Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Quest Discrepancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quest Discrepancy

Why is the game constantly giving you Quests above your level???
    I have noticed this before. You get a quest, but must advance at least one level to even enter the area.
    Right now I have two Quests, but need to advance two levels before I can go complete them.
    This really doesn't make any sense.
    You wind up going over the same ground time and again just to get XP and level up to go do your Quest.

What is the issue here?
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

The issue is.....why would the Gamemasters put forth Quests the player cannot accomplish?
      It seems more logical to have tasks within one's level of accomplishment. To have a Quest pending that you are too low level to even try seems silly. It serves no puropse.

Comment

It's to give you something to aim for
        ♥Hell♥
        Sybian
        S1 - VictisHNR
        *smoooooooooooooooooochies*

Comment

Originally posted by Wyerwinn View Post
          The issue is.....why would the Gamemasters put forth Quests the player cannot accomplish?
          It seems more logical to have tasks within one's level of accomplishment. To have a Quest pending that you are too low level to even try seems silly. It serves no puropse.
          Does this cause any problem for you?
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            Does this cause any problem for you?
            It doesn't cause any problems, but it seems silly, like the game is getting ahead of itself.

Comment

It is there to give you more incentive to keep playing and level your character. Works like a charm on me. I just see the incomplete and need to go do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyerwinn View Post
                It doesn't cause any problems, but it seems silly, like the game is getting ahead of itself.
                I present another scenario to you.

Suppose the game doesn't do this. Then we will get players coming to the forums and make a post which says "Why doesn't R2 let us know in advance what are the quests????!!!!!"
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

I agree with CondorHero's post above, having known what you need to do before hand gives you time to prepare.

Like asking higher level players if there are any possible problems with such quests.
                  The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

That is not the point!!!!
                    What happens is the player is left with going over the same ground over and over again, killing the same monsters over and over, in an attempt to rack up XP.
                    It seems to me that the designers of the game would have presented logical scenarios for advancement as you go, not just trying to rehash yesterday's breakfast over and again.

The one saving grace of this is the Hero's Hall and the Arena, where you can go and test yourself.

Comment

going over and over same thing just to gain exp is like in any mmorpg, you cannot just do it the 3 times and level straight after, it's the whole point of progressing in any game, it's harder and longer to level.

Comment

So what you are trying to say is, you are expecting the programmers to come out with different quests to keep you occupied until you level up? Then there should be fresh quests waiting for you to complete until next level?

I like your idea But that's not gonna happen. I doubt there's any online games out there that has such features as well.

Comment

There are many MMORPGs that gives you different quests to do every time you've done the previous ones, but their patterns is the same, kill and collect.

If you don't like anything repetitive, better not play online games at all, since the majority of them are repetitive with different names.
                          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Ok now I am confused.

First you said letting you know the quest ahead is a bad thing.
                            Then you said that doing the same single player dungeon sucks.

So if I may ask, what is your solution?
                            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by Zhen_Hui View Post
                              So what you are trying to say is, you are expecting the programmers to come out with different quests to keep you occupied until you level up? Then there should be fresh quests waiting for you to complete until next level?

I like your idea But that's not gonna happen. I doubt there's any online games out there that has such features as well.
                              That is exactly what I'm saying.
                              Or, at least there could be more options for your scenarios to dull the boredom.
                              Once upon a time I played WOW, and there were many options at every level.

Comment

Working...
                              X