Sinner VS Recovery Officer !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
    Please... enlighten me as to how attacking red players is an exploit. That, and collecting shards after I've reached honor cap are all that I typically do in BG's.

As for the level gaps, that issue will be addressed in the upcoming patch. Albeit, the same people complaining now about level gap will instead be complaining about gear gaps, gem gaps, BR gaps, tech gaps, guild skill gaps, mount gaps, etc. once they realise that level isn't the biggest factor towards performance.
    There is much truth to this.

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
      I did this ONCE with a 40% dryads - I honestly didn't even think it was possible to do (only bothered attacking resource officer once or twice prior to this) even with dryads blessing. As to whether or not this is exploiting, well, you say building dryads to intentionally kill a specific player or NPC is an exploit, so I suppose that will means everyone that comes out in BG and PLANTS themself on my location for the entire duration of the BG with the specific intent to build their dryads to eventually have enough to kill me (completely ignoring all objectives and other possible targets to attack) are exploiting - in which case, that'd make a LOT of exploiters - including certain people whom have replied in this thread asking to have me be perma-banned and I didn't even PLAN on getting the dryads for any particular purpose; just kinda' whimsically figured I'd give it a shot once I had the dryads.

I did not set out to exploit the system with what I was doing, nor did I even think I'd succeed, but I did. I never claimed it was an astonishing achievement (since I had dryads). I only wanted to see if it's possible - it is.

Now, whether or not attacking (and killing, potentially) the resource officer would be construed as griefing other players by preventing them from turning in resources, sure, I can see that being possible, but the primary objective of a BG for both teams is to win. Killing cart-runners before they make it to shards doesn't make friends, but it certainly slows down the rate at which the opposing team could be gaining the bulk of their points, for example. Attacking (and potentially killing - let's not forget that even if you're just attacking the resource officer, the opposing team cannot turn in carts as well) the resource officer can give a losing team enough time to catch up and/or surpass the opposing team or even give a winning team more of an edge - it's a strategic action, afterall, so if 7Roads had no intention on such a thing to occur, they would've made the resource officer unattackable. Attacking guards and resource officers is effective for making sure that your team wins a BG, but anyone who attacks guards/officer won't make as much honor as someone attacking players, nor will anyone that focuses on attacking anything (guards or players) be able to rake in the shards. You're always sacrificing something else that could be gained no matter what role you intend to fill in a BG.

-Sinner
      well said, and i completely agree...
      let the haters complain all they want, fact is if they consider this an exploit then a majority of all players do the very same exploit everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by R24465997 View Post
        well said, and i completely agree...
        let the haters complain all they want, fact is if they consider this an exploit then a majority of all players do the very same exploit everyday.
        yeah prolly they can do a ss of those exploiters and file tickets.
        Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
        Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
        Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
        One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
        In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
        One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
        One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
        In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

lol.. this is not an exploit. i would call a bit of lousy strategy. there is another easier strategy.
          the main intention is to pevent enemy from turning the resources.
          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by ChieftainRez View Post
            Actions like this are the very reason why so many people leave the game consistently before they make it to high levels.

Ever have fun waiting for an hour to find a team to run a Moonevil Den Dungeon or higher? Not many people around those level right now is there?

You can thank game mechanics like this for such things. This game is getting to be so lopsided it's going to fall over sideways. And I am afraid it's getting to be too late to fix it.
            No where in my post do I recall saying anything about Sinner the player at all. While I don't approve of this sort of actions in the game for my own playstyle, I am not about to tell anyone what they can and cannot do in the game, as long as it is within the game parameters. People have their ideas on what is right and or wrong, and it is not my place to say otherwise, unless I have full knowledge of the Developers intentions on how the game should be played. Which I don't.

I am referring to the overall game mechanics as it comes to game design. The idea that a single player (whomever it may be) can be allowed to bully lower strength players repeatedly and score large amounts of strength enhancing honor (in the form of medallions), and thereby increasing the margin of strength, while concurrently decreasing the gained honor from the defeated parties in the process isn't enough. We also have an implementation where you can stop them from actually accruing any honor altogether, especially by taking advantage of the very same feature that was supposedly designed to equal the playing field for those underdog players to begin with. Are you kidding me??

One would have to laugh at the irony of the situation, if it wasn't so sad.

The game is imbalanced and top-heavy, and the increase in the margin of the "Haves" and the "Have-nots" isn't going to prove well for the longevity of the game.

Sinner just happens to be the random figure in what I am talking about, and is a variable.
            ChieftainRez
            Knight
            VictisHNR
            [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

I've been yelling about the BG issues to anyone who would listen Rez at 5am every day for as long as I can recall ^_^

But, only 2 more weeks and the lower levels can breathe easy, and instead, I can have hissy fits
              Blizzarea
              S147
              Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by onimad View Post
                lol.. this is not an exploit. i would call a bit of lousy strategy. there is another easier strategy.
                the main intention is to pevent enemy from turning the resources.
                According to the earlier posters it seems to be an exploit, so prolly condorhero or ratty mod can file a ticket on them n push for it.
                Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Working...
                X