Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i see many magical knights and macho mages. onimad (Feb 1, 2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i see many magical knights and macho mages. onimad (Feb 1, 2013)

The above comment by onimad struck a chord because the notion of magical knights and macho mages seems funny. The comment was made in relation to attempts made by many top players in trying to get into the Hall of Honor. Should matk (patk) be considered in computing the base battle rating for knights/archers (mages)?

In particular, is the use of matk (patk) astrals to boost the battle rating of knights/archers (mages) considered an exploit of a loophole in the computation of battle rating, since we all know that they do not affect the true battle strength? Note that patk astrals do not add pdef and matk astrals do not add mdef.

I believe that the above issue is important because onimad was making the comment in the context of getting into the Hall of Honor.
    Last edited by jeffhawk; 02-01-2013, 06:06 AM.

Not entirely accurate, there were some magical knights and macho mages from before this event anyway cos Int adds mDef and Power adds pDef, and I assume once all other guild skills are maxed you may as well max those too.
    Blizzarea
    S147
    Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

These rules were not stated in the Hall of Honor thread.

To add it in now would be unfair to players who spend cash for this events.

I think some players who made this comment wanted the rewards to be exclusive to them only.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by jeffhawk View Post
        The above comment by onimad struck a chord because the notion of magical knights and macho mages seems funny. The comment was made in relation to attempts made by many top players in trying to get into the Hall of Honor. Should matk (patk) be considered in computing the base battle rating for knights/archers (mages)? In particular, is the use of matk (patk) astrals to boost the battle rating of knights/archers (mages) considered an exploit of a loophole in the computation of battle rating, since we all know that they do not affect the true battle strength?

Pffff, then we can start with "Ooooh he has will destroyer but hes with critical astro to increase br", omg. Dont be so jelly pls, if r2 wated not to apply intell for knights or patk or matk astros they really should said that before a lot off ppl made the effort to do the event... Anyway good try but not going to drop ppl off the event, they said temporal buffs as only non appliable :P
        As a non hard casher i made a lot of effort jumping from 51 to 60k br, going absolutely all events and even waking up to get plants lol, coverting my dearest block gems to pdef only coz it gave more Br, etc etc... Some of us have to try some ways not just cashing and that should be rewarded too :P

First the whines bout Therion (wich i dont have) and now this tsk. So sad that some ppl instead of "Oh great, he made it" is more "Ahhhhh, he made it, lets see if i can screw him/her some way, what can i do? Hmm ill complain in forum" lol
        Last edited by shirokane; 02-01-2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

but enhanced determination doesnt add br

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            These rules were not stated in the Hall of Honor thread.

To add it in now would be unfair to players who spend cash for this events.

I think some players who made this comment wanted the rewards to be exclusive to them only.
            those who sees this as unfair just a noob..
            the astral are there for u to equip.
            it's not cheating or exploiting.
            it's just funny
            anyway the requirement is u have to equip it till event ends.
            i'm supporting those who changes their astral for this events.
            not all player have the guts to change

esp mages. it's very difficult to reach that amount of BR consider they don't have stats bonus like knights n archers.
            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by onimad View Post
              those who sees this as unfair just a noob..
              the astral are there for u to equip.
              it's not cheating or exploiting.
              it's just funny
              anyway the requirement is u have to equip it till event ends.
              i'm supporting those who changes their astral for this events.
              not all player have the guts to change

esp mages. it's very difficult to reach that amount of BR consider they don't have stats bonus like knights n archers.
              tbh adding pointless stats for the rewards has prolly weakened them temporarily and they deserve the wings more for being brave
              Blizzarea
              S147
              Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

I'm nowhere near the BR to even consider going for this event, and I throw my support in with those who are altering their builds to achieve their goals. I don't see it as cheating. As a Knight, I invest in the intellect guild skill to boost my mDef which also boosts my BR, even though most of the benefit goes toward mAtt, which is useless in my case. Doesn't stop me from investing in it, so I don't see why a mage can't invest in a pAtt astral to help them along. To define that as cheating would be just as foolish as me running around the game without trying to invest in some mDef. It just happens to be a stat that they wont get much out of in the rest of the game.
                ChieftainRez
                Knight
                VictisHNR
                [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Working...
                X