Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Centaur0001 View Post
    How do you think this reconciles with the fact they're actually adding patches and new items/events/features, &c?
    I think that's the toughest part to reconcile...it makes no sense they wouldn't be working on an HTML5 revision as a priority, yet the most we hear is "maybe it'll happen."
    That is a conundrum. Still I think most of the new content that they've added utilises elements and mechanisms that are already present in the game. I could get a bit cyncial and speculate that the main goal of the dragonchant skill "optimisation" was to encourage spending since to make the most of the skills (pvp vs pve build) you'd need to unlock mulitple sets. Then there's the sumoning and feeding slots for cuties as well since if you want to maximise returns there, you can either spend money or not sleep.

I'd also guess is that there wasn't a lot of actual playtesting involved in the newer patches. I think the cuties are a niice idea but the implementation is pretty poor. In cuties expedition, I'll attempt my current boss. Then once I've progressed as far as I can I'll drop down a few levels to where I can just afk and catch up on the world news while my cuties fight the boss for however many attmepts I have left followed by the mandatory refresh so I can do something else (30 minutes after I started because each individual boss fight is much longer than it needs to be). Or there's the snafu with the gem synthesis which should have been picked up with testing before they pushed it live. Although I do think the new path to redemption is a very nice feature and I do like being able to see how much xp my cuties have gained overnight while I've been sleeping.

I really do hope they are working on the transition because lag can be game breaking.. When I do arena I'll solo it because the lag increases with the number of people involved. Against a full team of opponents I'll get 2 slyph skills off maybe 3 if I'm lucky whereas a one on one fight can be quite interesting (matching dependent). I have to refresh after doing the 9 eudaemon bounties because the game will crash the next time I start a fight if I don't. I do use the miniclient because it's better than a browser, although I did get some good performance out of firefox recently by tweaking some of it's internal settings (caching to ram rather than disk and some others) but at the end of the day my net usage had jumped to 2,5gb which seemed a little excessive.

I expect that recoding and testing the game for html5 to be a considerable endeavour requiring substantial resources and time. Maybe wartune 9.0 will be the html5 version and some of the new features we're gotten recently are coming from development of that. </wishful thinking></naive optimisim>
    It would be reassuring to this player if the developers would cimmunicate their plans. They don't need to give precise dates but to inform us that there was an actual plan and that development had begun would be good.
    Last edited by Darkling1976; 07-07-2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

First let me say that English is not my first language, so if i make mistakes in typing or sentence structure or then bare with me

All of the points that have been discussed in this thread are things that i have experienced as well. I have sent in tickets been told to do the standard clear cashe clear cookies restart everything so i do each time and then send another reply saying that i have, and i get the same response we are forwarding this to higher ups, and that i should wait for a reply. So believing they are telling me the truth i wait, next thing i get is a note saying that my ticket has been closed for non response. I NEVER got a response from my ticket. So i reopen the ticket and am sent a reply please be patient we are forwarding this to higher ups. Again because i try to believe that they will actually do something and send me back some information i wait. Again i get a notice that the ticket is going to be closed. This went on for several months, finally i got tired of re-opening the tickets. If you are just going to ignore my tickets please just say so in the first place so that i know you just don't care about your player base. This has happened on several occasions as over the last 6 years or so of play it is not just a one time operation.

Next on the list is the lag, sending in a ticket with the information that i have already cleared cashe cleared cookies restarted everything and what happens i get a reply back please do the following clear cashe clear cookies restart everything READ the tickets don't just round file the tickets we send in. For months i have been sending in tickets about the lag and i have gotten replies stating that i should run VPN to enter the game, change browsers, it works great here at the lab, sorry you can't play a game that you have paid money to play (I have had VIP almost the entire time i have been playing, along with other amounts spent over the years), and some that i wont bother to write here because they were just to stupid of replies. Currently i do not do the following portions of the game or the lag causes me to take the bare minimum ( this is not everything but it will suffice for this message currently) speed clearance, outland expedition, arena, battlegrounds, dimensions, emeraldia, there are others but i'm not going to name almost everything in the game. in Arena as an example i watch the words and not what i see on the screen as i will get the message that i am dead with points awarded for the loss and i will still be in the battle for another 20 seconds. this is not the only place world boss, battle grounds, RIFT, anytime i have to change screens there is a 10 to 20 second waiting period or i disconnect from the game. Even typing during the game is laggy. I have finished typing and went to go get a drink and come back and the typing is still going on.

If you are trying to kill the game then you are going in the right direction , people are leaving because they cannot PLAY the game. Your customers are not happy, if we are not happy we go somewhere else, YOU LOSE MONEY! If that is your intension then let us know that you have no desire to keep the game open so that we can go somewhere else that does want our money. Fix the lag stop adding more to an overloaded system or move to HTML5 and see if that will correct it. But do something. and not wait for another year or more to correct the problem because by that time you wont have a game that people play.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkling1976 View Post
        I could get a bit cyncial and speculate that the main goal of the dragonchant skill "optimisation" was to encourage spending since to make the most of the skills (pvp vs pve build) you'd need to unlock mulitple sets. Then there's the sumoning and feeding slots for cuties as well since if you want to maximise returns there, you can either spend money or not sleep.
        Nothing cynical about it. Wartune is run as a business.
        Where we get any traction here is that our ideas are designed to help that business profit and prosper.
        We're saying it's stupid to expect success from a business model that leaves you a select few, addicted, foolish players who will spend past the point of game oblivion on everything developed, and smarter to fix this game, get a broader and happier group of players to see it prosper long into the future, and stop making (and feeling the need to make) every enhancement a paid performance. Lag is behind a majority of player problems, concerns, issues, perceived bugs at this point, and will even save 7Road on Support spend if the lag is fixed, because of all the related event issues it causes. It's really basic stuff, and they need to address lag. It's reality, not cynicism.

I'd also guess is that there wasn't a lot of actual playtesting involved in the newer patches. I think the cuties are a niice idea but the implementation is pretty poor....
        I really dislike Cuties as a waste of time, graphics, and overhead, that really do nothing of value for the game, add to lag, and have actually diminished my World Boss take when they're equipped (whether they're even doing something in there or not, I've seen a marked difference of about a 7% drop in rewards whatever the reason). But, that's just one player's opinion...though at the same time I'm not exactly hearing anyone raving about how wonderful they are. A couple of players have just disabled them, and they've advised "ABC"..."Anything But Cuties!"
        [/QUOTE]

Although I do think the new path to redemption is a very nice feature and I do like being able to see how much xp my cuties have gained overnight while I've been sleeping.
        PTR hasn't been bad, by itself. I might like it more when it's not supporting Goddess-based lag. Related to Cuties...is it?...I'm pretty much ignoring them that much, they're useless to me.

I really do hope they are working on the transition because lag can be game breaking....
        Can be and is game breaking. Have had 10 players since Patch 8.5 specifically tell me they were retiring from lag, and have only seen one of the 10 since.
        As for browsers, will recommend you try Opera...it works for about 90% who try it, seems better on a desktop but should be fine on a laptop, lots less overhead and data mining.

I expect that recoding and testing the game for html5 to be a considerable endeavour requiring substantial resources and time...would be reassuring to this player if the developers would cimmunicate their plans. They don't need to give precise dates but to inform us that there was an actual plan and that development had begun would be good.
        If it's considerable, and it might well be, then the sooner they get started, have a plan in place and target dates, the better. Add to that, with any such plan, once you get started, it's entirely possible things will take longer than expected. If the notion is (as stated elsewhere in this thread by those who may know) they're basically still waiting on it, every day of wait is costing them money and bringing them closer to the tipping point where this game WILL NOT survive. Getting it in place earlier can only help them, especially when it's known it has to happen or the game dies at some point.

Originally posted by craig.a.ham View Post
        All of the points that have been discussed in this thread are things that i have experienced as well. I have sent in tickets been told to do the standard clear cashe clear cookies restart everything so i do each time and then send another reply saying that i have, and i get the same response we are forwarding this to higher ups, and that i should wait for a reply. So believing they are telling me the truth i wait, next thing i get is a note saying that my ticket has been closed for non response. I NEVER got a response from my ticket. So i reopen the ticket and am sent a reply please be patient we are forwarding this to higher ups. Again because i try to believe that they will actually do something and send me back some information i wait. Again i get a notice that the ticket is going to be closed. This went on for several months, finally i got tired of re-opening the tickets. If you are just going to ignore my tickets please just say so in the first place so that i know you just don't care about your player base. This has happened on several occasions as over the last 6 years or so of play it is not just a one time operation.
        Devs, this is a TAME version of how Support works and of player perception. You seriously need to look, listen, and learn. Staying silent on the issue of lag, having let it recur after you promised we wouldn't be down this road yet again, then forcing Support to give answers based on lack of information from you to them, and the disrespect of closing unworked tickets on important issues is a recipe for disaster. Fix the lag. Then fix Support. Stop worrying about stupid nonsense like giving Cuties new magic nostril hair, or developing a magic black hole where people are expected to throw money in for nothing but lag in return.

Next on the list is the lag, sending in a ticket with the information that i have already cleared cashe cleared cookies restarted everything and what happens i get a reply back please do the following clear cashe clear cookies restart everything READ the tickets don't just round file the tickets we send in.
        I've gotten that a bit from specific members of the Support staff. When I ask to speak to your game Professors, I'm literally ignored, even though Mentors have told me I should do this to try to get things fixed.

For months i have been sending in tickets about the lag and i have gotten replies stating that i should run VPN to enter the game, change browsers, it works great here at the lab, sorry you can't play a game that you have paid money to play (I have had VIP almost the entire time i have been playing, along with other amounts spent over the years), and some that i wont bother to write here because they were just to stupid of replies. Currently i do not do the following portions of the game or the lag causes me to take the bare minimum ( this is not everything but it will suffice for this message currently) speed clearance, outland expedition, arena, battlegrounds, dimensions, emeraldia, there are others but i'm not going to name almost everything in the game. in Arena as an example i watch the words and not what i see on the screen as i will get the message that i am dead with points awarded for the loss and i will still be in the battle for another 20 seconds. this is not the only place world boss, battle grounds, RIFT, anytime i have to change screens there is a 10 to 20 second waiting period or i disconnect from the game. Even typing during the game is laggy. I have finished typing and went to go get a drink and come back and the typing is still going on.

If you are trying to kill the game then you are going in the right direction , people are leaving because they cannot PLAY the game. Your customers are not happy, if we are not happy we go somewhere else, YOU LOSE MONEY! If that is your intension then let us know that you have no desire to keep the game open so that we can go somewhere else that does want our money. Fix the lag stop adding more to an overloaded system or move to HTML5 and see if that will correct it. But do something. and not wait for another year or more to correct the problem because by that time you wont have a game that people play.
        Not just about Support tickets here, but do you understand, you devs out there, just how difficult lag has made the game to play? This is either typical or tame, compared to others in my guild of nearly 200. We can't play. We can't get through events fast enough to make spend worth it for those who might choose to do it. Lag, disconnects, black screens, white screens, stuttering, graphics that never reveal themselves because it's too laggy to load them, skills that stop working for no reason, lost rounds of combat, and on and on and on. Look at the list of events just in the paragraph above that one player can't play anymore. So, when you ADD yet another event or feature as overhead...what chance is there we're all even seeing it? Stop being blind and stupid and fix the lag. If it's all fixed by moving to HTML5, then that's a 10-alarm emergency for Wartune, and you should be falling all over each other scrambling to get it implemented before we're all gone. It's about the MONEY. We players want the devs and 7Road to be GREEDY here. Really, we do! Fix the game. Then, there are those who will throw more money at you. That's how it works. If you don't do your bit, nobody gets anything. And you're smarter than that. Aren't you?

Let me also point out I'm aware to a point how difficult it is to communicate (and communicate so well!) in a second or third language. When you have players going through the trouble to do so in here, it's a painful, difficult process. It's not done easily or lightly. You have SPECIAL PEOPLE AS YOUR PLAYERS willing to be bothered to give you this feedback when it's easier to just go away. Show some respect, and get the message here. PLEASE!! It's really very simple. It's your game. You want people to play it, in hopes some will spend on it if it's fun. But, as players, we hope we're seen as having enough value for you to both communicate and to fix real issues. So, devs, how about you announce an immediate timetable, drop all else and transition to HTML5? Then whatever else is going on, it won't be hidden by Flash memory leakage and whatever else is blamed in that direction, and you can then fix real problems...if they even exist. You won't leave your own Support ticket teams hanging, so they won't have to be adversarial with players, won't have to be forced to try to get them to clumsily do things that are useless because it's all they can ever hope to control, and they can get on with real issues and bugs, and be productive. Wartune has thousands of SERVERS. Up to now, it almost seems from where players sit that it's not enough money involved for you even to notice! You've got to be better than that. Now. You're losing players, and their money, daily until you ARE better than that.

Comment

been doin some tests

played a few r2 games they advertised wonders why I don't lag or dc or flash crash in those games

I ONLY LAG AND DC AND FLASH CRASH IN WARTUNE

so wat gives

is it cuz

1: too many patches ontop of each other
          2: game has outlasted flash and is unstable
          3: too many bugs still not fixed causing problems making wartune dc crash etc
          Last edited by Xharry005x; 07-27-2019, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theghosthimself View Post
            FIX the LAG It IS GETTING REALL ANNOYING HAVING TO REFRESH EVERY 20MIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Lucky you are if the refreshing still helps you.... Im slowly dieng whit this lag.. MS not finished bc of the time.. (too laggy).. in BG i dont see the opposite anymore..only shadows oh and somedays cant attack any there (wich is kinda the point on for doing BG lol) opening domain takes 5 min so im late for every start, dungeons taking longer time to finish, flash crashes everyday and everynight (funny tho always att same time) after refresh it takes 20 min to "rest" the game so skills and stuff in my inv stops rolling (loads ready) wich makes it impossibly to win new levels in syplh exp..and doing titans today is a colourfull shiny blinking mess.....even in outlands. postgrap is tuff bc the runing from one post the other goes so slow.. ques I cracced the speed limit in there too. And what about arena..ouh my. i dont have words to for it anymore... please somebody fix this!!!!
            Like a winderwind my whispers confuse you, they make yours ears freeze and before you notice Im gone by the wind. I made you heart hurt? Oh no, dont worry, Its just marks after my bow!
            Sticks like a rose and may be deadly..

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
              been doin some tests

played a few r2 games they advertised wonders why I don't lag or dc or flash crash in those games

I ONLY LAG AND DC AND FLASH CRASH IN WARTUNE

so wat gives

is it cuz

1: too many patches ontop of each other
              2: game has outlasted flash and is unstable
              3: too many bugs still not fixed causing problems making wartune dc crash etc
              flash is crashing because it will be gone when 2020 starts with only 5 months left in this year there dose not seem to be a rush to come up with a way for change it from a flash based game likely they will wait until the last min just to try to figure out what to do

Comment

Working...
              X