Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Armor Vs. Arena Armor

Problem:
    Why is it that epic gear takes so much longer to get then arena gear yet arena gear outweighs it so much. To put epic on the same level as arena you need to legendary it but by the mechanics set forth it takes twice as long to get epic armor. With ("Crystaloids") it takes more time to get a single piece, with every armor increase effectively trippling the time it takes to get the next armor, +5 levels to get all the peices or a lot of crpyt tokens. Effectively making the required level +5 putting it at the same levels as Arena gear. You only get 1 crystaloid per boss fight in dungeon runs, with the exception of the 2 extra in void on Yaros portion and a possible 2 for reward but that's it. The odds of getting them in campaign isn't high either. This is too much for armor that is substandard to arena as regular and I can't imagine it over powers arena armor of it's level at legendary capped.

Looking at arena armor it takes what? You can make 310 insigs a day and never win anything or take part in a guild battle. The totals for the armor (level 35 2400, level 45 3000 and level 55 4600) isn't difficult to achieve at all. It'd take roughly 15 days for me to get level 55 armor, losing every insignia event I enter into and getting bare minimal insignia. I can also get it and have it complete spec'd well before I get the level to wear it, so it's not effecting my game experience because I'm not high enough to wear it anyway. Also the cost of arena armor in insignia is lower then getting legendary armor shards for full sets. At level 40 legendary it cost 250 more insigs to legendary a single peice making the effective cost of the armor set as a whole 1k higher. At level 50, legendary cost almost double, if it requires the same amount of shards (x5 is level 40 standard), which I bet it cost more. So where is the fairness between these two armor sets? So Epic armor starts at 5 crystals and multiply by 4 every 10 levels.

Solution:My call. Instead of multiplying crystal cost by 4 do it by 3. That will make the armor still hard to get but make it possible to achieve within the 5 levels it takes to get to arena armor and will make the choice relavent, perhaps increasing the usefulness of warriors.

Other things, if you care. Can't imagine many do.
    Epic Armor Cost
    Level 30
    Helm - 126/126 20 crystal
    Armor - 222/94 20 crystal
    Weapon - 239 20 crystal
    Amulet - 495 20 crystal

Arena Armor Cost
    Level 30+
    Helm-151/151 500 insig
    Armor-266/112 700 insig
    Weapon-262 900 insig
    Amulet - 594 300

Epic Armor Cost
    Level 40+
    Helm - 176/176 80 crystal
    Armor - 310/131 80 crystal
    Weapon - 300 80 crystal
    Amulet - 693 80 crystal

Arena Armor Cost
    Level 30+
    Helm-211/211 600 insig
    Armor-372/157 800 insig
    Weapon-360 1100 insig
    Amulet - 831 500

Epic Armor - Increases
    Helm - Increase from 20 -30 = 34 /34
    Increase from 30 - 40 = 50
    Armor - Increase from 20 -30 = 102 / 44
    Increase from 30 - 40 = 88 / 37
    Weapon - Increase from 20 -30 = 94
    Increase from 30 - 40 = 61
    Amulet - Increase from 20 -30 = 152
    Increase from 30 - 40 = 198

Arena Armor - Increases
    Helm - Increase from 30 -40 = 60
    Increase from 40 - 50 = 52 / 52
    Armor - Increase from 30 -40 = 106 / 45
    Increase from 40 - 50 = 93 / 39
    Weapon - Increase from 30 -40 = 98
    Increase from 40 - 50 = 90
    Amulet - Increase from 30 -40 = 237
    Increase from 30 - 40 = 207

Please look at this, because it effects warrior game play completely, in my opinion, setting them back the most out of everyone else, because it cost them so much more rage then an archer or mage to perform their job. A warrior's skill based defensively cost 30 rage minimum to perform a skill. If it wasn't for the warrior problem I wouldn't even be discussing this at all.

If any warrior players would like to argue against my judgement on fairness please enlighten me.
    Last edited by R27370607; 01-25-2013, 01:03 PM. Reason: Moved to wartune suggestions forum.

knight with pve set, every turn will give you 20 rage. 10 from passive skill and 10 from the gear set.
    if its easy to get, it won't be called legendary anymore.

Comment

lmfao. Umm. It'd allow knight to proc as many skills as arena gear allows mages and archers to. Little man knight abilities cost 30+ for all cept the main and ultislasher

Comment

knights have a higher rage cost and can only hit 1 target anyway. I'm not suggesting anything but making the gear cost less so people will use it because right now. It looks impossible to obtain within 6 levels of getting to the required level to start making it. And I'm not talking lower legendary cost. That can remain as high and unreasonable as it is. I'm saying lower the epic cost, since max epic still has lower stats then max arena, and only difference is you don't ignor armor but get to use more abilities.

Also legendary armor is epic armor but capable of being capped up to a higher level. It will still be impossible to get within the levels unless someone stops at the level and never gain exp till a piece or two are done.
        Last edited by R27370607; 01-25-2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

U guys don't understand the items and its difficulty in getting it are not really impossible

its just that we don't have market which is a prime function

see with market u can auction valuable crystaloids and also get the same back

we don't need reduction

also it should be hard to get but i would ask if the 3 runs could turn back into 5 runs just like how it used to be
          Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
          [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

that would help alot also, seeing as 5 runs would allow for 15 crystaloids a day instead of 9 effectively reducing the time it takes as well, placing the time around the same as lowering the cost to *3 instead of *4

Comment

hell no!!!
              The game takes a lot of strenghts of me, keep only 3 attempts!!! rather double the drops, please

Comment

with a good four person group with lots of keys you can get all the crysoids you need in just one single run....how ...use the summoner on reg level for crystoid or the summoner on nm level for epic shards... summoner can repeated as much as you want as long as you have keys... its a win win solution and you will be like wow that was easy afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                  U guys don't understand the items and its difficulty in getting it are not really impossible

its just that we don't have market which is a prime function

see with market u can auction valuable crystaloids and also get the same back

we don't need reduction

also it should be hard to get but i would ask if the 3 runs could turn back into 5 runs just like how it used to be
                  Please think of others other than yourself. Not everyone has time to be on the pc all day. 3 runs right now takes a good 40-45mins to do. 5 runs before took over an hour to do them. Not everyone has that kind of time so please stop thinking of yourself here. Right now 3 attempts is perfect. They really should double the drops just like they gave more xp though. I don't see why they didn't double the drop rate if they allowed to increase the xp gain.

Comment

Originally posted by vets_dethmatic View Post
                    with a good four person group with lots of keys you can get all the crysoids you need in just one single run....how ...use the summoner on reg level for crystoid or the summoner on nm level for epic shards... summoner can repeated as much as you want as long as you have keys... its a win win solution and you will be like wow that was easy afterwards
                    That will only happen once in awhile. You need at least 100 keys per party member and some servers are pretty much dead to get a good group constantly. Not to mention getting 100+ keys is virtually impossible to do so in a reasonable amount of time. You save up each month for 100 keys you end up making the full set in about 3+months by then you be ready for the next set.

Comment

Working...
                    X