Archer Skills for Cata's PvE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer Skills for Cata's PvE?

I am currently at level 45 and would like your opinions on skills build for Catas. Should I level multi or scatter shot to level 1? I am currently stuck on the level 60 Boss. Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	12.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1734164
    Last edited by SirChuck; 01-21-2013, 02:02 PM.

Can you guys please advise me if scatter or multi level 1 is more important for Cata's 60+ please?

Comment

max multi, as and df, all you really need, just get healing runes to compensate the blood thirsty

Comment

Originally posted by R2471526 View Post
        max multi, as and df, all you really need, just get healing runes to compensate the blood thirsty
        I appreciate the feedback. This guy who seems to know a lot about the game too says Multi gets left behind.

"Multi-Shot (many people will not agree that MS is left behind , but in order for the rest of the skills to work and to have enough rage there is no place for loosing 5-10 rage by using MS)"
        http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....e-Archer-Guide

Comment

of course, if you are able to gain enough rage use ms, if you can't, then don't.

Comment

Originally posted by R2471526 View Post
            of course, if you are able to gain enough rage use ms, if you can't, then don't.
            If I decided to stick with bloodthristy do you think level 1 multi or scatter shot would be more beneficial? thanks

Comment

My GM is an archer and he can now do floor 100 without pots by using deep freeze and bloodthirsty strike.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
                My GM is an archer and he can now do floor 100 without pots by using deep freeze and bloodthirsty strike.
                I would be interested to know what his level is and skill build. I am only level 46. I am currently stuck at Boss 80. I have 1 skill point to add and don't know if I should now use it to upgrade multi shot to level 2 or if scatter shot would be more important to debuff. I got dominated today. Boss still had 3 bars of hp.

Name:	111.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1664034

Comment

that's nice going for a lvl 46 i couldn;t get to that boss till i was lvl 47 .. will show my build i am lvl 49 now and bring the last bar to half .. Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	1664039Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.jpg
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1664040

at first i didnt take the deep freeze till i read a post on forums .. and then rebuild the skill set into what u r seeing above.. i find this suitable for most of the time..
                  ** most of time yields low hp.. agaisnt knights most useless skill as well as good mages.. it just takes away ur rage without giving much in return .. the same goes with the boss.. 1.3-1.6k hp per shot is not worth it. or atleast i think so.. correct me if i am wrong...

I am looking for ppl's feed back so that even i can progress much further than where i am now ..
                  At boss i replace pdef astral with determination astral which enhances the damage i do ..

Name:	Untitled65.jpg
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	1664041
                  I am a non cashier ..

Comment

Originally posted by SirChuck View Post
                    I would be interested to know what his level is and skill build. I am only level 46. I am currently stuck at Boss 80. I have 1 skill point to add and don't know if I should now use it to upgrade multi shot to level 2 or if scatter shot would be more important to debuff. I got dominated today. Boss still had 3 bars of hp.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32545[/ATTACH]
                    I'll ask his permission to give his information or ask him to contact you himself, Chuck.

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Comment

I'll ask his permission to give his information or ask him to contact you himself, Chuck.
                      Thanks, I appreciate it. I see some people in these forums are sticking with multi. I get pretty good regen from Blood thristy so I don't want to have to pump heals into catas all the time.

Comment

Does cata's boss attack with just magic or does it impact your physical defense too. I'm wondering if I should remove Pdef astral and gems and use all Mdef or not. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SirChuck View Post
                          Does cata's boss attack with just magic or does it impact your physical defense too. I'm wondering if I should remove Pdef astral and gems and use all Mdef or not. Thanks.
                          It is mostly MDEF attacks but he also physically attacks. Never good to put all you defense eggs in one basket.

Comment

It is mostly MDEF attacks but he also physically attacks. Never good to put all you defense eggs in one basket.
                            Lol, well I ended up removing all Pdef gems and astral. I added crit %. I got boss down too 1.5 bars compared to 3 last time. I'm clearly not strong enough to beat it right now whatever i do. : )

Comment

Hello, ArcTheLad here. Level 61 archer with level 60 troops.

I was told you needed some help. I am not really sure how I can help but one of the things I go for in order to fight against faye easily, is upgrade your troops in academy. I have all my academy troop upgrades at lvl 55 except hero/troop patk at level 60. I will post up the video i recorded of my completeing floor 100 in catacombs.

NOTE: In my opinion, I dont think your mdef matters that much against faye (6-7k mdef minimum); as an archer, it is all about your troops surviving long enough for you to deal enough dmg (patk wise). Bloodthirsty is good to have, but the most important one to have is deep freeze, I have my deep freeze at level 3 and use multi and arrow strike for dmg.

Heres my video:

If you have any other questions, ask away. I will post another video later In this post to show my current stats and build etcetc.
                              Last edited by ArcTheLad; 01-23-2013, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X