Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

HOW BOUT HACKERS in [s106]Devil's Trail

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm.... no reply from G-Ms yet i see... 1day pass
    “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself,
    you will succumb in every battle”

Server: [106] Devil's Trail
    Guild: Sancâ€*uary

Comment

Originally posted by ™Uriah-†- View Post
      They will reply please file tickets with screen shots

Now we wait and see S124 see how big the issue is
      Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
      Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
      Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
      One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
      In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
      One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
      One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
      In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by ™Uriah-†- View Post
        G.M bussy thinking for new Analogy.

Comment

The problem is that I don't think they were prepared for such a mass hacking and it is a lot to deal with and they are trying to handle it with limited resources. I'm still waiting on players to be banned on S61 that I was told a few weeks ago were on the list to be banned in a ticket with the initial reports of them submitted when the astral hacking first started about a month ago. Only 2 were banned so far last week for various hacks and one doesn't even have much of an impact on the server as she was just the girlfriend of the other one banned and didn't play her character much. I am just told in a ticket to be patient and that it would come when they got the green light from the developers. When it involves the top player on he server and a few others towards the top and we get destroyed every week in guild battle as a result, not to mention have them take high spots in world boss, own the battlegrounds etc it is really difficult to maintain patience for so long particularly when we have been continuing to spend time and money into the game and have no idea how long we need to wait. Maybe they see those players as big spenders as well and don't want to lose their money. I'm not one to make assumptions like this normally but it is becoming hard not to.
          Last edited by R24877577; 01-23-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Plenty of time to come up with new events but no time for acting against hackers.

Comment

and U decide Mods its now 4th week or so in s106 now chck this handsome dude
              Note: his selling balens for half the price r2g offers. well i think u know this already tho....
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ™Uriah-†-; 01-23-2013, 09:48 PM. Reason: edit edit yeah
              “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself,

Comment

that the same hacker I reported to ticket

he hacking balen through paypal .. PLEASE check and ban

there so many in Ramayana guild that is hacking

HolyMagician / captainjacks / Khan ban them ALL PLEASEEE

Comment

i think maybe only 1 or 2 persons handling 10000 tickets everyday, so give them time to process. They need to translate to chinese and email to the developers in china then translate back to english and process the information. This is what I think, so guys plese be patient, keep the tickets coming in with screen shots, please add as much screen shots and tickets as possible.

They will get around to do it.
                  Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                  Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                  Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                  One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                  In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                  One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                  One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                  In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

uriah, you know the drill, file a ticket with the screenshot....

The reason why there are no answers from Mods, is that we are busy in other threads, helping players and as this thread is just a rehash of the other 4 threads about the same thing, we are generally not paying attention to the thread and most of the remarks about the staff....
                    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Ticket number?
                      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

My god, you people are like the Southpark community shouting "rabble, rabble, rabble".

Let me try and explain what is happening, so perhaps at least the moderately intelligent amongst you will maybe shut up and THINK for a moment.

First of all, there is NO HACK for balens, vouchers, or gold. I can state that categorically, there is NO HACK. Now here is the why, sorry this is technical.

The information on how many balens, vouchers and gold are on an account are stored on the server. When you load up Wartune in your browser (the client), it requests those information from the server, and then displays them. Now the client is just a Flash applet, and like anything else on your computer, it can be modified using third party programs. You've all seen the YouTube videos, where they use some software to "magically" change your balens, vouchers and gold to some huge amounts. The point is, those numbers are only displayed on the client - they are not passed or stored on the server, and even though your client might say you have 1 billion gold, the server KNOWS you only have 24k. So any time you try and make a purchase with gold, balens or vouchers, the server will REJECT it - because he knows how much you REALLY have.

What these "hackers" (god I wish ignorant people would stop using that word) are doing is NOT hacking. It's social engineering. They offer cheap balens for sale, because they know greedy stupid people will be queueing up. Note, you CANNOT transfer items between characters, so the ONLY way to affect you account would be if they had the username and password (and if you give them that, you are a mug). So they show you some YouTube demo which is basically showing a client-side alteration of the Flash as "proof" that they can give you cheap stuff. They'll even send you some software, which is NOT a hack program, it's a keylogger to steal your username and password.

And you'll happily PAY them $20 or whatever for the privilege of getting scammed and your account stolen. ARE YOU CRAZY ???

The reason why they appear to have so much good stuff and shop bought items is because they're making $20 a person every time they scam someone. They have a TON of legitimate cash, and use it to buy legitimate balens via the proper channels. And then use that as yet more "proof" that their hack works.

Wake up people, there is no HACK. It is a group of people using very smart social engineering and the gullibility and greed of players who want a quick boost on the cheap. These kind of scams have been going on since the first online game was released.

Don't fall for it - don't install "hack" software as it's a keylogger - don't give your username and password to anyone - and try to use a bit of common sense.

Okay, rant over. I wonder if anyone will listen ...
                        Daveyboog - "Voted Mage with Most Disappointing BR 2013 - But Crusader None The Less !!!"
                        NEPHILIM - S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                        Veni, vermini, vomui

Comment

no body checking him even we filed multiple times, so we just gonna spamming 1000 ticket just to get 1 guy check / ban ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Mod View Post
                            uriah, you know the drill, file a ticket with the screenshot....

The reason why there are no answers from Mods, is that we are busy in other threads, helping players and as this thread is just a rehash of the other 4 threads about the same thing, we are generally not paying attention to the thread and most of the remarks about the staff....
                            Yup... thats wht we will do me and my guildies who is decent cashers cuz we really dont know whats with this handsome dude. thats why we nid a clarification on this matter as paying costumer..
                            on the other hand im getting tired on filling tickets and posting in this forums... after a long day i just want a good game to play and have fun..
                            hope our efforts will get noticed! and not fade away as most games community do ignores..

Comment

they get noticed, Uriah, trouble is in some threads, requests for ticket updates get missed because they get swamped up other posts......

its why its sometimes easier to pm the staff with a request for a ticket update
                              Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                              Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Ok so... just keep on dumping tickets right got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X