Exploits VS hacking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploits VS hacking

So first lets begin by defining what they are.

An exploit is taking an advantage of a flaw in the game to make things easier.
    IE. If you knew a way to get therions blessing MORE often this would be an exploit. Because it stays within parameters of the game.

Hacking
    Is using third party software to alter codes to give you an edge.
    EX if you found a way to alter the code on your gold to give you more using third party software or breaking the encryption of page.

NOW

to get to my point.

The mods seem to happily punish people EQUALLY for these two things. WHICH I think is wrong. Because let us review an exploit is something THEY messed up in game.

Conclusion?

I feel that punishments should be astronomically declined for EXPLOITERS because they are just using what is given to them within the game. It is not there fault the code writers made a mistake.

Hackers should be punished to the full extent of GAME law.

Thoughts?

Debate.

I am sorry for being blunt .... but go die pls.....

or better yet please read the agreement u have with 7th road before u play wartune ...
    Last edited by Xeptone; 01-24-2013, 11:52 PM.

Comment

excellent which hunt thought process (Y) Hate everything thats different without knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by ace_of_spadez View Post
        excellent which hunt thought process (Y) Hate everything thats different without knowledge
        Hi could you share with us the unlimited balens, gold, daru, kyanite, exploit, thx in advance.
        Last edited by R21577189; 01-25-2013, 12:39 AM.
        Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
        Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
        Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
        One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
        In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
        One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
        One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
        In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Hack, and example.

Comment

exploit the bug within the game is against the rules. but i dunno, what bug can be exploited. but ive seen the case long ago where some ppl abuse experience book. after that GM roll back his account.
            exploit the game mechanic isnt = ie, kicking from guild to join another guild in a flash-technique

my opinion, its all depend on the rules.
            Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

it doesn't make a difference how you cheat, it's all cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by -Arioch- View Post
                it doesn't make a difference how you cheat, it's all cheating.
                +1

Regardless of how you twist the word. it all come down to one thing.

which is you are doing something wrong, which you knew is wrong. if you found a bug in game you use to benefit yourself and maybe you friends without reporting it. it's still wrong.

it all come down to the fact that you used something to make yourself benefit from it otherwise not possible by regular means.

it's true, from a player point of view, hacking is probably worse, but when it comes down to it. stabbing someone to commit theft or shooting someone to commit bank robbery. it's all wrong regardless of how you look at it.

you can try to bring emotion into it, circumstances, background, motive, all in the end you cannot deny a crime committed is a crime committed no matter how you broke the TOS.
                Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

Originally posted by XrosSlash View Post
                  exploit the bug within the game is against the rules. but i dunno, what bug can be exploited. but ive seen the case long ago where some ppl abuse experience book. after that GM roll back his account.
                  exploit the game mechanic isnt = ie, kicking from guild to join another guild in a flash-technique

my opinion, its all depend on the rules.
                  abuse exp book ? o_O
                  permanent ban those hackers!
                  to File ticket/ report suspicious player click link -> :
                  how-to-file-ticket-guilde- ->

Comment

Staying in the initial thread mindset, which is a nice debate case I think, I would agree to the point that yes, as xxljxx said, both are against term of service, it is a fact.

BUT, on another hand, it is true than an exploit comes from a flaw in the game, sometimes quite an obvious one, but even so, some players are so... "less intelligent" (I didn't found a polite word for that description, my english is bad) that they exploit without even knowing it. On that point, I would strongly disagree on a similar sanction as for someone that WILLINGLY use a 3rd party program to take advantage, henced described as "hacking". A nice example is our friend on S9 here, which is a HEAVY lagger, that manages to plant many kyanite crops in his farm consistently. I think he doesn't even know it's not "possible" to plant more than one; even if he has many on his farm regularly. The fact that he can plant 4 kyanites gives him an edge on the academy over other players, which can be qualified as an exploit, but again, he does not even do it on purpose; so... same sanction as a hacker? I disagree 100%.

With that being said, I agree with first post of this thread, as of sanctions imposed to exploiters vs hackers should be different, as it is comparing apples with oranges.
                    Wartune - S9 Camp Calorn
                    Dragon Pals - S6 Emerald Isle
                    Shadowbound - S2 Crystal Meadows
                    Weak warrior

Comment

A good point is brought up here. I do agree that exploiter and hackers should be treated differently.
                      Its kinda like punishing a murderer and a petty thief. You wouldn't give capital punishment to both of them.

But, a crime is a crime and there should always be punishment.
                      This is why I cannot agree with this statement of yours.

I feel that punishments should be astronomically declined for EXPLOITERS because they are just using what is given to them within the game. It is not there fault the code writers made a mistake.
                      Suppose a security guard is slacking on the job. Does that give you the right to break into a shop and steal its content?
                      Does the mistake of the security guard justify your action?

That's all

Comment

Players who use hacks should have their accounts reset, or banned permanently in my opinion, but not up to me to decide.
                        Players who abuse exploits should have less of a punishment and it depends on the exploit and how much they abused it for how much of a punishment they should receive but nevertheless the punishment should be enough to make them less strong from before they used the exploit so enough justice is received and to act as a suitable deterrent.

Comment

Here's an answer with knowledge for you. IF you find a flaw in the game and use it to your advantage then that says you're probably a selfish ♥♥♥♥ who doesn't care about taking advantage of a situation to get ahead. This usually happens when you can't handle playing the honest way. I hope that clears things up a bit for you.
                          Last edited by TheGuardingDark; 11-17-2013, 02:46 AM. Reason: Language.

Comment

*deleted post*
                            Last edited by Vinga69; 12-13-2013, 03:36 AM. Reason: hacker made this post, and funny how the only visitor of my profile was the one who destroyed my char.
                            "It takes a lot of things to prove you are smart, but only one thing to prove you are ignorant." - Don Herold

Comment

ok, what's with the trend with the revival /necro of dead threads lately? this forum should have autolocked threads that didnt been updated after 1 month.
                              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Working...
                              X