Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

make a surrender button in guild battle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make a surrender button in guild battle

well if enemy outnumbered they surrender!

Saves everybody's time.

+1
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Would be lots more under 20 minute fights LOL
      ♥Hell♥
      Sybian
      S1 - VictisHNR
      *smoooooooooooooooooochies*

Comment

While part of me likes it the rest hates it... I can already see ways in which it would be abused to hell and back.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

its too easy to abuse, sorry......
          Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
          Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

+1 saves time and reward but this button can ONLY be used by the GUILD MASTER

if only the guild master has the power to do it then its ok

also Ratty_Da_Mod please enlighten me how this will be abused?
            Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
            [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
              also Ratty_Da_Mod please enlighten me how this will be abused?
              For instance guilds making agreements; "You surrender so we get in the top 4, and we won't plunder you / trample on you in BG / steal your mines, etc". Or even more extreme: making a guild filled with alts, making said alt guild strong enough to compete in GvG, and then surrender as soon as they face the main guild. Pretty extreme, but I bet ppl are obsessed enough to consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                For instance guilds making agreements; "You surrender so we get in the top 4, and we won't plunder you / trample on you in BG / steal your mines, etc". Or even more extreme: making a guild filled with alts, making said alt guild strong enough to compete in GvG, and then surrender as soon as they face the main guild. Pretty extreme, but I bet ppl are obsessed enough to consider it.
                is that an abuse?

all i see is things which are normal

weather they win or lose the power balance isn't going to change in 1 day

the weaker guilds will be crushed and the stronger ones will stay on top

besides the choice should only be the choice of the guild master

as for my guild well we rather stall the enemy than give them a break

or we just defeat them
                we hate losing

this button is for the guilds who have lost hope and wants to give up before losing too much HP

besides its not that easy to make others give up

making alts guild will take along time and those who are not made of alts is bound to be a stronger guild cause there is a limit to ur alts and there is a limit to how much u can compete
                Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

oh dear, it would seem that my learned colleague appears to have forgotten the performance dynamic of the guild battle scenario.

Could it be that the minor aspect of the *Earn The WIN * nature of the battle, has been passed over and that the time honoured tradition of fight til the bitter win, is now not as heroic a endevour as take one look and surrender before the enemy has chance to draw their bowstrings.......

let me dumb it down a lot and make it simple..... the guild war is based around getting 4k more points than the enemy and earning the victory..... a surrender button removes the whole essence of the guild wars

Comment

One suggestion I would like to make here - I agree with Ratty about fighting to the end (we don't give up no matter what the odds), but I would like to see a default win if no one shows up after 15 minutes. This means that no one from one side even logs into the Guild War; if someone logs in and even if it is only one person, the fight goes on, but to save time, if no one shows after 15 minutes, the Guild that has come on the field wins by default without losing anything for not being strong enough to get 4K in 20 minutes.

After all, if sports teams don't show up within 15 minutes of a matches start, they usually call the game in favour of the team that showed up.

I've seen this in fact - we've shown up for a Guild War and no one else came to the battle.
                    Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
                    Kabam Server 1 - US West
                    Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
                    S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                    Guild: Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Mod View Post
                      oh dear, it would seem that my learned colleague appears to have forgotten the performance dynamic of the guild battle scenario.

Could it be that the minor aspect of the *Earn The WIN * nature of the battle, has been passed over and that the time honoured tradition of fight til the bitter win, is now not as heroic a endevour as take one look and surrender before the enemy has chance to draw their bowstrings.......

let me dumb it down a lot and make it simple..... the guild war is based around getting 4k more points than the enemy and earning the victory..... a surrender button removes the whole essence of the guild wars
                      hahhaahahahaha

ok stop ur making me laugh

heheheehehe

well a surrender is for the guilds who give up thats also a bit common in wars (its called pulling out the white flag)

i say those guilds who DO NOT wanna lose HP due to guilds spawn camping them can surrender but if they don't want to then its gonna be a good fight

heheeheh but still ur right it does remove the point of GW

so lets say those who surrender get only 200 honor and insignia and NO WHIPS as a reward

so this should be able to say that only those who don't want to participate can quit and those guild masters who do will do it will do it after consulting with his/her guildies right

also this is just for sport buddy

a give up button to give up and a fight on choice if u feel that u can fight HONORABLY
                      and gain respect

don't u think its ok the implement something for those extreme lowbies who need a little boost to make sure they don't feel too under powered

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
                      One suggestion I would like to make here - I agree with Ratty about fighting to the end (we don't give up no matter what the odds), but I would like to see a default win if no one shows up after 15 minutes. This means that no one from one side even logs into the Guild War; if someone logs in and even if it is only one person, the fight goes on, but to save time, if no one shows after 15 minutes, the Guild that has come on the field wins by default without losing anything for not being strong enough to get 4K in 20 minutes.

After all, if sports teams don't show up within 15 minutes of a matches start, they usually call the game in favour of the team that showed up.

I've seen this in fact - we've shown up for a Guild War and no one else came to the battle.
                      http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....battle+default

suggested

and this one is for players based

see if even a single person in the guild shows up then i think its worth fighting them with all u have
                      why?

cause they had the honor and pride to face an army clearly aware that they have no chance in winning

right

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

the problem with being a forum mod, is that I have to deal with players that have more complaints than a hypochondriacs convention..... and one of the issues that they have... is the fact that some guilds just dissolve before a guild war and that means no insignia and honour for the winning / remaining guild..........
                        there have been suggestions that guilds are not allowed to dissolve / disband cos it hurts the other guild;.....

I could only imagine the wahhhhhhambulance that would be driving thru the forums if the * winning * guild also got penalized because not only did they not get the 4k point advantage, but also that they can not beat the snot out of the *losing * guild for costing them insignia and honour, and how unfair is that.......

Serrin posted in the forums about how they won their guild war fight, and they were the ONLY person in the guild war battle... so single handedly, they took all 4 towers and then sat quietly in the battle ground, watching their toe nails grow, for nearly a hour.....

a surrender button is simply a excuse not to fight, when people are not forced to fight any way.... and it sounds like the * winning * guild just want a easy victory by way of getting weaker guilds to surrender

btw the start of your post reminded me of this pic
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	stopstopnorea128391984041718750.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1664158
                        Last edited by Kitwritten; 01-31-2013, 08:39 AM.

Comment

I like the the forfiet idea, however I think should be a bit longer than 15 minutes

Comment

can we have Spawn Protection then? An 'out of bounds' area in the camp?
                            Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Well, nice winning Guilds tell their members to not kill anyone if they dont leave the spawn anyway Too bad if the winning guild isnt that nice though. Well, such is life lol

Comment

Working...
                              X