Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Censor Filter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censor Filter

First of all, I would like to see an OPTION to turn on the censor filter or not. I'm fine with naughty language and don't feel that I need to be protected. Default to having it on, but please give me the option.

Second - fix it. I'm not sure why GM is filtered or why many of the other filtered words are cut out and others still remain.

So please, when you update the Censor Filter, give us the option to have it in the first place.

Cheers,
    Malfaedor
    Server 1 - Ibalize
    Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
    Kabam Server 1 - US West
    Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
    S5 - Roaring Wetlands
    Guild: Saga

Agreed. Good idea. I hope they look at this and seriously consider it.

Comment

If "GM" is not filtered out, then "GM" will be constantly abused.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
        actually if we think about it there aren't many ways to abuse the word GM

cause "GM' also mean

Guild master
        game man
        game monsters

the word "GM" doesn't only mean game masters and not specifically r2 game master

the word can be broken into serveral different words so it can't be abused easily and if someone wanted to change that all they have to do is

G.M which completely ruins the point of the censor
        Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
        [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
          We use GM as shorthand for Guild Master, and shorthand is very useful considering the finite number of chat characters that can be posted.

Is there any chance you can explain the nature of the "abuse" you predict? Is there an assumption that Guild Moderators will automatically be linked to the conversation? I mean, it's censored now, so any function it would have is non-existent anyway, so I'm not entirely clear what you mean by abuse, or who or what would be abused if people could use it. Please explain this further as I am quite confused by this explanation.

The problem too though is that the censor will remove censored words/language from within words - for example, "wingman" becomes "win@$an" and one of my particular favourites is "horsemen" which got turned into "hor@#$%!" because the final five letters are "*****."

At any rate, the censor needs to be fixed, and we should have the right to disable it if we are mature enough to handle such language.

Cheers,
          Malf
          Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
          Kabam Server 1 - US West

General Zod
          S5 - Roaring Wetlands

Comment

there are kids that play the game and being a veteran gamer, I know for a fact that the worst offenders for swearing and offensive remarks are generally not the kids... its the adults that are meant to be intelligent and mature enuf to act responsibly in a game without a filter or a very loose one

GM is a official title that R2 staff do use in the game so its reserved for them
            Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
            Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Mod View Post
              GM is a official title that R2 staff do use in the game so its reserved for them
              Wasn't aware of that Ratty - I have never seen it used in-game by anyone to be honest. I'd still like to be able to say wingman without getting censored though.

As for the filter - I understand the point, but I think putting in a filter that is by Default ON and letting players turn it off if they want to would be okay. This way the kids are automatically protected (assuming they need it - I knew them all by 8 thanks to my father ;-D ) and perhaps, since this would require a coded switch, link the switch to the age of the gamer so it is only there or usable if the person is 21+.

Malfaedor
              Kabam Server 1 - US West

General Zod
              S5 - Roaring Wetlands

Comment

The filtering is sometimes way too sensitive, though. "Basement" is filtered, it shows up as Ba@*%$&t... really...?! Popular is filtered because of gods know what language 'pula' is... Fine that these words in themselves are filtered, but when they're part of a completely different word, the filtering is just a pain in the backside. I'm sure that can be fixed to a more normal level of filtering.

Comment

the only solution that is really fair, is create a chat option outside of the game where you can be in control of what is said.... cos the simple truth is no matter how much you can use your brains in the game and control what you say.... somebodies IQ test came back negative and they are the reason we have censor filters
                  Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                  Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

cos the simple truth is no matter how much you can use your brains in the game and control what you say.... somebodies IQ test came back negative and they are the reason we have censor filters
                    *giggle* Well said... ^_^

Comment

the only solution that is really fair, is create a chat option outside of the game where you can be in control of what is said.... cos the simple truth is no matter how much you can use your brains in the game and control what you say.... somebodies IQ test came back negative and they are the reason we have censor filters
                      LOL. Fair one. But again, fixing the censor to stop filtering words from within words would be nice. :-)

CreamySaucepan - Basement has "*****" in it too.

Malfaedor
                      Kabam Server 1 - US West

General Zod
                      S5 - Roaring Wetlands

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
                        CreamySaucepan - Basement has "*****" in it too.
                        I know... I meant to say it's far-fetched...

Comment

well i don't wanna say something bad to what u said

cause what u said is really true
                          ok
                          Last edited by Hyorinmaru6; 01-31-2013, 09:44 PM.
                          Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                          [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

I want a special filter!! The one changing normal language into the extremely swearing one! :-D

Comment

Working...
                            X