Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm Hp archer ?

I got a question on archer's build ..

Why use mdef and pdef and try to improve those stats?

Instead why not Hp astral.. pattk .. determination, sniper edge and goddess blessing ?

use the gems of pattk, hp, critic and then may be other if u can socket beyond 3

I wanna understand why this cannot be effective .. I cannot rebuild my char on these lines but would luv to know pros and cons of the same

If you're talking astral.

Simple.

The hp you usually get is 1.5-2k as reasonable amnout.

Which equals to 570-860 defence.

(Xdamage-Ydefence)/2 is the general way damage works. Now either you have 2000hp. Or you have ~500 defence that takes away about 1000 damage from each hit taken (if i'm not all wrong of a sudden, sick & tired so forgive any mistakes made).

Now that makes the worth of 1 hp astral = 2 hits.

And you take A LOT more than 2 hits a fight. (unless you're ...weak fighting a Superhitter but even then, if he can kill you in 1 hit without that HP astral, then it doesn't friggin matter at all)

So. The End.

Defence Astral > HP astral.

Goddess Blessing is good yes. But you'll have to work on if ~-12% damage is better than 864 Defence (Using oranges for calculating) And if you don't have Enhanced Goddess Blessing, it's mostly waste of astral slots if you do not have a defence here.

Archers Astrals for lvl 25 should be:
    Patt + Def
    Archers Astrals for lvl 30 should be
    Patt + Def + Def
    Archers Astrals for lvl 40 should be:
    Patt + Def + Def + Crit
    Archers astrals for lvl 50 should be:
    PATT, PDEF, MDEF, CRIT, DETERMINATION. (This is arguable if you have good def gems & Enhanced Goddess Blessing, then you MAYBE can replace 1 defence astral, but it need lvl 4+ Enhanced Goddess Blessing)

(You who are a very good archer may say something else. Then I listen to you, I've played mage mostly, and I'm doing what I believe to be a quialified guess on Archers' astrals)
    S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
    Mage: Existence (G.M)
    BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

I am an HP archer (55k HP, level 65) and I use gems to boost my HP, not the astral. Overall what the HP astral adds on a per-level basis is nowhere near as effective as pumping up your defense astrals.

Agree with Greedy, but since the early part of the game is heavily overpowered in favor of the archer, I would rather do PATK + PDEF + CRIT at level 30, and PATK + PDEF + CRIT + CRIT BASE at level 40, and then only add MDEF at 50, once mages get a lot scarier with additional skill points in AOE around that time.

Comment

hp archer just doesn't work. you need a mixture of defense and hp in order to survive. Astrals goes like this, pattack, crit, pdef, mdef, goddess blessing, illusion. Thats the astrals in order you should get and use in order.

Comment

I was going to submit a new thread, but this one is perfect for my question. I am considering adjusting a few gems. We are facing a really tough guild in GB tonight. I was wondering if trading out a few HP gems for more Pdef/Mdef would do any good? I am a newby 50 level. Thanks for the advice.

Pdef - 5694
          Mdef - 5475
          HP - 28091

Comment

Originally posted by SirChuck View Post
            I was going to submit a new thread, but this one is perfect for my question. I am considering adjusting a few gems. We are facing a really tough guild in GB tonight. I was wondering if trading out a few HP gems for more Pdef/Mdef would do any good? I am a newby 50 level. Thanks for the advice.

Pdef - 5694
            Mdef - 5475
            HP - 28091
            whats ur patt?
            SUPERIORMAN
            SERVER 82
            GUILD LEGAL-RO
            VIP LVL 8 - CHECK
            WINGS - CHECK
            RHINO - CHECK
            LOVE WARTUNE... AHHHHH YEAHHHHHHH

Comment

Originally posted by R2471526 View Post
              hp archer just doesn't work. you need a mixture of defense and hp in order to survive. Astrals goes like this, pattack, crit, pdef, mdef, goddess blessing, illusion. Thats the astrals in order you should get and use in order.
              u left our determination!!!
              Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
              Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
              Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
              One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
              In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
              One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
              One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
              In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
                u left our determination!!!
                I was thinking the same thing. It should go Patk, Pdef, Mdef, Crit+, Crit %. I also have enhanced goddess blessing and wonder if/and when it becomes more important than one of the defense astrals. I also would love to insert illusion. I'm just not sure which one would come out in place of it.

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

since you we're talking about hp archer i guess its my chance to ask about my character. any suggestion or comment will be highly appreciated. thanks

*i ain't crazy balenor. i just use some for wings, vip also rods since the time i reach 45.
                  gems : 8 level 5 patk and mdef, 4 level 5 hp, 2 level 4,5 pdef.(will work for remaining level 4 pdef gem tomorrow)
                  Last edited by skatsteyp; 02-07-2013, 06:20 AM.

Comment

i agree with archer on HP gems/astral.. since archers have +hp% passive.. might as well take advantage of that passive..

must have stats in gears: power, pattack, def, endu, .. 5th would be up to you. hp or crit if you ask me..

gems would be pattack, hp(ofcourse) , again its up to you..

IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X