Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

HTML5 conversion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML5 conversion?

Has there been anything mentioned bout it yet? I am wondering because, bored as I was, I went and logged on CN servers. They still operate in flash, which is fine I suppose, deadline isnt for some months still. What got my attention though is, we are behind CN patches by several years in content. So I am wondering if they can easily convert older patches, like ours, to HTML5 or if they would have easier time just converting the game to HTML5 on CN and then translating it to our version. As much as I like new content, getting 4 years worth of content at once might be an overkill but I honestly lack the expertise to say how easily you can convert one version(CN) and then use that to convert another(English version). They are still opening new servers so I imagine they are confident in solving the HTML5 puzzle in 7roads and I wouldnt worry bout CN version not meeting deadline for HTML5.

This is the only official statement we have at this time: http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...f-flash-player
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Thanks, I have not seen said post before. Hopefully the big version update wont be us catching to CN patch in order to kill 2 birds with 1 stone for 7road but just bout retiring flash.

Comment

I would sticky it again, but it's such a badly written and vague post that it caused more questions than it provided answers. It's a direct copy paste of the notice the other English version posted on their website.

It really is in 7Road's best interest to make sure we can still play Wartune after 2020, as it and their other web game still make up the majority of their profits, according to their interim income statement dated 2 days ago. I'm sure the market trends play a huge role in deciding whether or not to port a game, so if Wartune stays on the same trend, which is likely, then it is equally likely that we get a compatibility update in the second half of 2020. That does not necessarily mean html5, as no one has specified what the update will consist of at this time.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I`ve played another game with similar setup (Original game from CN developing the game with English publishers), its not as expensive to make sure its "worth it" for 7roads to keep it going. They are already(?) spending money on development for the original game, all they need to get from licencing fees is the money it takes to translate the game into English, which cant be awfully large number. Anything beyond that prolly goes into their profits as they dont pay for running the game for English speaking players, those fees fall onto publishers. And like I said earlier, there is content from 4 years ago we dont have yet meaning even if they stopped development today, there`d still be plenty of content to translate for us and keep players interested.

All in all I agree, there is no reason 7roads shouldnt retire flash and port the game to something that will be supported in the future. Sure it costs money but I would be surprised if its more than they make from our version in a month.But we`ll see what happens, I did assume flash came to end at start of 2020, not at end of it but guess my memory didnt server me too well there.

Comment

Its not necessarily HTML5, as Steam for example is developing a lot of cloud server capacity. Bottomline is - you either port to a platform that is modern enough and functional enough to retain and expand your client base, or you end it. It's just a standard costs/benefits analysis that they have to do. Possibly they can sell the source code to a third party that can then port it to a different platform as a third alternative to doing it themselves or quitting.

Comment

Thanks. I was going to post something like that since Chrome disables by default that I had to go in there to re-enable it. Yeah, I had decided to visit yet again to see how things and to test something that I will be asking on a different post (if one haven't been found yet).
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
              X