-wartune -out of flash into-html5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -wartune -out of flash into-html5?

any news of this? Is it even true? I know there is a rumor going on, but will it happend? And if it does is the treaht that we loose our toons in this process true? I think I have right to know if im gona loose my toon that I been working whit over 6 years time, so devs. give me some answers now!!
    Like a winderwind my whispers confuse you, they make yours ears freeze and before you notice Im gone by the wind. I made you heart hurt? Oh no, dont worry, Its just marks after my bow!
    Sticks like a rose and may be deadly..

better polish those nails kat make them sharp ya might have to use them on some of those dev's
    Theonlyghost
    Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
    Server : S122 US-East
    Guild : Fenix
    Class : Mage
    IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

May I ask where you got that nonsensical comment about losing toons?
      Last edited by GM_Equinox; 02-25-2019, 09:38 AM.
      Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony ~ Ghandi

To report bugs visit here ... Bug Reports

Any support questions ... Support

Any videos/screenshots please follow http://www.r2games.com/support/?ac=issue&id=93

Comment

I had to go look for what you were running on about. And *sigh*.

"Any news of this?"
        Sure, old news, from 2017 and 2018, regarding mobile and popular apps people in China use to play games, like wechat and tencent.

"Is it even true?"
        As applied to your title, no. The rumor has given you a false impression of the future for pc browser Wartune.

"Will it happen?"
        Again, as applied to your title, no.

"If it does, is the threat that we lose our toons in this process true?"
        Well, you don't have toons there.

Here's an article that talks about taking Wartune to H5 --- as a new mobile game --- http://www.thestandard.com.hk/sectio...id=197660&sid=.
        Wartune H5 was in testing in 2018, as a mobile game. Here: http://www3.hkexnews.hk/listedco/lis...0180918279.pdf search 'Wartune H5', it'll be on page 6.

You see, none of this rumor applies to browser Wartune.

H5 is not html5. H5 is a script language for in-app web browsers. It's what allows wechat users to play DDTank through wechat, for example. There are pc browser versions of these apps, but they are developed primarily for mobile. Here's an article in super layman terms: https://medium.com/chia-ux/what-do-c...y-8fb0bb32cbb9, and here's another article that says it's meant for smartphone users (search 'smartphone') https://www.acnnewswire.com/press-re...-board-of-sehk

Mind the dates on all of these articles and reports - none of them are recent.

When there is actually official information about what happens to Wartune in regards to the Flash end-of-life, it will be posted here as soon as we know something, and maybe on the other publisher's platform. Always take rumors with a grain of salt and always do your own research before accepting any "news" as factual on a fan site.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
          I had to go look for what you were running on about. And *sigh*.

"Any news of this?"
          Sure, old news, from 2017 and 2018, regarding mobile and popular apps people in China use to play games, like wechat and tencent.

"Is it even true?"
          As applied to your title, no. The rumor has given you a false impression of the future for pc browser Wartune.

"Will it happen?"
          Again, as applied to your title, no.

"If it does, is the threat that we lose our toons in this process true?"
          Well, you don't have toons there.

Here's an article that talks about taking Wartune to H5 --- as a new mobile game --- http://www.thestandard.com.hk/sectio...id=197660&sid=.
          Wartune H5 was in testing in 2018, as a mobile game. Here: http://www3.hkexnews.hk/listedco/lis...0180918279.pdf search 'Wartune H5', it'll be on page 6.

You see, none of this rumor applies to browser Wartune.

H5 is not html5. H5 is a script language for in-app web browsers. It's what allows wechat users to play DDTank through wechat, for example. There are pc browser versions of these apps, but they are developed primarily for mobile. Here's an article in super layman terms: https://medium.com/chia-ux/what-do-c...y-8fb0bb32cbb9, and here's another article that says it's meant for smartphone users (search 'smartphone') https://www.acnnewswire.com/press-re...-board-of-sehk

Mind the dates on all of these articles and reports - none of them are recent.

When there is actually official information about what happens to Wartune in regards to the Flash end-of-life, it will be posted here as soon as we know something, and maybe on the other publisher's platform. Always take rumors with a grain of salt and always do your own research before accepting any "news" as factual on a fan site.
          thank you Memory, I`ll calm down.. slowly..right about after WB should be cool again
          Like a winderwind my whispers confuse you, they make yours ears freeze and before you notice Im gone by the wind. I made you heart hurt? Oh no, dont worry, Its just marks after my bow!

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Equinox View Post
            May I ask where you got that nonsensical comment about losing toons?
            Dolby games web side u can go chek it.. I just got a bit worried..

Comment

Originally posted by Katjuza View Post

Dolly games web side u can go chek it.. I just got a bit worried..
              Read this article just now and tbh I see nothing to worry about. Author has stated, but what is important and not clear is if players can continue with their characters or if these will be considered new games and had to start from scratch. Nothing in the article did say with 100% certainty that toons would be erased or if wartune browser version would be even converted to html5 or when it will be. Regardless, browser games will eventually close down, html5 or not, nothing is set to run forever.

Comment

Originally posted by reginejagonase View Post

Read this article just now and tbh I see nothing to worry about. Author has stated, but what is important and not clear is if players can continue with their characters or if these will be considered new games and had to start from scratch. Nothing in the article did say with 100% certainty that toons would be erased or if wartune browser version would be even converted to html5 or when it will be. Regardless, browser games will eventually close down, html5 or not, nothing is set to run forever.
                The problem is the article in question begins with making people think it's actual information from the developer, as if it's insider knowledge. It doesn't mention how old the information is, or where the information actually comes from. It makes inaccurate assumptions about that information, and tries to pass off that information as fact cushioned in safe words that would deflect any blame for the information being completely incorrect later. It's irresponsible, and takes advantage of the readers, some of whom don't visit the forum and won't see that none of that information has anything to do with us. There's no reason to question whether or not we have to start over if we convert to html5 - the database is just text that the code calls from.
                New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

The problem is the article in question begins with making people think it's actual information from the developer, as if it's insider knowledge. It doesn't mention how old the information is, or where the information actually comes from. It makes inaccurate assumptions about that information, and tries to pass off that information as fact cushioned in safe words that would deflect any blame for the information being completely incorrect later. It's irresponsible, and takes advantage of the readers, some of whom don't visit the forum and won't see that none of that information has anything to do with us. There's no reason to question whether or not we have to start over if we convert to html5 - the database is just text that the code calls from.
                  I have not visitet that webside often, only when some of my game friends tells me to chek something, just bc of this lack of information in reports..but now I know not to worry, ty.

Comment

Originally posted by reginejagonase View Post

I know that this is not forever...wasent born yesterday..I may sound stupid..but after couple cups coffee, there are still some braincells that work.....okey.. well in over 6 years u get friends for life, kinda start to like u toon, and still love this game in a very weard way if u think how much skit its been giving too players while years.. its an love and hate relation I think..to end all this is an afful thought, YES. But I survive. Althought when its gona happend, if its gona happend, I do wana know it in time enought to prepair for it. Wich means say good bye to some off players, consider wich game to move on whit some of players, crief over my work and my toon and all the fun stuff we seen and done..one dosent just leave untouched from this after so long time.

Comment

why think about lose toons accounts whit transfer to html all games i know of who has done ther many dide years ago, dide it easy and nothing whas lost it pretty easy to covertion it to html

Comment

Originally posted by TjiTzUr View Post
                        why think about lose toons accounts whit transfer to html all games i know of who has done ther many dide years ago, dide it easy and nothing whas lost it pretty easy to covertion it to html
                        did u read the artickel in dolby games?

Comment

Originally posted by Katjuza View Post

did u read the artickel in dolby games?
                          LOL.. are you still playing kat? I've never looked back since I move to REAL computer games. Those with real graphic and real story, and real codes.. unlike outdated ancient flash games.
                          Last edited by prd0000; 11-21-2019, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prd0000 View Post

LOL.. are you still playing kat? I've never looked back since I move to REAL computer games. Those with real graphic and real story, and real codes.. unlike outdated ancient flash games.
                            and who are u to LOL att me?

Comment

why when i am looking for wartune this game pops up grrr
                              LAGTUNES

Comment

Working...
                              X