to spend upon, and ruin their reputation for the other games they create.

If this sounds harsh, there's suddenly again a lot to be harsh about...we're asked to spend on an unplayable game, where the guilds we've built can't even play guild events together because of lag.
                        If this is wordy, well, there's SOOOO much that now needs urgently to be done, so things have to be said.
                        If you need it short and sweet, then back to @theghosthimself: "FIX THE LAG and all happy"...which takes care of a lot for all of us.

Comment

Just in Short FIX THE LAG ITS GETTING WORSE WITH THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inventory LAG
                          Titan Temple LAG refresh needed after every battle and still laggs like hell
                          well just 2 example's
                          Everything lag's like hell no matter what ya do what browser ya use or how often you refresh
                          Serious start with change name of league rumble what is tonight to lagg out totally do not bother just go in afk!!!
                          Change game name to LAGOUTUNE
                          Fire those devs who think a display issue on dragonchant is more important then FIXING LAG!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Theonlyghost

Comment

awesome post centaur!!

Comment

Credit where due, just got this among the responses to my tickets from Wartune:

Hello,

We are totally aware that lag is plaguing many players since the couple of recent updates. This is especially noticeable in events and encountered by many players. The devs and our IT department are investigating possible causes of this issue. We ask your patience and appreciate your continued support.

-The R2Games Team

Now, if they could stop auto-closing the ticket out, might be on the right track here!

Comment

Working...
                              X