Is it a bug or a hack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a bug or a hack?

I understand that its much harder to kill someone in arena if that guy is online. But how come everytime i pvp with a mage in arena they can cast aoe skills non stop? Meteo need 30 rage and ROF need 16 rage how can u do that within the first 2 cast? Even with castinador work all the time can a mage follow by another aoe? i got hit like 5 to 6 aoe during a pvp with a mage online. This is not one mage that i'm talking about, most of the mage are doing it whenever they are online.

It is already so unfair for mage to cast aoe at low rage now with this bug/hack where are we archers standing?

Are archers underpowered?
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

You're really tough to stand against 5, 6 AoEs in a fight, unless the mage is focused on defense and not attack (which is weird btw).

Rain of Fire hits twice on each target, meaning, you and your troops = 3 targets = 6 hits. And Meteor hits twice per target to, not counting the damage it may do to you (fixed per skill level), so it would be 6 hits minimum if your troops are still alive.

Mages have a passive called Heart Elemental, giving them 2 rage each time (counting hits) they do damage. And this is the cause of the Rain and Meteor combo.

Assuming first turn the mage uses Bolt, gains 8 rage. Rain of Fire hits 6 times, loses 16 rage (22 rage left). With the passive above, that mage gains 2x6 rage back (12), meaning, the mage will have 34 rage after casting Rain of Fire. That's more than enough for Meteor.

The is also one thing about Castinator that you don't know, the skill reduces rage cost of the next skill by 20, if the skill casted cost no rage, Castinator will stay. For example, Bolt. However, this also applies to Rain of Fire as well, since it costs 16 rage, the skill is deemed free and the mage gains 4 rage, plus whatever gained from Heart Elemental. Also, Purification is free under the effect of Castinator as well (QTE reduces rage cost by 5, meaning Purification only cost 15 rage).

I hope my wall of text explained the mages' combos of AoEs for you.
      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

I think he wants archers to casting AOE as often.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
          You're really tough to stand against 5, 6 AoEs in a fight, unless the mage is focused on defense and not attack (which is weird btw).

Rain of Fire hits twice on each target, meaning, you and your troops = 3 targets = 6 hits. And Meteor hits twice per target to, not counting the damage it may do to you (fixed per skill level), so it would be 6 hits minimum if your troops are still alive.

Mages have a passive called Heart Elemental, giving them 2 rage each time (counting hits) they do damage. And this is the cause of the Rain and Meteor combo.

Assuming first turn the mage uses Bolt, gains 8 rage. Rain of Fire hits 6 times, loses 16 rage (22 rage left). With the passive above, that mage gains 2x6 rage back (12), meaning, the mage will have 34 rage after casting Rain of Fire. That's more than enough for Meteor.

The is also one thing about Castinator that you don't know, the skill reduces rage cost of the next skill by 20, if the skill casted cost no rage, Castinator will stay. For example, Bolt. However, this also applies to Rain of Fire as well, since it costs 16 rage, the skill is deemed free and the mage gains 4 rage, plus whatever gained from Heart Elemental. Also, Purification is free under the effect of Castinator as well (QTE reduces rage cost by 5, meaning Purification only cost 15 rage).

I hope my wall of text explained the mages' combos of AoEs for you.
          if mage cast first 2 skills as aoe 100% confirm my troops will be wipe out even at lvl 68 and max def at lvl 68. As for me i got almost 10k def for mdef and pdef but at most i only can take 5 to 6 aoe and thats provided that mage only cast once meteor. But as far as i know some of the mage that i pvp with dont even cast bolt. Even so about all the rage that mage can cast so many aoe in a row but what about the cooldown?

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            I think he wants archers to casting AOE as often.
            In fact i don't use aoe when i pvp. prob i will be dead before i can charge up rage to cast luna cos the fastest i can cast it is at 3 cast or worst 4 cast but after that i will be left with 0 rage again. even if i can charge up i should be almost dead by then.

Comment

What i'm trying to say here is that remember in the past knight use to have a bug that reflect dmg on us even after are dead and ended up they win and we lost. So can this issue on mage be a bug as well?

Comment

Originally posted by R22628169 View Post
                if mage cast first 2 skills as aoe 100% confirm my troops will be wipe out even at lvl 68 and max def at lvl 68. As for me i got almost 10k def for mdef and pdef but at most i only can take 5 to 6 aoe and thats provided that mage only cast once meteor. But as far as i know some of the mage that i pvp with dont even cast bolt. Even so about all the rage that mage can cast so many aoe in a row but what about the cooldown?
                If that's the case, can you note down the skills used by that mage (or mages) during the duel between you and that mage (or mages)?

With more precise pattern of their attacks, I can tell you more.

PS: If they have PvE gears, then spamming AoEs is something extremely easy.
                The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

With pve, mages cannot pull off aoe in the first 2 attacks.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

I have a mage with the lvl 45 gear

I gives 30 rage to start
                    and I can cast rof 1st
                    and then cast meteor next

when I cast rof it uses 16 rage but gives me 18 back( this happens about 70% of the time )
                    DarkMagus

Comment

The best I can do is this in 55 gear.

Reign of Fire
                      Bolt
                      Meteor
                      Reign of Fire
                      Bolt

Comment

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
                        The best I can do is this in 55 gear.

Reign of Fire
                        Bolt
                        Meteor
                        Reign of Fire
                        Bolt
                        This is typically what I can do unless Focus Talent kicks in and gives me 50% rage cost decrease. Most of the time it's easy to get RoF, Lightning, then Meteor and take out troops so you can focus on the main target.

Comment

Working...
                        X