make a surrender button in guild battle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Mod View Post

a surrender button is simply a excuse not to fight, when people are not forced to fight any way.... and it sounds like the * winning * guild just want a easy victory by way of getting weaker guilds to surrender
    I don't want to force a losing guild to surrender, but if you created something like an Intentional Draw where instead for 20min victory Insta-Win, you get a 50/50 split and the "winner" moves on. Because lets be honest, over half the t16 guilds in any given server are dead guilds that you just sit there in OR the smaller guild just gets dominated anyway. Guild battle is boring and repetative on such a large scale i keep gold on me to work astrals while we are waiting.

Quick poll: Do any servers have more than 4 active guilds? And do any of the guilds 2-4 actually have a chance vs. Guild 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Mod View Post
      the problem with being a forum mod, is that I have to deal with players that have more complaints than a hypochondriacs convention..... and one of the issues that they have... is the fact that some guilds just dissolve before a guild war and that means no insignia and honour for the winning / remaining guild..........
      there have been suggestions that guilds are not allowed to dissolve / disband cos it hurts the other guild;.....

I could only imagine the wahhhhhhambulance that would be driving thru the forums if the * winning * guild also got penalized because not only did they not get the 4k point advantage, but also that they can not beat the snot out of the *losing * guild for costing them insignia and honour, and how unfair is that.......

Serrin posted in the forums about how they won their guild war fight, and they were the ONLY person in the guild war battle... so single handedly, they took all 4 towers and then sat quietly in the battle ground, watching their toe nails grow, for nearly a hour.....

a surrender button is simply a excuse not to fight, when people are not forced to fight any way.... and it sounds like the * winning * guild just want a easy victory by way of getting weaker guilds to surrender

btw the start of your post reminded me of this pic
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]33147[/ATTACH]
      hehehehehehehehehehehe ok now i am laughing even more from seeing that CUTEEE cat picture hahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahah

Ok well thing is that in GvG we have timer for every 20 mins which results in something like this

IF U DON'T TAKE THE WARD TOWER IN 20 MINS U GET LOW REWARD

the thing is during the early stage when the level 60s are new and the power balance makes it pretty impossible to take the ward tower before 20 mins
      this surrender button helps

how?

well for the guild which lacks many lvl 60s can possibly take the ward tower out before 20 mins which results in lower reward but with the surrender button and the default win

those who show up gets the full prize and those who quit lose their reward and respect

also

ITS A COOL THING UR A MOD BUDDY AWESOME

also honestly i think the guild battle is pretty boring

cause the PVP is lame

the points is based on getting the towers and hitting another tower which hits u back for 20k and 15k if ur lucky and u block it

there is no make a blood bath out of the other guilds
      there is no make a rule that those who stand shall fall
      there is no power to the winning guild at all

the only thing is REWARD

its quite boring and really lame

if i was able to edit it i would make it in a way that the top 2 guilds fight for 1 hour straight
      no points
      no towers
      no buffs
      no scrolls
      no pots

no nothing

just pure and crazy hit me and u die PVP

true battle
      true war
      true action

best of all

the winner is based on the guild which kills the other guilds members more than they killing ur members

here its all based on ur pure raw power as a casher and as a non casher class and ur build

kinda like chess (i am a chess player so its the best example i can pull for a strategy based war game)
      Last edited by Hyorinmaru6; 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM.
      Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
      [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by R24239065 View Post
        I like the the forfiet idea, however I think should be a bit longer than 15 minutes
        How about 19 minutes then? 1 minute before the change in awards?

I like the idea of no spawn-camping either. We got spawn-camped by xKnight'sx in our Guild War on Monday night and it blew monkey chunks. When we faced off against a weaker guild on Wednesday's Guild War, we intentionally did NOT spawn-camp - made for a much better Guild War (to quote Fezzik - more sportsmanlike) that was a lot more fun and actually gave a challenge where there would not have really been one otherwise.
        Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
        Kabam Server 1 - US West
        Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
        S5 - Roaring Wetlands
        Guild: Saga

Comment

i think if a guild surrenders if there is a button to do so in the future they should not get any rewards,why reward someone for doing nothing if your not gonna fight at all then you deserve no rewards for giving up. My guild Fights every single time out, even against the one guild that slaughters us but we fight every second of it and at least try to make things happen if your gonna sit in your spawn and cry about dying then you should not have entered in the first place, and if you have a option to surrender you should not get anything for doing so, maybe while they are at it they can give us all rewards for BG also and make so we don't have to do anything(sarcasm).

Comment

Why not just change the Guild Battle time to 30minutes. 1 Hour is a bit much just to fight, and assuming your guild is greatly outnumbered it would just be like (lets just sit here because the enemy team wont even let us out of our spawn). This has happened plenty of times where another guild outnumbers and just sits at the enemy spawn making it difficult to do anything. As a result players begin to dislike guild battles because they sit there for 1 hour getting killed constantly just for a reward, or just end up leaving the battle.

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
            How about 19 minutes then? 1 minute before the change in awards?

I like the idea of no spawn-camping either. We got spawn-camped by xKnight'sx in our Guild War on Monday night and it blew monkey chunks. When we faced off against a weaker guild on Wednesday's Guild War, we intentionally did NOT spawn-camp - made for a much better Guild War (to quote Fezzik - more sportsmanlike) that was a lot more fun and actually gave a challenge where there would not have really been one otherwise.
            The no spawn-camping seems like a good idea and im sure more people would agree.
            Last edited by Moriganna; 02-01-2013, 11:50 AM.
            Morganna
            Server: 112 Seven-Realm: 49 Mage
            Guild: FREEDOM

Need To File A Ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by Moriganna View Post
              Why not just change the Guild Battle time to 30minutes. 1 Hour is a bit much just to fight, and assuming your guild is greatly outnumbered it would just be like (lets just sit here because the enemy team wont even let us out of our spawn). This has happened plenty of times where another guild outnumbers and just sits at the enemy spawn making it difficult to do anything. As a result players begin to dislike guild battles because they sit there for 1 hour getting killed constantly just for a reward, or just end up leaving the battle.

The no spawn-camping seems like a good idea and im sure more people would agree.
              Most of the guild battles are over with in under 30 minutes anyway on my main server. Just a few times we missed the 20 minute mark by a nose. But I have also on another server been the only person to show up. That character is not played as often as my main server character so I wasn't anywhere near good enough to damage their ward to speed it up and I wasn't asst gm to call a war chariot to help. In my main server we generally take four towers, head towards their side, destroy any we find on the way and form a defensive line. Many times we stand there and chat in current chat with the other team while the rest of our guys hit the ward tower. We also for the third week in a row have to fight a guild we couldn't beat unless they all had issues logging in but we make them work for it. We fight til the end and we stretch it past 20 and almost past 30. But we are playing for fun so win or lose we already won.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

I dont think them should use suranders buttons, becouse is hard to complete before 20 min with out a summon skills to do that, and after 20 min winners start lose rewards and losers reward rise.
                So them should only go afk and see a movie or samting to time is out.

But sure should be nice.
                Character - Taggen
                Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
                Class - Archer
                Battle Rating -2.4M BR
                Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
                Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

+3..if the guildplayers has not shown for 10 mins. the guild must be loss the game
                  Server: [s78]Mortling Stronghold
                  IGN: PaperHeart
                  Guild: Valhalla
                  Character: Knight
                  Level: 64
                  "Proud to be a Non-Casher"

Comment

Oh dear, do people really want to join the guild battle just so they can surrender?

We are strong, We are powerful, We will conquer the server!!! can we have a surrender button just in case we can not beat the other 15 guilds that are higher than use in the Guild Battles ?

A surrender button would not benefit the guild that doesn't want to fight or the guild members that want to fight or unfortunately belong to a guild where the guild leader lacks the primary aspect of what makes a man a man. A surrender button is only of benefit to a guild that gets bored with having nobody to bully and dislike having to work for their honour and insignia.

If players do not want to fight a battle, then do not participate in the guild battle, Let the warriors do the fighting, the whingers do the whining and the women make the sammichs. with bacon as well for the winners.

Comment

as I said, make an out of bounds area in the spawn zone....thats my biggest complaint is losing 500k hp to a guild I can't beat...... that way I can show up and try, but if I lose to much hp, I can sit in teh safety zone and the opposing team can hit the ward tower....already had one team bring the ward tower down on us for big prizes on their part.
                      Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Just for record, i am in three different guilds on three different servers and all three stress no spawn area entering..

Comment

Working...
                        X