Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Quest Discrepancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyerwinn
    started a topic Quest Discrepancy

Quest Discrepancy

Why is the game constantly giving you Quests above your level???
    I have noticed this before. You get a quest, but must advance at least one level to even enter the area.
    Right now I have two Quests, but need to advance two levels before I can go complete them.
    This really doesn't make any sense.
    You wind up going over the same ground time and again just to get XP and level up to go do your Quest.

• Wyerwinn
    replied
    It has just occurred to me that with the "Battle Again" and "Blitz" options the Game creators had just this scenario in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Wyerwinn
    replied
    Originally posted by R23416833 View Post
    can you give an example???
    Well, right now I have just cracked Lvl 32.
    I have completed the quest for the Delphenian Swamp.
    I have on my Quest log Serenity Lake and the Undead Swamp, for which you must be Lvl 34, at least.

I mean, this isn't a game killer for me, but it does insure that you go over getting the same things over and again, and obviously you learn to whip the opponents with one hand..

Leave a comment:

• R23416833
    replied
    Originally posted by Wyerwinn View Post
    Why is the game constantly giving you Quests above your level???
    I have noticed this before. You get a quest, but must advance at least one level to even enter the area.
    Right now I have two Quests, but need to advance two levels before I can go complete them.
    This really doesn't make any sense.
    You wind up going over the same ground time and again just to get XP and level up to go do your Quest.
    can you give an example???

Leave a comment:

• R23275552
    replied
    just use blitz....no complain, save time. can off computer! so i don see what is the issue about doing repeated quest!

Leave a comment:

• AlexandrusS5
    replied
    there is the difference, WoW is a game designed to have you playing in a world with multiple environments that you can wander through & play as if you're in a new world, you are also paying a monthly subscription fee for that right. Here you are playing one section over & over grinding to get to the next area, you can also play this game for free without spending a dime on it. For the price, its fine, if it goes to a required subscription fee, then you can complain.

Leave a comment:

• R2471526
    replied
    then go and play WoW

Leave a comment:

• Wyerwinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Zhen_Hui View Post
    So what you are trying to say is, you are expecting the programmers to come out with different quests to keep you occupied until you level up? Then there should be fresh quests waiting for you to complete until next level?

I like your idea But that's not gonna happen. I doubt there's any online games out there that has such features as well.
    That is exactly what I'm saying.
    Or, at least there could be more options for your scenarios to dull the boredom.
    Once upon a time I played WOW, and there were many options at every level.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Ok now I am confused.

First you said letting you know the quest ahead is a bad thing.
    Then you said that doing the same single player dungeon sucks.

So if I may ask, what is your solution?

Leave a comment:

• DeathRiver
    replied
    There are many MMORPGs that gives you different quests to do every time you've done the previous ones, but their patterns is the same, kill and collect.

If you don't like anything repetitive, better not play online games at all, since the majority of them are repetitive with different names.

Leave a comment:

• Zhen_Hui
    replied
    So what you are trying to say is, you are expecting the programmers to come out with different quests to keep you occupied until you level up? Then there should be fresh quests waiting for you to complete until next level?

I like your idea But that's not gonna happen. I doubt there's any online games out there that has such features as well.

Leave a comment:

• R2471526
    replied
    going over and over same thing just to gain exp is like in any mmorpg, you cannot just do it the 3 times and level straight after, it's the whole point of progressing in any game, it's harder and longer to level.

Leave a comment:

• Wyerwinn
    replied
    That is not the point!!!!
    What happens is the player is left with going over the same ground over and over again, killing the same monsters over and over, in an attempt to rack up XP.
    It seems to me that the designers of the game would have presented logical scenarios for advancement as you go, not just trying to rehash yesterday's breakfast over and again.

The one saving grace of this is the Hero's Hall and the Arena, where you can go and test yourself.

Leave a comment:

• DeathRiver
    replied
    I agree with CondorHero's post above, having known what you need to do before hand gives you time to prepare.

Like asking higher level players if there are any possible problems with such quests.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by Wyerwinn View Post
    It doesn't cause any problems, but it seems silly, like the game is getting ahead of itself.
    I present another scenario to you.

Suppose the game doesn't do this. Then we will get players coming to the forums and make a post which says "Why doesn't R2 let us know in advance what are the quests????!!!!!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X